Windows 10: Two local admin. account

Discus and support Two local admin. account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Have two Administrator accounts, both are shown as "Local. " Cannot delete/change the type of account. Windows keeps telling me I am signed in to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CleverDjeida, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Two local admin. account

Have two Administrator accounts, both are shown as "Local. " Cannot delete/change the type of account. Windows keeps telling me I am signed in to the account.
    HELP

:)

CleverDjeida, Dec 20, 2015

2. how do I get control of my computer back?

Santosh_Rai had a very good answer. I set up a local account with admin privileges. Now I have two accounts on my computer and I am attempting to
    find all my documents under the local account with the admin privileges. I think it will work out. Too bad
    that setting up a Microsoft account automatically adds a password protected admin account without any warning.

MikeLawton, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Phil0560 Win User
    Local Account to Admin Account - Admin Unavailable

I was hoping to do this, but can't get to the elevated command prompt because when it pops up the admin box, I only see the "NO" and not the "YES" with an option to put in the admin password. Any way to bypass this?

Phil0560, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Two local admin. account

1. Two local admin. account - Similar Threads - local admin account

2. Admin account picture syncronizing to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account picture syncronizing to local account: My parent’s computer has had an annoying problem recently. My dad has an admin account, and my mom and I have a local account. Whenever my mom signs into her account, she receives a duplicate picture of the admin’s account. We tried changing it, restart the PC to see if the...
  3. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  4. Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't "sign in" to local admin account.: [ATTACH] So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin account. If I try any other accounts on aforementioned PC, it works fine. When setting up the computer for the first time we...
  5. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  6. two admin accounts on lenovo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two admin accounts on lenovo: One of my kids created a second admin account for my laptop and uses a security pin to log in. How can i ovverride this and access their account login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-admin-accounts-on-lenovo/de5ece78-64aa-4f1d-b02e-2e551bf8e56a"
  7. admin accounts (local or Microsoft?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin accounts (local or Microsoft?): Hi I have used Win 10 since it came out and in general, I'm happy with it. Is there a difference in system access rights given to a local account administrator as compared to an Microsoft account based logon to an admin account? The reason I ask is that I only have one log...
  8. Unable to add local admin account

Unable to add local admin account: Periodically I acquire computers from ex-employees that only have themselves as local Users. Even though I'm in the Administrators Group as a domain admin, I don't have permission to add anyone to local Users. I need to clean these up for redeployment and often wind up...
  9. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  10. Running as a local Admin account

Running as a local Admin account: I am running Windows 10, currently running as a local Admin account and I am the only one using the machine. However, I am thinking to run as a Limited User instead by creating another User account as making that as an Admin account. Couple of questions though. 1). My...