Windows 10: Two more Store Apps updated

Discus and support Two more Store Apps updated in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft People Microsoft Solitaire Collection Both updated via the Store 34343 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hTconeM9user, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Two more Store Apps updated

Microsoft People
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Both updated via the Store

:)

hTconeM9user, Dec 18, 2015
  2. ptenter Win User

Store: Doesn't show app updates available

Store icon doesn't notify me if app updates are available. I have to manually check for update available if any. Am I missing any option? However I have disabled app auto-update & two more options.

Thanks

ptenter, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Microsoft photos app will not open in windows 10 - photo error saying invalid value for registry

I tried the fix you outlined above but when I tried to open a photo with Microsoft Photos I still get the following message:

This app can't open

Check the Windows Store for more info about Photos

See Store

I have downloaded several other photo apps from the Windows Store which do work.

Last night Win 10 installed two updates:

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (KB404891)

Cumulative update for Windows 10 (KB4048955)

I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue as it would appear one or more of the updates may be responsible.

Michael Cartain

MichaelCartain, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Two more Store Apps updated

I saw people, mine had some kind of sorry message and then a cryptic error code but then I manually clicked the download button and it worked. Didn't see solitaire but maybe that just automatically updated. There seems to be no way to check what apps successfully update automatically in the background which is frustrating. Means I have no idea if the process is working correctly! I presume it must be because I have Facebook app and I see no update pending etc but in the couple of months since I got my machine and installed the app there must of been Facebook updates in that time!

Scottyboy99, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Yes Face Book did the other week update via store
    No on Solitaire mine was not working but since update it does now
    So that is how you know it updated ok
    All I get is completed ok

hTconeM9user, Dec 18, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Yes there is!
    Go to Reliability History:

• Go to Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Security and Maintenance
    • Click the Maintenance dropdown menu
    • Click the "View reliability history" link

Two more Store Apps updated [​IMG]

Cliff S, Dec 18, 2015
  7. Thanks both. The process must be working ok now you've confirmed Facebook updated the other week. I think the process is a tad glitchy and could be better handled by MS but at least it's kind of okay!!!

Wow, that's well hidden by MS. Cheers for pointing this out, will try and look later at reliability history.

Scottyboy99, Dec 18, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

Two more Store Apps updated

@Cliff S, didn't work for me as I know it updated apps the last few days including today but it's not showing anything as far as apps.

Almighty1, Dec 22, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    @Almighty1,
    Did you click on each day on the graph, and look through the informational events? It should show you every Windows update and app store updates(usually when you update drivers too).

Cliff S, Dec 22, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    @Cliff S, yes I did as I just did a video capture. It is logging everything else it seems but not Windows Update and app store. It is logging software installs though. Speaking about the app store, I noticed the older version of the app store stayed at Downloads and Updates but the new versions will go back to the main app store home page on it's own...

Almighty1, Dec 23, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member

I can't see the video capture, sorry*Sad.

Cliff S, Dec 23, 2015
  12. Almighty1 Win User
    @Cliff S, I know what I did wrong. I put it on private instead of unlisted... Sorry! Please try again..

[youtube]Kkqwr1uAbxs[/youtube]

Almighty1, Dec 23, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

You could look in event viewer under Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient/Operational and see if anything is updating(it will not provide what was, just that something was updated)

Or you can download this Custom view zip file, and import it into event viewer: Event Viewer Windows Update Custom View.zip

Cliff S, Dec 23, 2015
  14. Almighty1 Win User
    Missing that section under Event Viewer, is there something you have to toggle on in order to see it?

Almighty1, Dec 23, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    The custom view or do you me treeing down?
    to tree down:
    >Applications and Services
    >Microsoft
    >Windows
    >WindowsUpdateClient
    >Operatioinal

Cliff S, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Two more Store Apps updated - Similar Threads - more Store Apps

2. two more bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two more bsod: had two more bsod in rapid succession,i have attached the link to the files.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHgAJu3gAgfxRRPvGzZphjnl_v6?e=2pxOAGcould swapping the ram stick possibly fix these issues...
  3. two more bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two more bsod: had two more bsod in rapid succession,i have attached the link to the files.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHgAJu3gAgfxRRPvGzZphjnl_v6?e=2pxOAGcould swapping the ram stick possibly fix these issues...
  4. When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store?: When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store. Many apps are only available on iPhones/iPads or Androids. I can't install an exercise app on my Surface because it isn't compatible. I really prefer Microsoft over Apple but it's getting to the point that you...
  5. Store apps not updating

Store apps not updating: I have a growing number of Store apps whose status is ''pending'' and which are not updating. At present there are 19. I have tried to get a few to update manually but without success. Does this matter? Should I try to give them a nudge or leave them alone to update...
  6. Two Apps updated from the store

Two Apps updated from the store: There are two updates available in the Store Windows AppStudio Collection Mail and Calendar For anyone who is interested Both downloaded and installed ok 42142
  7. Two Apps updated via Store

Two Apps updated via Store: Windows Maps Shazam Both Updated via the Store 38047
  8. Two Apps Ready in Windows Store to be Updated

Two Apps Ready in Windows Store to be Updated: Yahoo Mail App No version number Available Facebook App Version 4.10.107.191 Both Ready in Windows Store to be Updated 50083
  9. App Store Updates

App Store Updates: Apps won't update. App store finds updates. Some say " something went wrong" Other updates are on pause". Any ideas how to resolve. Internet is connected 14613
  10. Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store: Microsoft will update the price tier values for Windows Store during the week of April 13, 2015. Windows Store supports 96 tiers that publishers can use to price paid apps and in-app products. These price tier values are updated periodically to maintain consistency across...