Windows 10: Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?

Discus and support Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to know how to configure my laptop so one interface uses the VPN and the wireless interface bypasses the VPN and connects to the internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YAMQ, Jul 6, 2018.

1. YAMQ Win User

Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?

I would like to know how to configure my laptop so one interface uses the VPN and the wireless interface bypasses the VPN and connects to the internet. At the moment the only way I am able to do this is with VM software, e.g. VMware, but looking for a solution that does not require installing a VM as this is very resource intensive. (Windows 7 or Windows 10)

:)

YAMQ, Jul 6, 2018

2. How to remove grayed-out VPN interface?

On Windows 10, I use a program named Pulse, by Juniper, to set up VPNs. The problem: After disconnecting from a VPN, I can't create a new connection. The connection attempt just times out.

I notice that the interface for the disconnected VPN still exists. In Device manager, it looks like this:

Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface? 60e2c43d-0453-47b6-88cf-eed9c1d38241.png

It's adapter #6. My hope is that removing this interface allows me to make a new VPN connection.

Do you notice the interface is gray? I can right-click on it and select Uninstall, but the uninstall process never completes. I don't remember ever seeing an error or timeout message - it just goes on forever.

The problem is solved by a reboot, but I can't always afford the disruption (10 minutes or so, and I need to recreate all my windows).

Any suggestions how to get rid of this interface?

BerndBausch, Jul 6, 2018
  3. interface problem

Hi,

There could be a reason behind why your operating system doesn't support Russian interface programs. However, we need more information to identify what's happening. Can you provide an answer to these questions:

• What do you mean "my OS does not support Russian interface programs"?
    • Do you get an error message whenever you run a Russian interface program?
    • Have you tried to change the language on your computer?
    • Does it only happens with Russian interface programs?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface? - Similar Threads - interfaces VPN access

2. "No such interface supported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such interface supported": This appears to be a widespread issue: unable to open .jpg's, .mp4's, even .txt's, among others. After the 22H2 update when attempting to open various files, such as those previously mentioned, an error message box advises that "No such interface supported." Even after...
  3. USB HID Joystick: one device two interfaces conundrum

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB HID Joystick: one device two interfaces conundrum: Hello! I've buit an LUFA/Arduino-based joystick HID device that, due to a ridiculous 32-button max limitation, has got two distinct interfaces in it: first one with 32 buttons, the second with the other 14 buttons and 8 axes. The device itself works allright, Windows Device...
  4. Can I have TWO Bluetooth adapters interfaces in ONE PC ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I have TWO Bluetooth adapters interfaces in ONE PC ?: Is is possible to install two or more than one blutooth adaptors in the same PC ? I need to connect to 8 Bluetooth devices at the same time. Bluetooth has a limitation of 7 devices per interface, going down to 3-4 considering data transfer. Can I install two different...
  5. Interface Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interface Issue: I got this problem recently when I started my computer and it showed to select a boot device ,which did not appeared earlier . I booted on , and my right click was not working , I clicked on start menu and that was also not working ,nothing on my taskbar was opening . only...
  6. Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI: Having trouble with latest windows 10 pro version (1809) interfacing with an ultra 4k tv via HDMI. When entering text in any text entry box, it will not display until the cursor is moved. Has something changed? Used to work on earlier versions of windows 10. My system is...
  7. GUI interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GUI interface: i can not access any routers switches that use a GUI interface , say 192.168.1.1 yet i can ping them fine and or use a network utility to talk to them , but can not get to them from ie or chrome or edge or any browser...
  8. Interfaces and Routing via CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Interfaces and Routing via CMD: Little background, I keep randomly losing connecting and my network and file paths are just a disaster. My networking interfaces kept randomly disappearing. Also even though I've downloaded the correct drivers from the manufacturer, they never actually update. I came...
  9. Web Interface

in Browsers and Email
    Web Interface: Need Internet Explorer 11.103.10586.0 for work. I have higher version. Solved with compatibility view. 54735
  10. Two dimensional interface harder to interpret?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two dimensional interface harder to interpret?: Does anyone else feel that the "new" (old?) two-dimensional feel of Windows 10 makes it a bit harder to interpret where one window ends and another begins when there are multiple windows/dialogues stacked on top of each other? 26072

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 interfaces 1 for internet