Windows 10: Two picture folders

Discus and support Two picture folders in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but here goes. I was downloading some pictures from the internet and in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fred22, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Two picture folders

Two picture folders [​IMG]

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but here goes. I was downloading some pictures from the internet and in the process of deleting some of the pics and other stuff (blank pages and pages with what looked like the IE icon) I somehow ended up with 2 picture folders. I tried deleting one, but when I do, it deletes both, I suppose because they are both the same...same pics, etc. as if I've inadvertently "cloned" my picture folder. This is something I can live with, but I'd really like to restore my desktop to the way it was...nice and tidy. Does anyone have a suggestion? It would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please inquire. Thanks.

:)

Fred22, Mar 22, 2016

2. Documents and pictures... green check mark?

They're under "This PC" It's very annoying because I cannot see my real documents and pictures folders... But these two folders are cloud folders it seems.

The two folders under "This PC" are Users/toadb/OneDrive/Documents and the pictures is a similar path...

I wish my real documents and pictures folders were here instead, not onedrive documents

JakeMiller1337, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Obiwayne Win User
    Activesync/WMP11 sends pics to Pictures not My Pictures

Yes, but MY PICTURES and PICTURES are two separate folders on the Storage Card.

I am trying to solve the problem that Activesync is syncing the pics to the PICTURES folder, not the MY PICTURES folder and I don't know how to get the pics into a folder that Pictures and Video will access directly.

Thanks,

Obiwayne, Mar 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Two picture folders

Hi, it would help if you can right click each of them and for each, rt click, properties, click the Location tab and post the path you see (i.e. where it's located)

FYI, had you, for example, tried to copy the top Pictures folder directly into itself, you would have got this:

so that can't be what happened.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2016
  5. Fred22 Win User

Okay...here they are. Hope this helps.

Fred22, Mar 22, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    The second one is a folder within the Pictures folder. What happens when you delete it.

7. dalchina New Member
    @whs - Fred22 said (1st post) - I tried deleting one, but when I do, it deletes both,

That's the odd thing to me.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

Two picture folders

Hmm thanks. I missed that one. They are apparently linked by a junction.

9. dalchina New Member
    Oh, and why is the first one hidden?

dalchina, Mar 22, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    Perhaps the second one got created because the first one got 'hidden'.
    Second one could be 'Saved Pictures' or maybe even One Drive/Pictures.

Edwin, Mar 22, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    My OneDrive Pictures appears under Library Pictures only - not the Pictures folder shown here.

Resolution? I'm tempted to say delete what's there and recreate the Pictures folder only.
    Apparently:
    "you can type shell:My Pictures in the Start Menu search box to restore it. You may need to restart the computer afterwards to full apply" (I quote Brink!)

dalchina, Mar 23, 2016
  12. Fred22 Win User
    I'm very confused now...don't know whether to delete the second folder (which I've done and, as you know it deletes both). Don't know how to create a new pictures folder. Any more suggestions? Oh I just re-read the first reply and one folder does say "Saved Pictures". Does this help you in your analysis of the problem...not used to Win10...only had this laptop for a month or so...used to Vista.

Fred22, Mar 23, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Two picture folders

Hi, I will simplify my last post for you. Sorry it wasn't clear enough.

1. Save any images you need elsewhere
    2. Delete (both) folders and anything in them
    3. Type shell:My Pictures in the Start Menu search box to restore the picture folder
    You may need to restart the computer afterwards to full apply" (I quote Brink!)

Good luck

dalchina, Mar 23, 2016
  14. Fred22 Win User
    When I click on folders, "Delete" is not an option...will not let me delete. I have a folder called "Saved Pictures", which is the pics in a folder and another called "Pictures", which is all the pics...no folder. I renamed the "Saved Pictures" folder to "Pictures". I tried every way I know to delete the folders. I copied the "Saved Pictures" folder and pasted on desktop, deleted the folder. But the little folders to the left cannot be deleted. Am I doing something wrong?

Fred22, Mar 23, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    Puzzled- you previously said "I tried deleting one, but when I do, it deletes both,". Has this changed?

Why are you doing anything with sthg called Saved Pictures? This will - dare I say- only confuse the picture.

So if you can't delete them from within Windows, do it from outside.

E.g. Shift + click Restart, navigate to a command prompt, and then change the drive until you find the Windows drive (it most probably won't be C from the command prompt), then locate the folders and delete them.

You'll have to be confident enough with e.g.
    DIR
    CHDIR
    rmdir

and simply typing e.g.
    D:
    to get to drive D

Note: you can always get help by typing (e.g.)
    rmdir /?

dalchina, Mar 23, 2016
Thema:

Two picture folders

1. Two picture folders - Similar Threads - picture folders

2. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  3. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  4. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to

Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to: My old Microsoft used to let me see all my pictures all the time I’ll had to do is hit Photos and if they were in a file or had Jews hit the file and say open and there’s my pictures now it looks like Microsoft 365 wants me to pay for their Program to do all this. So is there...
  6. Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to: My old Microsoft used to let me see all my pictures all the time I’ll had to do is hit Photos and if they were in a file or had Jews hit the file and say open and there’s my pictures now it looks like Microsoft 365 wants me to pay for their Program to do all this. So is there...
  7. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  8. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  9. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  10. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...