Windows 10: Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?

Discus and support Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For weeks my Insider Updates have downloaded but refused to install. Part of this seemed to be that I couldn't connect properly to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kupuna, May 8, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?

For weeks my Insider Updates have downloaded but refused to install. Part of this seemed to be that I couldn't connect properly to my Microsoft Account.
    Today I created a New User on the same machine and carried through to create an entirely new MS Account. If I register as a new Insider and if I am then able to download Insider updates, will the installed updates be available if I log in using my "old" long-time user account?
    I can definitely log in locally with both old and new accounts. Will they use the same Insider Update version if I download it through the new account?
    I want to do all of this because my current state of Win 10 has some serious problems and I hope a clean download might clear them up. I guess I could shift totally to my "phantom" MS Account login, but the old setup has many links to installed programs that haven't come over with the new login. What advice do you have?
    Thank you very much.

:)

Kupuna, May 8, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 8, 2016
  3. Trouble on updates re: Two MS accounts on same laptop; want to remove one

Removing accounts will not delete software.

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people

Select the account

Click Remove

Click the option to delete account and data

Andre Da Costa, May 8, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

I think that only accounts with administrator privileges can be used to upgrade system.

CountMike, May 8, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes. All user accounts on the computer use the same build number and updates.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"? - Similar Threads - Accounts same machine

2. two machines same account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  3. two machines same account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  4. Same email two accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same email two accounts.: Been stuck with a problem. Have two accounts. One is a personal account and the other one is a work based account,but they share an email address. Lost the password to the work account which is a global admin and can't access it,which means that admin functions are no longer...
  5. Same email two accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same email two accounts.: Been stuck with a problem. Have two accounts. One is a personal account and the other one is a work based account,but they share an email address. Lost the password to the work account which is a global admin and can't access it,which means that admin functions are no longer...
  6. two MS accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    two MS accounts: I have two MS accounts one I use the other very little my problem is the account I use was setup with an email / user name that I want to stop using. I do have another email setup in that account.I'm just confused as to how to fix this merge the accounts or what?...
  7. I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines: Hello,I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines one on my laptop and one on my PC, is it OK?i mean i log in with my same Microsoft account on my two different computers one windows home and one windows pro ....
  8. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  9. Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account: Hi, I have an issue with my two laptops. These have the same MS account. One, however, has a qwerty keyboard and the other an azerty. Now, when my qwerty laptop is set correctly, my azerty laptop has become qwerty. When I rectify my azerty laptop back to azerty keyboard,...
  10. Accounts cross linked two different phones

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accounts cross linked two different phones: This has to get fixed 5 year now I've been dealing with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-cross-linked-two-different-phones/972278bc-5310-46ba-8d19-4a98fe14450e"