Windows 10: Two minor problems after 13 days with W10

Discus and support Two minor problems after 13 days with W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After 13 days with W10, I have two small problems: 1) I cannot copy (or move) files (or folders) to the left pane of File Explorer (OK to right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nabucco, Aug 10, 2015.

1. nabucco Win User

Two minor problems after 13 days with W10

nabucco, Aug 10, 2015

2. Windows 10----Show Notifications from these apps

Thank you. This fix worked for me.

It's disappointing that Windows does not clean up after itself and one has to do it manually but then again this particular issue is minor compared to other problems W10 has.

SomeOne_learning_always, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Luigixyxy Win User
    Free W10 upgrade, with minor problem

So, I have had the opportunity of trying out your suggestion.

I went to

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...-laptops/thinkpad-edge-e335?TabName=Downloads

and got

AMD Graphics Driver for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Edge E335

I went into the Properties of that file (named hkdi95ww.exe) and ticked the compatibility box for Windows 8.

The extraction of the drivers went smoothly, and then Catayst showed up for installing them. A large number of video components were installed but, once the stage signalled as "Currently Installing AMD Quick Stream Technology ..." was reached, the installation
    process stalled. The light running along the progress stripe keeps flashing for ever. I waited for a long time, and eventually I had to force the session to an end with Task Manager.

I've found out that a number of other people with the Radeon HD7340 card, who upgraded to W10 have also run into trouble. See >>>

Get Windows 10 Update states "AMD Radeon HD 7340 graphics" not fully compatible with windows 10

Thank you anyway. You almost got me out of this quagmire. But it seems that either Microsoft or AMD must detach a programmer or two to the assignment of making W10 and the HD7340 card talk to each other.

That taught me the truth of what they say in North America, that there is really no such thing as a free meal. (I was too gullible in believing Microsoft that I could move up to W10 for free.)

Luigixyxy, Aug 10, 2015
  4. nabucco Win User

Well, the second problem is not important, but the first is very annoying... any idea of a solution?
    (actually I'm using XYplorer, great software BTW)

nabucco, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Guess you need to contact the publisher of XYplorer, Copy or Move from right to left panes works fine in my Win 10 File Explorer. That is what has to be done whenever third-party software is involved as it didn't come with the computer and maybe no one else visiting the forum is using it.

Berton, Aug 13, 2015
  6. nabucco Win User
    Sorry, my english is very weak and perhaps I have not explained well (I need Google translator many times *Redface ):
    XYplorer works very well. I'm using it because File Explorer no works (present the first problem).

nabucco, Aug 13, 2015
  7. nabucco Win User
Thema:

1. Two minor problems after 13 days with W10 - Similar Threads - minor problems days

2. Is there a way to downgrade W11 to W10 after 7 days?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to downgrade W11 to W10 after 7 days?: I heard that if 7 days pass since you upgrade to 11, the recovery files get permanently destroyed, essentially locking the downgrade option.Is there a way to downgrade to 10 after that period WITHOUT doing a factory reset and losing all my data? Also, as the windows 10 .iso...
  3. Is there a way to downgrade W11 to W10 after 7 days?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to downgrade W11 to W10 after 7 days?: I heard that if 7 days pass since you upgrade to 11, the recovery files get permanently destroyed, essentially locking the downgrade option.Is there a way to downgrade to 10 after that period WITHOUT doing a factory reset and losing all my data? Also, as the windows 10 .iso...
  4. Action Center minor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center minor problem: No pencil button and the battery button.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-minor-problem/1b4ce5a9-47f9-4bae-9b17-eaf52fd817b0
  5. Action Center minor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center minor problem: No pencil button and the battery button.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-minor-problem/1b4ce5a9-47f9-4bae-9b17-eaf52fd817b0
  6. December 2019 W10 Update Created two Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    December 2019 W10 Update Created two Problems: Currently I have W10 Home Ver 1909, OS build 18363.836. Prior to the Dec 2019 update, two things worked perfectly: I could cause my laptop to enter Sleep using Start > Power > Sleep; and I had used Settings to cause the computer to allow a screensaver upon inactivity but not...
  7. Minor second monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor second monitor problem: So, I recent got a second monitor, and it's amazing, my whole setup feels completely different. One minor issue I have with it though is that when I'm gaming, I want to have my game on one monitor with yt or Spotify or Faceit or whatever on my second. The only problem is I...
  8. Minor problem switching on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Minor problem switching on PC: Hi Sometimes when my husbands starts his pc from cold, it starts the process then before loading the OS it switches off again - or it appears to. Let me explain. What I've said does indeed happen but if he leaves it long enough perhaps 30-45 seconds it runs up no bother. It...
  9. Two W10 drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two W10 drives: I just got a new DELL with a single HDD. I would like to take the system drive from my old HP Pavilion and install it as a second drive in the DELL (The drive is a very nice new WD). When I first boot up, the PC will see two system drives. Will this cause a problem? How...
  10. System hang after two days of usage

in Windows 10 Support
    System hang after two days of usage: Hello. This past Saturday I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop via the media creator tool/USB boot. It ran smoothly on Saturday and Sunday, but last night, after about three hours of usage, it froze/hanged...I had been away for 10 minutes and came back to find the time...