Windows 10: Two screens and three clicks to wake from sleep - can I shorten this?

Discus and support Two screens and three clicks to wake from sleep - can I shorten this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. My house has two computers with Windows 8.1 that got the upgrade to Windows 10. When waking from sleep in Windows 8.1, one always just woke to its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by megafrog, May 27, 2016.

1. megafrog Win User

Two screens and three clicks to wake from sleep - can I shorten this?

Hi. My house has two computers with Windows 8.1 that got the upgrade to Windows 10. When waking from sleep in Windows 8.1, one always just woke to its previous state, just the way I like it. The other one woke up to a picture with the clock screen, and had to be clicked past to get back to the state I told it to sleep in.

Now that it is in Windows 10 the first computer does the same thing. The second one with that waste of time clock screen that has to be clicked past now has the same clock, but also to click on which user is going to use the unsleeping windows device.

It's that second computer that's annoying. I never had to click to confirm the user before. Why now?

I don't know what these screen names are called, I keep seeing tutorials like "disable the lock screen" that don't work because it's not locked.

But now it is a three-click workflow.
    Click once to wake
    Click once to get past the clock
    Select the same user that I was before and click to go to the desktop

I know it is possible just to "click once and go" to wake from sleep because I do it every day on computer #1. So what can be done to change computer 2 to make it work the same way?

Thank you.

:)

megafrog, May 27, 2016

2. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, it only happens when the computer goes to sleep. I have tested this a number of ways but clicking on Power->Sleep and waiting a few minutes then waking it back up causes the issue.

I had tried The Power Troubleshooting steps last week and all it did was shorten my sleep time and had no other effects. I have also fully updated my Motherboard drivers.

Anthony Headley, May 27, 2016
  3. PNapa21 Win User
    Blue screen errors in Windows 10 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

The last three times I have awakened my computer from sleep I have got the following

1st time PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

2nd time KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

3rd time MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

this only happens when I wake the computer from sleep mode what is causing this?

Original Title: Blue screen

PNapa21, May 27, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Welcome to the Ten Forums Megafrog.

Right click the Start button, select Power Options:

Two screens and three clicks to wake from sleep - can I shorten this? [​IMG]

This opens Control Panel Power Options. Select Require a password on wake-up on left pane:

(Click screenshots to enlarge.)

Select Change settings that are currently unavailable:

Select Don't require a password, click Save changes:

That's it.

5. megafrog Win User
    Thank you Kari for the incredibly detailed cannot-possibly-fail directions that worked perfectly! Everyone in the household is happy now! I even got a chuckle out of the in-forum advertisement about insomnia that was inserted in my thread about a computer "waking from sleep" *Smile so this was the best possible web experience.

megafrog, May 29, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Two screens and three clicks to wake from sleep - can I shorten this? - Similar Threads - screens three clicks

2. can I shorten the process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I shorten the process: I can’t use my brand new gaming Pc because I’m locked out. It wanted verification to make a new pin with a number I don’t have anymore. Microsoft sucks I don’t understand why things are so difficult. I have to wait 30days for something they can do with a click of a finger....
  3. can I shorten the process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I shorten the process: I can’t use my brand new gaming Pc because I’m locked out. It wanted verification to make a new pin with a number I don’t have anymore. Microsoft sucks I don’t understand why things are so difficult. I have to wait 30days for something they can do with a click of a finger....
  4. Three Blue Screens on two days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three Blue Screens on two days: I have encountered 3 BSOD in just two days, can someone please look into this and help me? ThanksLink for minidumps and most recent MEMORY.DMP:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIiHyMRArk5HjVVKPX?e=iIqy79...
  5. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking from sleep: Every time I put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it up, it says no contact with the monitor after I turn on the monitor. I then have to leave the monitor on and put the computer to sleep via the keyboard and wake it up, it then sees and connects with the monitor....
  6. Waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking from sleep?: I understand how to stop windows waking from sleep but there are so many steps. By this I mean, the IMO, the sleep function in windows, by default is not fit for purpose. You have to make sure WOL is disabled, sleep timers, usb devices disabled allowing to wake are disabled....
  7. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep: Since the last update my mouse won't wake my pc from sleep - i have to press the reset button. I've checked power options etc Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-from-sleep/16c5f540-8199-48ba-a97b-971670323493
  8. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  9. waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...