Windows 10: Two user accounts with one email?

Discus and support Two user accounts with one email? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pjollop, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Pjollop Win User

Two user accounts with one email?

I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email?

(Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account but since the admin account is rarely used I'm worried that the email account associated with it might get killed off because of lack of use. If you want to be super kind....is it easy to change the email that a user account is linked to?)

Using win 10 home edition.

:)

Pjollop, Oct 24, 2015

2. two user accounts in one pc

Thanks I also should not want sign in with Microsoft account...i have not interest in store and cloud based applications it always crash in windows 10 specially store..but I want the mail apps...but when I add my Microsoft account on my mail apps my local
    account convert to Microsoft account on the next sign in..Actually I want to use the mail apps particularly by sign in with my local account without convert it to Microsoft account..how..??at this time I am a local administrator.

ShaswataChatterjee, Oct 24, 2015
  3. two user accounts in one pc

Yes. Like Windows versions since NT, this is still possible and effective.

However, the split you are giving (offline/online) would be a manual configuration you would need to change each time. I would just suggest having a local administrator (even enabling the built-in local administrator) and just having YOUR account (for all
    the time use) setup as a standard user and elevating privileges as needed. Both should have secure passwords (not shared.)

Shenan Stanley, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 24, 2015
  5. Pjollop Win User
    Thanks I get that. the problem really is: Microsoft suggest setting up two accounts on your computer (with win 8. 10 and others) One, an admin account, and the other a standard account which is for daily use. Their thinking is that should you do something stupid, or encounter a virus or malware that attempts to make changes to your computer, the permission request that would spring up would alert you to the problem. Now that seems a good idea to me and has worked for me previously but on older O S the accounts didn't have to be linked to email accounts. Now they do, it gives rise to my fear that the email account linked to my (rarely used ) admin account might be killed off by Microsoft due to lack of use effectively freezing my admin account.
    hope I'm making sense ,
    peter

Pjollop, Oct 26, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You don't have to use a Microsoft account that uses an email address. You could use a local account that is just like it was in Windows 7.

The only problem is that you won't be able to use apps that uses Microsoft services since they require a Microsoft account. The only way around this is to sign in to the Store with the same Microsoft account, and still sign in to Windows 10 with a local account.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/sign-in-store-with-different-account-in-windows-10.7588/

This way your email address is also getting used.

Basically, you could keep you Microsoft account that is an administrator on the PC, then use a separate local account on the PC for every day usage. In the local account, sign in to the Store with the same Microsoft account used for the admin. You can also setup the Mail app to use the same email address as the Microsoft account.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two user accounts with one email? - Similar Threads - user accounts email

2. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  3. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  4. same user with two accounts: one problem and one question

same user with two accounts: one problem and one question: Hello, I've recently installed Win 11 and I'm not liking it very much, I don't like this forced shift toward O.S. for mobile platforms and I don't like Microsoft mimicked iOS's bar... however let's go to the point.I had to insert my account while installing windows but I'd...
  5. two emails one account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two emails one account?: okay so when i created my Microsoft account i used *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and then it asked me for a different one i chose *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and theyre both hooked up to the same account i want to remove *** Email address is...
  6. two emails one account?

two emails one account?: okay so when i created my Microsoft account i used *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and then it asked me for a different one i chose *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and theyre both hooked up to the same account i want to remove *** Email address is...
  7. Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?: In File Explorer with Show All Files ON, I show at the same folder level the following: User folder N. P., and This PC. When I drill down into the C drive under This PC, and then further down to User Folders under C, I see the user folder name NP629, which is my Microsoft...
  8. one user account with two Admin profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one user account with two Admin profiles: Hi guys, I have problems with my Win 10 profile: I have one account same login associated to 2 Admin account - one with full control and the other with modify access. The problem is that I need to be able to switch to the one with full control as I can't modify many folders...
  9. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  10. Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email: I appear to have two Microsoft Accounts linked to the same email address. One is the account I set up myself using my work email address. The other appears to be an account that my IT Department has set up using my email address. Is there a way to combine these or any...