Windows 10: two pane file explorer ?

Discus and support two pane file explorer ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Back when I was using a Vista computer, I found a nice two pane file/windows explorer program. Does such a thing exist for Win 10 ? Thanks. 43952 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimjoe, Mar 12, 2016.

1. jimjoe Win User

two pane file explorer ?

Back when I was using a Vista computer, I found a nice two pane file/windows explorer program.

Does such a thing exist for Win 10 ?

Thanks.

:)

jimjoe, Mar 12, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 12, 2016
  3. What has happened to the properties bar in Windows 10

The question is not whether to display properties or previews in the right-hand pane. The question is how to get rid of it.

I've been using Win 10 for several months now, and I use File Explorer every day. Two days ago, suddenly it started to show that right-hand pane. Until then, there were only two panes, the navigation pane and the details pane. The new third pane takes
    up badly needed desktop space and I'd like to get rid of it.

How?

Dave Birren, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

two pane file explorer ?

5. jimjoe Win User
    okay, got it and figured out how to get 2 panes. Gracias !

jimjoe, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    It is a great program, I have used it for years for zip files, but didn't use the explorer part until @Cliff S pointed that out. It is very usefull

7. CountMike New Member
  8. Barman58 Win User

two pane file explorer ?

I just use windows explorer, open two copies, select one - Widows Key + Left Arrow - select two Windows Key + Right Arrow - It's sorted.

I also do a lot of my file handling in a single window - Open the source folder in the right Pane - Select files - Drag to Left pane the folder list will scroll up and down as required and a pause on a folder will open it's sub-folders

Barman58, Mar 12, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Same here, I wheel click 2 instances off the taskbar, throw one to the left and one to the right.

Edwin, Mar 12, 2016
  10. Barman58 Win User
    Keys are essential for my Multi monitor set-up *Wink

Barman58, Mar 12, 2016
  11. jimjoe Win User
    Well. I prefer two windows in one as I got to use a similar directory utility on my Amiga A3000, and I got to where I liked that. So I try to keep using such a thing as a 2 panel file manager.

I've used Windows explorter, two copies, but I find it frustrating as I have selected the wrong pane and got told I couldn't copy as I was copying a file onto itself.

jimjoe, Mar 13, 2016
  12. jimjoe Win User
    I found it... 2xExplorer. No idea if it works on newer operating systems or not.

jimjoe, Mar 20, 2016
  13. Barman58 Win User

two pane file explorer ?

2xExplorer shows last supported OS as XP, It may work but I personally wouldn't trust anything that old with important files.

Barman58, Mar 20, 2016
  14. XYplorerFree does. You can choose to have panels horizontal or vertical, plus many other settings.

TairikuOkami, Mar 20, 2016
  15. jimjoe Win User
    Thanks. I'll try XYplorerFree. I've downloaded it.

jimjoe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

two pane file explorer ?

1. two pane file explorer ? - Similar Threads - pane file explorer

2. File explorer and additional pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and additional pane: Good morning, Following Windows update Windows 11 Pro, File Explorer add a new pane between the actual files and the navigation pane, that includes options such as New, cut, copy, paste and etc. Please could someone guide me how to hide it....
  3. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  4. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  5. File Explorer Preview Pane

6. Preview Pane in File Explorer

Preview Pane in File Explorer: Does anyone know why my Previrew Pane is showing an Index?***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane-in-file-explorer/bd53d4ec-158c-43c0-a519-6a5840634053
  7. File Explorer Network Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Network Pane: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  8. File Explorer Network Pane

File Explorer Network Pane: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  9. extra pane in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra pane in file explorer: in file explorer a pane has appeared to the right of my preview pane. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-pane-in-file-explorer/63cc981b-5f21-45d1-8fa6-c25a63527235
  10. file explorer preview pane

file explorer preview pane: Problem I`m having is the preview pane will show pdf`s fine, but will not preview jpegs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane/3166cd80-4954-4b11-8def-bf594a2d9831"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two pane file explorer

2. file explorer two pane