Windows 10: Two sign in names.

Discus and support Two sign in names. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When starting windows goes to the sign in page, somehow I now have two names there (both mine) one with my e-mail which is the correct one the other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gaelldew, Aug 15, 2015.

1. gaelldew Win User

Two sign in names.

When starting windows goes to the sign in page, somehow I now have two names there (both mine) one with my e-mail which is the correct one the other just my name. In user accounts there is only my correct one I did uncheck the box so as not having to sign in but still need to, can anyone inform me how I can remove the odd one which BTW doesn't have a password, which always comes up first when signing in. Thank you.

:)

gaelldew, Aug 15, 2015

2. user names in sign in screen in windows 10

I would look over tutorial for setting up user accts. in W 8 & 8.1 and W10 help page for sign in.

I would assume once you set up your wife's user acct. on same pc then login screen will change.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Jmarco0921, Aug 15, 2015
  3. user names in sign in screen in windows 10

in windows 7 I had 2 accounts on the sign-in screen so either my self or my wife could sign-in to our individual acct. In windows 10 there is only my account on the initial sign-in screen. How do I add a second account to the initial sign-in screen after
    windows 10 first boots up

fingers322, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Two sign in names.

Hello Gaelldew, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you mean that you have Windows set to automatically sign in to your account at startup, but instead goes to the sign in screen with the two accounts, then it sounds like you may have an incorrect password set in netplwiz.

If so, starting over in netplwiz may help.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Aug 16, 2015
  5. gaelldew Win User
    Thanks for the welcome and reply Brink, tried that, the other name isn't in there nor can I find it anywhere else, I did change it and searched the registry but no luck. I think it must be something I did in my ham fisted way when first loading Win 10.

gaelldew, Aug 16, 2015
  6. ossie Win User
    RIGHT click windows icon on bottom left and choose computer management. Under Local Users & Groups and then users do you see the erranous logon?

ossie, Aug 16, 2015
  7. gaelldew Win User
    Hi Ossie, thanks for that but there is nothing there about users, gone through them all.

gaelldew, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Two sign in names.

Do you still see this other user on the sign in screen when you have the box checked in netplwiz?

Brink, Aug 16, 2015
  9. gaelldew Win User
    Thanks Brink, did as you suggested ticked the box restarted and up came a picture waited but it didn't go off when I clicked on that the welcome box came up with just me. Cracked it except what I like to do is to switch on, get breakfast and its ready to go after, is there a way round having to click on the picture and also do without the signin? I know I'm a PITA.

gaelldew, Aug 16, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, go ahead and set Windows to automatically sign in to your account at startup again.

Did it still automatically sign in for you?

If not, then I'm thinking you may not have entered the password correctly the first time. If that's the case, you should be good after setting it up again.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Aug 16, 2015
  11. gaelldew Win User
    Thanks a lot Brinks thats that problem sorted, now just to get Cortana working and MIcrosoft to get my camera to upload my pictures to the computer and we are good.

gaelldew, Aug 16, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news so far. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Two sign in names.

1. Two sign in names. - Similar Threads - sign names

2. Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...: Hello,I recently purchased a Asus Rog Ally second hand, it was signed into another Microsoft account in windows 11, so I logged out and proceeded to sign into my own account. Once signed into my own account, it had my name showing in the top left image and descriptor of my...
  3. Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...: Hello,I recently purchased a Asus Rog Ally second hand, it was signed into another Microsoft account in windows 11, so I logged out and proceeded to sign into my own account. Once signed into my own account, it had my name showing in the top left image and descriptor of my...
  4. Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.

Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.: I still can't sign into Microsoft sudoku and I sent a problem request almost 2 weeks ago. I'm signed into Microsoft acct, signed into Xbox and still it only comes up as a guest and will not sign me in under my gaming name Cameragirl52. My internet is good, I can get...
  5. Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.: I still can't sign into Microsoft sudoku and I sent a problem request almost 2 weeks ago. I'm signed into Microsoft acct, signed into Xbox and still it only comes up as a guest and will not sign me in under my gaming name Cameragirl52. My internet is good, I can get...
  6. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...: Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in to admin account and then user profile service fail to login...
  7. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...: Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in to admin account and then user profile service fail to login...
  8. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...: I can't figure this out - I am sure you used to be able to do it.My account is local - but we have a policy that in general users can't have their own sign in yes, I know no shared sign ins and all that - but it's a very un-technical volunteer organisation. I do have a sign...
  10. How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...

How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...: I can't figure this out - I am sure you used to be able to do it.My account is local - but we have a policy that in general users can't have their own sign in yes, I know no shared sign ins and all that - but it's a very un-technical volunteer organisation. I do have a sign...