Windows 10: Two system drives (when making a backup)?

Discus and support Two system drives (when making a backup)? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When making a backup Win 10 insists that my D: 'games only' drive is a system drive too? and wants to back it up. I never have had any Op-sys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Grislord, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Grislord Win User

Two system drives (when making a backup)?

When making a backup Win 10 insists that my D: 'games only' drive is a system drive too? and wants to back it up.
    I never have had any Op-sys installed on it, what are the easiest way to find out if it have any system related stuff added on it, and if it have none, then how to remove the 'system tag' from it?

:)

Grislord, Feb 1, 2016
  2. BryanL. Win User

System Backup Image forces select two drives

Drive G is an internal drive, I've never install any OS on it before, but when I installed my OS, it's not been unplugged from my PC, that's why I suspect if there are any boot info been placed on Drive G.

Drive G is my mass storage for photos and videos. I don't see any system-like folder or files on it, even with 'show hidden files and folders' checked.

Is there a way to make it 'non-system' by deleted some sort of hidden files or hidden partition?

BryanL., Feb 1, 2016
  3. System Backup Image forces select two drives

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the Drive G is internal drive or external drive. Did you install any Operating system before on this particular drive and what are the type files that is present in Drive G?

Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Grislord Win User

(never mind the F: set as active, it's not now)

And checked with diskpart that there actually only is one system drive.

Grislord, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Grislord Win User
    Also get this when changing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsBackup validconfig 0 and validsystembackup 0

Grislord, Feb 2, 2016
  6. Grislord Win User
    I actually bump this one, as I still have the same problem, that 'System image' want to backup my D: too, that is my Steam and other games only drive! And nothing tells me it has system files (more then any other drive) except event viewers backup. (Long text coming up) /IsCritical="1" BackupTypeDetermined="1"
    I really really want to be able to backup only system! *cry

BackupTarget F: NumOfVolumes 3 VolumesInfo <VolumeInfo><VolumeInfoItem Name="D:" OriginalAccessPath="D:" State="14" HResult="0" DetailedHResult="0" PreviousState="9" IsCritical="1" IsIncremental="0" BlockLevel="1" HasFiles="0" HasSystemState="0" IsCompacted="0" IsPruned="0" IsRecreateVhd="0" FullBackupReason="0" DataTransferred="264780251136" NumUnreadableBytes="0" TotalSize="264780251136" TotalNoOfFiles="0" Flags="520" BackupTypeDetermined="1" SSBTotalNoOfFiles="0" SSBTotalSizeOnDisk="0" /><VolumeInfoItem Name="C:" OriginalAccessPath="C:" State="14" HResult="0" DetailedHResult="0" PreviousState="9" IsCritical="1" IsIncremental="0" BlockLevel="1" HasFiles="0" HasSystemState="0" IsCompacted="0" IsPruned="0" IsRecreateVhd="0" FullBackupReason="0" DataTransferred="43444207616" NumUnreadableBytes="0" TotalSize="43444207616" TotalNoOfFiles="0" Flags="1546" BackupTypeDetermined="1" SSBTotalNoOfFiles="0" SSBTotalSizeOnDisk="0" /><VolumeInfoItem Name="" OriginalAccessPath="" State="14" HResult="0" DetailedHResult="0" PreviousState="9" IsCritical="1" IsIncremental="0" BlockLevel="1" HasFiles="0" HasSystemState="0" IsCompacted="0" IsPruned="0" IsRecreateVhd="0" FullBackupReason="0" DataTransferred="336986112" NumUnreadableBytes="0" TotalSize="336986112" TotalNoOfFiles="0" Flags="520" BackupTypeDetermined="1" SSBTotalNoOfFiles="0" SSBTotalSizeOnDisk="0" /></VolumeInfo>

Grislord, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two system drives (when making a backup)? - Similar Threads - system drives making

2. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync: Hello,after few minutes from when the Google Drive for Desktop is uploading data I get a BSOD.Each time it seems to have these details:FilenameAddress In StackFrom AddressTo AddressSizeTime StampTime Stringntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+410d29 fffff803`7a400000 fffff803`7b446000...
  3. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync: Hello,after few minutes from when the Google Drive for Desktop is uploading data I get a BSOD.Each time it seems to have these details:FilenameAddress In StackFrom AddressTo AddressSizeTime StampTime Stringntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+410d29 fffff803`7a400000 fffff803`7b446000...
  4. System Image Backup Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  5. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  6. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  7. Two Backup software on one system

in Browsers and Email
    Two Backup software on one system: Why can't you have two backup programs on the same system? I had macrium reflect v7 (paid) and Acronis 2017. I've used Acronis since version 8. Starting with Acronis 2012 it started to slow down a lot. Upgraded all the way to 2017 thinking it would speed up. It didn't and may...
  8. Backup of System drive.

Backup of System drive.: I hope this is the right forum for this question which is to do with backing up Windows 10. I have recently purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 8 and a 1TB hard drive which I partitioned into two - one for the OS (Drive C) and the other for data (Drive F). The...
  9. can use usb flash drive to make system image backup?

can use usb flash drive to make system image backup?: Hi. I have Windows 10 Home running on Lenovo desktop. Can a 128 gb usb 3.0 flash drive be used to make a system image backup? Is a usb flash drive the same as a usb jump drive? Thanks. 73270
  10. Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

Cannot backup system image to one of two drives: I have two external hard drives, WD-RED 2.0 TB, each is installed in a "Plugable" USB3-SATA-USASP1 SCSI Disk drive plugged into separate USB drives on my Dell Inspiron. (Drives F: and G*Smile The first is a tad full and will no longer fit another system image. So, I wanted to...