Windows 10: Two Music Folders same content

Discus and support Two Music Folders same content in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've somehow managed to have made two music folders when trying to map download and music folders on my new system. They point to the same location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orangepeel, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Two Music Folders same content

So I've somehow managed to have made two music folders when trying to map download and music folders on my new system.
    They point to the same location but are have different icons. If I change the location through properties dialog box they both update.

Any help?
    Two Music Folders same content [​IMG]

:)

orangepeel, Aug 5, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

I just got my windows phone 7 but before that i had an iPod so I had all my music on my iTunes (for PC) is there a way I can get that music on my phone?

If your iTunes folder was never moved, then it's in your Music folder. Zune monitors this folder by default and will automatically add this content to its library.

The problem rests with copy protection on iTunes content. Music purchased over two years ago (and was not upgraded), all videos and apps (obviously) cannot be used by Zune. Only music purchased in the last two years or upgraded (this marks when iTunes switched
    to completely DRM free music) will be added to Zune.

Entegy, Aug 5, 2017
  3. CraigLong Win User
    Changing the Location of a Documents folder errors

Did you try copying just the contents of the folder and paste it where you want? Perhaps the two folders are the same folder. Sometimes creating a new folder solves the problem.

CraigLong, Aug 5, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Two Music Folders same content

From looking at the icons, it appears that you have moved the Music to both Music and Downloads. The icon with the down arrow is usually the downloads folder.

essenbe, Aug 5, 2017
  5. thanks for the reply.

There's no music folder repeated in the Music or downloads folders.

So what i have is two folders labelled music that both point to the same location.

Not sure how to resolve it.

orangepeel, Aug 5, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Sounds like (no pun intended) in your efforts to map your folders, you have one of them as a symbolic link. It would appear and act just like the real thing. Check the properties carefully on both, and see if one has a tab for link properties. Just a guess.

f14tomcat, Aug 5, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    Do they both have a Location tab in Properties?

essenbe, Aug 5, 2017
  8. Two Music Folders same content

No link properties tab but yes, both have location tabs. If i change the location they both change.

Thanks

orangepeel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Two Music Folders same content

1. Two Music Folders same content - Similar Threads - Music Folders same

2. same folder shows different content at the same time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    same folder shows different content at the same time!: Hi thereTL;DR: the attached screenshot is from the same folder, accessed from quick access vs roottoday I accidentally faced this issue. I was looking for my Xbox recordings folder to send an educational video to my friend. I was unable to find that under my user's folder, so...
  3. same folder shows different content at the same time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    same folder shows different content at the same time!: Hi thereTL;DR: the attached screenshot is from the same folder, accessed from quick access vs roottoday I accidentally faced this issue. I was looking for my Xbox recordings folder to send an educational video to my friend. I was unable to find that under my user's folder, so...
  4. Double Pictures folder in This Computer, but the contents are the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double Pictures folder in This Computer, but the contents are the same: Anyone can help me to restore it to normal again? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-pictures-folder-in-this-computer-but-the/b17ba610-72c8-4035-9ccc-94c16d21ce04
  5. Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other: Windows 10 Version 20H2 I recently did some housekeeping in my Music folder and somehow ended up with two "Music" folders. Here's how they display in Windows File Explorer: As you can see in the screenshot, the icon for the main folder, the subfolder directly under libraries,...
  6. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...
  7. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders: I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders Music, Pictures and Videos would be stored on that second drive, hoping in the event of a SSD failure, all those files would be...
  8. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders: Hi, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents. [ATTACH] Because of this Windows completely bugs out when you try to move either of these folders. I can change the contents...
  9. Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer: Hello, After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:...
  10. Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs

Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs: If I have an administrator account on two PCs on my local network, both with the same names and passwords, shouldn't they be able to have the same access on each other's PCs? For example, if I have a shared folder \\PC1\Folder and the local account Bob with the password...