Windows 10: Two status bars showing up after using oldnewexplorer

Discus and support Two status bars showing up after using oldnewexplorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed Oldnewexplorer and customized some settings and when I uninstall it, the old status bar remains in the bottom and even if I uncheck show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dillon, Jan 19, 2018.

1. dillon Win User

Two status bars showing up after using oldnewexplorer

I installed Oldnewexplorer and customized some settings and when I uninstall it, the old status bar remains in the bottom and even if I uncheck show status bar it still shows up only the windows 10 status bar hides. Now I'm having two status bars(windows 10 status bar and one from Oldnewexplorer).

Two status bars showing up after using oldnewexplorer [​IMG]

:)

dillon, Jan 19, 2018

2. Saveas, open, export doesn't work on Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 8.1.

Resolved the issue by un-installing OldNewExplorer, software which makes the "This PC" to show the items as in Windows 7 as discussed

here

Srikanthsd, Jan 19, 2018
  3. CraigLuck Win User
    How to move "details pane" to bottom of Windows 10?

OK... I think you're correct. I continued to see the Details Pane at bottom even after I uninstalled oldnew. But I still had the "Show details pane on the bottom" box checked.

So, I went back in an unchecked that box in the the now supposedly 'uninstalled' oldnewexplorer, and sure enough, my details pane returned to the right. I gave Microsoft too much credit (which frankly is pretty easy to do).

In order to restore the details pane at the bottom, I had to reinstall oldnewexplorer and reselect that box.

Apparently it was the remnants. At any rate, oldnewexplorer has been working well for me as a work-around.

CraigLuck, Jan 19, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Hey @dillon , welcome to tenforums! *Smile

O/NEx is kinda glitchy that way, you gotta get it to apply hooks to the Explorer shell with a fresh application.

Uninstall O/NEx, Close, restart Explorer, then go to Folder Options and uncheck 'Show status bar'/Apply/OK, restart Explorer again, open O/NEx, set your preferences and 'Install', Close, restart Explorer again.

You should be all set, play around with it a bit, you'll get it.

Edwin, Jan 19, 2018
  5. dillon Win User
    Thanks for the reply *Smile

I tried that but no luck, I think you got me wrong. I want to get rid of the second windows 7 style status bar at the bottom as even if I uncheck show status bar it still remains in the bottom. If I uncheck show status bar the default windows 10 status bar hides and no matter what I do even if I uncheck show status bar in O/NEx and uninstall status bar still windows 7 style status bar show up in bottom.

dillon, Jan 20, 2018
  6. dillon Win User
    I somehow fixed the bug on my own by replaceing some dll files in system 32

dillon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two status bars showing up after using oldnewexplorer - Similar Threads - status bars showing

2. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file: sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-icon-showing-on-status-bar-but-not-overlay-on/cfd194b4-6062-48cd-abe3-b75e1adee4fb
  3. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file: sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-icon-showing-on-status-bar-but-not-overlay-on/cfd194b4-6062-48cd-abe3-b75e1adee4fb
  4. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Game bar not showing game titles in status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar not showing game titles in status: When I start a game that is not a gamepass one, the game bar does not show the title in the status, but the games, if i check in the "general" options, are correctly recognized . The privacy options are fine, the only problem is that the title of the games is not displayed in...
  6. How to make all status bar icons for running applications show up in the status bar in all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make all status bar icons for running applications show up in the status bar in all...: I'm pretty certain that title isn't clear.On a new laptop, using multiple desktops in Windows 10, when an application window is present in one desktop, the icon associated with that application shows up in the status bar. If I move to another desktop, which does not contain a...
  7. Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/riky86 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l16rhl/oldnewexplorer_deleted_my_file_explorers_address/
  8. How to show video lenght on status bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show video lenght on status bar: What I'm hoping for is to see the video's length in the bottom status bar whilst in viewing modes other than details, as shown in this mock-up below. Is there a way to do this? Processing img g0k4yqfwocl51... submitted by /u/caneira12 [link] [comments]...
  9. Minecraft will not open it will show the status bar and then go to no screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft will not open it will show the status bar and then go to no screen: Why cant I get on to Minecraft? The weird looking status bar moves across status from left to right and then just disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-will-not-open-it-will-show-the-status/17d43f00-564c-42df-8492-ebbd85c3b417"
  10. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oldnewexplorer

2. oldnewexplorer windows 10 registry settings