Windows 10: Two Recovery (D:) Recovery Disks with the same information

Discus and support Two Recovery (D:) Recovery Disks with the same information in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When viewing Disk Management, there are two RECOVERY D: disks. They have the exact information with the exception of one having an NTSF file system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dwattstsu, Dec 9, 2015.

1. dwattstsu Win User

Two Recovery (D:) Recovery Disks with the same information

When viewing Disk Management, there are two RECOVERY D: disks. They have the exact information with the exception of one having an NTSF file system. I get error messages that backups are failing due to insufficient space. I attempted to change backups to a network location and outwardly it appeared to have been successful but still getting the errors. I'm hesitant to screw around with anything on the D drive(s). I have no idea if this was introduced when I upgraded to Windows 10 or if it's always been that way (on Windows 8.0). Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Dennis

:)

dwattstsu, Dec 9, 2015

2. When I run diskmgmt it shows two recovery drives (D). Why and how do I correct this?

When I run diskmgmt it shows two recovery drives (D). Why and how do I correct this?

OT: Disk Management

Jarrod Davis_794, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Lahuerta Win User
    Restore System Image

4. D: drives are usually recovery partitions intended to reinstall Windows 10, not for storing files. In fact, it contains important files for creating a recovery drive used to facilitate the restoration of Windows

Hi Andre -- the recovery disk (D) is the one that displays the message "Low disk space you are running out of space on D. So in other words it is full to bursting.

5. You need a recovery drive, learn how to create one.

D is already named recovery disk. wouldn't there be a conflict?

Thanks

L

Lahuerta, Dec 9, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

I went through this before with a poster over at eight forums...

There is only one D partition - but because it is a HP Bootable partition
    Disk management sees the drive as recovery and bootable..

the give away is the Two other Recovery Partitions and the fact that the partition is assigned D by disk management

D contains your HP Factory Recovery Image..

Kyhi, Dec 9, 2015
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

There are also 3 Windows Recovery partitions visible.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 9, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would recommend installing MiniTool Partition Wizard Free. With that program you can right click on each recovery partition and select explore. If you post screenshots of the directories we can tell what they contain and what the effects will be of deleting each one. Also, since you have three recovery partitions that are located in front of the C: drive partition, you will have to use something like MiniTool Partition wizard to expand the C: drive partition into any free space we gain.

Also, from an elevated command prompt ("run as administrator" command prompt) type reagentc /info

reagentc /info will tell us which partition Windows 10 is actually using as the recovery partition and which/if image for Windows reset is assigned.

Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    I stand corrected - PC has been upgraded twice, plus the original winre... So 3 winre partitions
    and one factory recovery image partition reporting as 2 separate D: partitions..
    Although still just one D: partition on disk..

Kyhi, Dec 9, 2015
  8. dwattstsu Win User

Thanks everyone, for the information. I greatly appreciate it! Sure you'll be hearing from me again. I've been known to screw things up as an administrator and I'm relatively new to Windows 10 so I tread cautiously. Again, thank you for the the insight and expertise.

Dennis

dwattstsu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Two Recovery (D:) Recovery Disks with the same information - Similar Threads - Recovery Recovery Disks

2. bitlock recovery information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlock recovery information: My name is Kathy Bridges my laptop computer is asking for the bitlock recovery and I don't have the information, could you please tell me how I can obtain the information....
  3. bitlock recovery information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlock recovery information: My name is Kathy Bridges my laptop computer is asking for the bitlock recovery and I don't have the information, could you please tell me how I can obtain the information....
  4. Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery Disk: Hey I have this “old” laptop i need to sell. I did the system reset which took forever. But now there is this Recovery disk which i can’t open. What is it for? can/should i remove it before selling? https://imgur.com/a/7raeGuN submitted by /u/Juicy-Cucumber [link]...
  5. Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition: Hi... I noticed that my Recovery Partition is in the same Disk with my Primary Partition. is it gonna cause me a problem if i try to reset my laptop? I think it was supposed to be in a different Disk Partition. . [ATTACH]...
  6. recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery disk: can I open a recovery disk to see whats on it, on a computer thats not broken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/3a1b4d32-7a35-4258-959e-00b32454ae49
  7. Disk recovery

Disk recovery: Hello, i've created windows10 installer on my hard drive, but it was't empty. https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10 using second option how can i recover my lost data? all programs can not recover my previous parition In disc settings i don't have any...
  8. clean recovery disk D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clean recovery disk D: How do I clean recovery disk D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-recovery-disk-d/e52bc80d-8e97-45e1-80b0-4dcbe4eaf592"
  9. Recovery Image Information

Recovery Image Information: Can I shrink a volume before making a System Recovery Image to make it smaller, or will the process still create an image of the entire drive (not the volume)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-image-information/48e33664-4cc3-4c20-8227-a62850497b7a
  10. recovery d:

recovery d:: I did a full windows 10 home edition install over windows 7 I have gone thru everything I got all old files and folders and deleted everything even old windows file.So I can never go back to windows 7. So my question is what about the recovery d: drive if something goes wrong...