Windows 10: Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

Discus and support Two user options in login screen, need to remove one? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Here's a pic of what I'm seeing at my login screen. https://goo.gl/photos/WVjueypwyHM338MV7 [img] But when I go to user account through... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Winneh da Pu, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

Here's a pic of what I'm seeing at my login screen.

https://goo.gl/photos/WVjueypwyHM338MV7

Two user options in login screen, need to remove one? [​IMG]

But when I go to user account through netplwiz I see 5 accounts.

Administrator
    Benjamin (myself)
    Default Account
    HomeGroupUser$

Which one do I delete to get rid of "Other User" in the login screen?

:)

Winneh da Pu, Nov 5, 2016
  2. hpkrekt Win User

missing other user option in login window

This bug is still not solved.

I changed a computer from a domein to a workgroup and the 'other user' on the login screen is missing

and as there are only two users option left I can not use login with an other account then those shown on the login screen

hpkrekt, Nov 5, 2016
  3. DaveB_871 Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 1511 removes Server 2012 R2 Connector and resets group policy

On two machines (a laptop and a desk machine) the upgrade removed the Windows Server 2012R2 connector, and needed to be reinstalled.

Also group policy to turn off user folder backups was cleared, and also a security policy to block displaying last users on the login screen was reset to default.

DaveB_871, Nov 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

Another account is enabled. Use the Administrator tool that shows you enabled users in Computer Management.

bro67, Nov 5, 2016
  5. When I look in the Users section under Local users and groups in Computer Management, I'm looking at 5 entries and none of them say 'Other User'. How can I tell which one is the correct one to delete?

6. bro67 Win User
    You just told yourself what the user account is that you need to remove. Most likely it was installed by malware. Run a standard malware scan also with the tools at READ RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) | MajorGeeks.Com Support Forums

bro67, Nov 5, 2016
  7. I also have 5 entries under Users in Computer management. None are labeled as Other user. Looks normal to me?

alphanumeric, Nov 5, 2016
  8. Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

I've had dual entries on the logon screen. For me I believe it was caused by logging in with a local account during install, then switching to a Microsoft ID. Both listings had my user name in them though.

9. So there's no way to get rid of the other user account?

10. I'm not sure. mine wasn't labeled Other user? Did you maybe enable the Guest account?

11. mrgeek Win User
    Running netplwiz, I only show one acct (see below). Is the 'Other user' listed in Action Center/All settings/Accounts ? If so, you can remove in Admin acct or in Control Panel by:
    • Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on “Manage another account” and then select “Other User”.
    • Click on “delete the account”.

• Two user options in login screen, need to remove one? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 5, 2016
  12. Netplwiz just shows my one account? Winneh da Pu have you by any chance enabled the built in administrator account?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

1. Two user options in login screen, need to remove one? - Similar Threads - user options login

2. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  3. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  4. remove user account in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove user account in login screen: Hello, My windows 10 was set up originally with a local user account. Later I added my online account and deleted the local account from "control panel". So now there is only one account online account under "control panel->user accounts". I wanted to set up auto login from...
  5. Need to add the Other User option at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to add the Other User option at login screen: I am using two LOCAL Windows 10 accounts on a STANDALONE laptop. One for Admin and one for Limited account. I know the image below are for a domain joined machine, but how can I achieve to show my Limited username account and one showing as Other User on the below left-hand...
  6. Login Screen Has Two Options

Login Screen Has Two Options: At first I thought that my login screen had two signin options because of my school account, but I disconnected my school account, but my login screen still has two options when I login. The annoying part about this is that it defaults to the login that requires a...
  7. How to remove one of the "Other user" login options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove one of the "Other user" login options: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The "Other...
  8. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  9. Win 10 user with two microsoft accounts - need to remove one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 user with two microsoft accounts - need to remove one: Hi I have a win user account wich has TWO microsoft user accounts under "Accounts used by other apps" I need to remove one of them (the account is closing down), but there is no REMOVE on it - only at the other - but that is the one I want to keep. It's an...
  10. Two logins -one wrong

Two logins -one wrong: When the Win 10 login page opens, my picture is there, but below it it says (approximately) "wrong password". In the lower left corner of the login screen two small boxes appear, one with just my name and a second one containing "myname at outlook.com" (my Microsoft account)....