Windows 10: Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part

Discus and support Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have one SSD with two partitions with Windows 10 installation in each. The first partition was due to the old system (intel) and the new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sinoka56, Jul 31, 2018.

1. sinoka56 Win User

Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part

Hello

I have one SSD with two partitions with Windows 10 installation in each. The first partition was due to the old system (intel) and the new one is for the new system (amd).

Here is my current configuration:

F: old parition
    C: new partition

Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part [​IMG]

I have already set the C: as the default boot drive from MSCONFIG but F: is still marked as the active, primary, and system partition.

Is there a way to move the active, primary, and system status to my C drive?

:)

sinoka56, Jul 31, 2018

2. Building all new pc from parts with win 10

I have purchased all the parts to build a new system including new drives. The dealer gave me a oem win 10 package (I haven't opened it yet) that looks like it has a cd/dvd in it. I came here and got the default Win 10 Pro key and the assessment and deployment
    kit to be on the safe side. Is this acceptable to Microsoft as it is all new clean parts? Is there anything I need to do in particular to install Win 10?

Note: system specs -> asus z170-ar mobo, 32gb ram, 2x 1 Terabyte drives, cd/dvd/bluray r/w drive, Samsung nvme m.2 256gb sshd, Radeon r9 380x video(have the latest drivers), i5-6600k cpu and 850w psu.

Kenneth_Benson, Jul 31, 2018
  3. win 10 problem on last part of download

i have tried to download win 10 and gt all the way through to final part which tells me that it is checking for downloads before it starts on running win 10 so you can put in your start info i,e. language, computer name etc. and the screen says unexpected
    error and starts to settings remove itself and return to previous system settings , win 7. no error message given and i cant find any reason for it.can any one please help me to sort this problem out

philratcliff, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part

Windows 10 did detect USB External Drive but not the partitions

Apparently you missed the part of my message that says:

"Just to check that the drive is still functional, I switched the drive and cable to another computer running Win-7 and it functioned
    normally."

The drive has Five partitions on it and all were available on the Win-7 machine. I even accessed and opened files on the drive under Win-7 to be sure of the normal functioning.

The part about chkdsk will not work.

If the drive doesn't show up in Disk Manager under Win-10,
    there is no drive letter to run chkdsk on.

Any other suggestions ?

Composmentis, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part

1. Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part - Similar Threads - part drive remove

2. Translucent bar spiting the screen in two parts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translucent bar spiting the screen in two parts: hello,i am using Windows 11 with Ryzen 9 5900x and GF RTX 2070S.The problem started today suddenly. Some unwanted semi transparent bar appeared on my screen, splitting it in two.I can't think of any third party app that would do this.I can't find any options to disable it,...
  3. Translucent bar spiting the screen in two parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Translucent bar spiting the screen in two parts: hello,i am using Windows 11 with Ryzen 9 5900x and GF RTX 2070S.The problem started today suddenly. Some unwanted semi transparent bar appeared on my screen, splitting it in two.I can't think of any third party app that would do this.I can't find any options to disable it,...
  4. my labtop screen was divided into two parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my labtop screen was divided into two parts: My toshiba tecra m7 labtop screen went black then the computer crashed and restarted itself. I have a blue screen with critical errors. I managed to get it started up in safe mode but the screen has split horizontally in two parts even on booting it . I updeted the bios but...
  5. my labtop screen was divided into two parts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my labtop screen was divided into two parts: My toshiba tecra m7 labtop screen went black then the computer crashed and restarted itself. I have a blue screen with critical errors. I managed to get it started up in safe mode but the screen has split horizontally in two parts even on booting it . I updeted the bios but...
  6. I want to unsync parts of my two home computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to unsync parts of my two home computers: I recently purchased a new Surface Pro windows 10 and have given my old computer windows 10 to the children to use for homework etc. Both computers are using the Microsoft Office that I purchased. Email notifications and files I leave on my Surface desktop keep popping up...
  7. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

in Windows 10 Support
    Two desktops. Want to remove one of them: Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive installed on it. I thought that the 2nd desktop was connected to it in order to transfer files to the cloud because the path to that...
  8. Two part question on Update to 1903 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two part question on Update to 1903 issues: I tried twice to update to ver 1903 (2) from 1803, and it continually failed. I ended up looking at a black screen for two hours. After I rebooted a couple times, I was again able to use the system, but Windows kept trying to schedule a restart to update Windows. To...
  9. Two One Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two One Drives?: Just got a Windows tablet and everything is working pretty well. BUT Went to copy some files from One Drive that I had just sent from my desktop specifically for that purpose. When I logged into One Drive from the tablet it showed a whole different set of files than those I...
  10. Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd): I can see that this was discussed before but I don't get it. I've tried it for the last 14hours and now it's time to go to bed. I just hope I find a solution when I wake up again :) It's an HP Pavilion 590 p0512ng with a 256MB SSD (M2.0) I've also installed a 1TB Toshiba...