Windows 10: Two-monitor issues

Discus and support Two-monitor issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 3 with an external monitor & Microsoft's Surface Pro docking station. The displays are extended. Two issues though: 1. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by laslephoko, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Two-monitor issues

I have a Surface Pro 3 with an external monitor & Microsoft's Surface Pro docking station. The displays are extended. Two issues though:

1. When docking the Surface, how to make the desktop icons automatically move from the touch screen to the external screen? The external display is set as the main monitor, which the system seems to remember when docking, but it does not move the icons automatically. Instead they have to be manually moved each time.

2. How to get Windows to automatically switch to tablet mode when undocking and desktop mode when docking? This is not possible via Windows settings.

:)

laslephoko, Jan 1, 2017
  2. Ian Boase Win User

Weird issue with two monitors

Thanks Ariel, I'll look into that video card update.

No, the roll-back was just referring to the video card drivers. Rolling back to an earlier Windows version would be a drastic and definite 'last resort' option only!

I will keep you informed as to how I go with this problem.

Regards, Ian

Ian Boase, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Weird issue with two monitors

Regarding your concern, it turns out that the root cause of this issue has something to do with your video card that is not fully updated that's why you encounter this concern when using 2 monitor screens. It is best to update your video card to prevent
    this concern by contacting the video card provider.

Just to clarify, when you said that you want to roll back, are you referring to going back to the previous Windows version you had before you used Windows 10? If so, we recommend to use this
    link as your guide.

If you want to reinstall Windows 10 again to your computer, we recommend to use the Media Creation tool provided on this
    link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Jan 1, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Two-monitor issues

essenbe, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Thanks. But I did come up with those pages during my research and they solve neither of the issues.

Please only answer it you actually know how to do this.

laslephoko, Jan 1, 2017
  6. My desktop PC switches from Tablet Mode to Desktop Mode automatically when I go from Extend to PC Screen Only via the Windows Logo key *Start + P. Switches back to tablet Mode when I go the other way too.
    I don't put any Icons on my desktop so I can't help you there. I pin everything to my taskbar or use Tiles from the Start Screen to launch things.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Two-monitor issues

1. Two-monitor issues - Similar Threads - monitor issues

2. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  3. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  4. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  5. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  6. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  7. Monitor connection issue

Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  8. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  9. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  10. Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue

Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue: my pc turns on normally with display but then 3 seconds into the login screen the display black screens and says "no signal detected". my peripherals which are plugged into my monitor still work. and my second monitor does still work so i can still do stuff on windows on that...