Windows 10: Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards

Discus and support Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi folks, just installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have two graphics cards, an NVidia GeForce 970 and an NVidia GeForce 570 Ti. I keep both in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DrLilo, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DrLilo Win User

Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards

Hi folks, just installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

I have two graphics cards, an NVidia GeForce 970 and an NVidia GeForce 570 Ti. I keep both in my rig, in spite of the fact that they can't SLi, because I use the 570 Ti as a PhsyX card and to drive two of my four monitors.

This set-up has always worked fine, but with Windows 10, it seems to have only activated one graphics card and the other says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on Device Manager...

I have the latest GeForce drivers installed (353.62)

Thanks guys.

:)

DrLilo, Jul 28, 2015
  2. SheWolfGR Win User

Display language is showing Polish instead of Greek on Windows 10.

I did what you said and the problem persists. Also when I was updating the drivers for my graphics card I got a message that said that the operating system's display language does not match the language settings for non-unicode programs.

SheWolfGR, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Mouse does not detect upon windows start up ( Windows 10)

Well to be honest, my pc runs much faster for windows 10. I have upgraded the graphic card r9 270 and PSU to match it. 8gb of ram up..

I was previously using a razer death adder mouse, and it has no problems at all. All the other non gaming mouses i testing on this pc. Works fine... Only this cooler master brand... mastermouse is having problems...

Timothy_x4, Jul 28, 2015
  4. powlette Win User

I'm having exactly the same issue with a GTX 980 & GTX 480 - I can't get them both going at the same time. I've tried various versions of the drivers including the latest.

powlette, Jul 28, 2015
  5. DrLilo Win User
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...ail/a_id/3707/

Someone on the nVidia forums linked me to this article... It looks like we're both screwed :O

DrLilo, Jul 28, 2015
  6. stormy13 Win User
    One thought if you haven't tried it yet. Put the older card in the first PCI-E slot and the newer in the second, might force it to post the older card first thereby allowing you to use both per the table in that article.

stormy13, Jul 28, 2015
  7. DrLilo Win User
    Thanks for trying to help, but that doesn't work. I tried it, all it does is activate ONLY the older card, and leave the newer card disabled with error code 43.

DrLilo, Jul 29, 2015
  8. RyGuy Win User

All,

I know this is an old thread, but I was having this issue myself after upgrading to windows 10. Decided to live with it and not use my PhysX dedicated card. Today I was presented with an Nvidia driver update and after install/reboot, lo and behold I have control of both cards now. My two cards are a GTX660 and a GT430 (so i wasn't missing much with the 430 out of commission).

The update I installed was to driver version 368.81 (7/14/2016)

Good Luck

RyGuy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards - Similar Threads - non matching Graphics

2. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10: I have a high-end GPU and a old GPU on the same workstation Windows 10 Pro 21H2 With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the high-end GPU: high-end GPU 40% old GPU 15% Nice performance With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the old GPU: high-end GPU 25% old GPU...
  3. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10: I have a high-end GPU and a old GPU on the same workstation Windows 10 Pro 21H2 With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the high-end GPU: high-end GPU 40% old GPU 15% Nice performance With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the old GPU: high-end GPU 25% old GPU...
  4. Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choosing Between Two Graphic Cards For Individual Applications: Hi! I am a 3D designer, and I have faced this problem. I have two graphic cards Intel & Nvidia. I want to know if there is any way to pick which application uses which graphics card....
  5. What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?: I'm curious but I noticed that a few people install 2 RTX 2080 Ti graphic cards in their computers. Why do people do this? Are there games that actually require this much processing power? Is upscaling and playing 4k movies perfectly require this? Or, is it merely for...
  6. Running two graphics cards (NVDIA and AMD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running two graphics cards (NVDIA and AMD): Hello, I am currently using Windows 10 but I’m wanting to dual boot my pc to have both windows 10 and Linux distro so I can use it for virtualization. Basically, I currently have a 2070 graphics card but I’m wanting to get an AMD 5600 or something to pass through to my...
  7. Use for two different Graphics cards?

Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  8. Graphic cards and monitors matching

Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  9. Graphic cards and monitors matching

Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  10. Two graphics cards

Two graphics cards: How to change Intel HD display Adapter to Nvidia display adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-graphics-cards/3d9053b1-8e5a-4d43-bdc9-77910db542a5