Windows 10: Two-monitor issues

Discus and support Two-monitor issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 3 with an external monitor & Microsoft's Surface Pro docking station. The displays are extended. Two issues though: 1. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by laslephoko, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Two-monitor issues

I have a Surface Pro 3 with an external monitor & Microsoft's Surface Pro docking station. The displays are extended. Two issues though:

1. When docking the Surface, how to make the desktop icons automatically move from the touch screen to the external screen? The external display is set as the main monitor, which the system seems to remember when docking, but it does not move the icons automatically. Instead they have to be manually moved each time.

2. How to get Windows to automatically switch to tablet mode when undocking and desktop mode when docking? This is not possible via Windows settings.

:)

laslephoko, Jan 1, 2017
  2. Ian Boase Win User

Weird issue with two monitors

Thanks Ariel, I'll look into that video card update.

No, the roll-back was just referring to the video card drivers. Rolling back to an earlier Windows version would be a drastic and definite 'last resort' option only!

I will keep you informed as to how I go with this problem.

Regards, Ian

Ian Boase, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Weird issue with two monitors

Regarding your concern, it turns out that the root cause of this issue has something to do with your video card that is not fully updated that's why you encounter this concern when using 2 monitor screens. It is best to update your video card to prevent
    this concern by contacting the video card provider.

Just to clarify, when you said that you want to roll back, are you referring to going back to the previous Windows version you had before you used Windows 10? If so, we recommend to use this
    link as your guide.

If you want to reinstall Windows 10 again to your computer, we recommend to use the Media Creation tool provided on this
    link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Jan 1, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Two-monitor issues

essenbe, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Thanks. But I did come up with those pages during my research and they solve neither of the issues.

Please only answer it you actually know how to do this.

laslephoko, Jan 1, 2017
  6. My desktop PC switches from Tablet Mode to Desktop Mode automatically when I go from Extend to PC Screen Only via the Windows Logo key *Start + P. Switches back to tablet Mode when I go the other way too.
    I don't put any Icons on my desktop so I can't help you there. I pin everything to my taskbar or use Tiles from the Start Screen to launch things.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Two-monitor issues

1. Two-monitor issues - Similar Threads - monitor issues

2. Second monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor issue: Hello, When I turn on my PC, it never recognizes the second monitor. I need to go to devices management everyday and update the driver that is already installed, and then it works fine. Do you know how can I fix this definitly? Thank you submitted by /u/RDarkfalcon...
  3. Issue with Family Safety Monitor

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with Family Safety Monitor: So pretty much, my dad set up Microsoft Family Safety Monitor on my pc. I started noticing that, whenever the computer gets locked, and then unlocked, this weird white square appears in the top left corner of the desktop. [ATTACH] You can move the square around, and it...
  4. Dual Monitor Start Up Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Monitor Start Up Issue: I have two monitors connected via displayport to my msi 2060 graphics card. For half a year i had no issues with start up. but since august last year theres a 50 50 chance when i boot up my computer the monitors dont get any singal coming to them and theres no boot up. my...
  5. Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself?

Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EUPH0R1A01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lga3df/update_caused_resolution_issues_or_is_it_the/
  6. Second Monitor issue

Second Monitor issue: [ATTACH] I have connected second monitor to my laptop using HDMI cable but all windows corners are crossing monitor.. they are not fitting to screen.. minimize, maximize and close icons are not accessible please help me i try to set different resolution for this monitor...
  7. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor: Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today all fixed. But since getting it back today it thinks it's the main monitor as it has the desktop apps on the background? I've...
  8. Can anyone help with this issue, whenever I go into full screen my second monitor shuts off

Can anyone help with this issue, whenever I go into full screen my second monitor shuts off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheRayquazaLord [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9rey7/can_anyone_help_with_this_issue_whenever_i_go/
  9. Duel Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duel Monitor issue: Windows 10 64bit about a week ago crashed to the extentthat I had to re-install. It is on its own SSD with only those programmes thatare required for the computer to function i.e., monitor – security. All other programmes are downloaded and installed on entirelydifferent...
  10. Two monitors issue.

Two monitors issue.: [ATTACH] Hi all. I have an issue with two monitors. I have monitor #1, small and set in the display options as main monitor. I have monitor #2, large, for gaming only. I turn off #2 when done playing. When I turn it back on, some windows "jump" to #2. How can I stop this...