Windows 10: Two Win 10 machines - no connection

Discus and support Two Win 10 machines - no connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Had a new Win 10 machine, set it up solo, hardwired through a gigabit switch to my router. In the process, it found my wife's Win 7 laptop. Cool! I A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gpbarth, Aug 4, 2018.

1. gpbarth Win User

Two Win 10 machines - no connection

Had a new Win 10 machine, set it up solo, hardwired through a gigabit switch to my router. In the process, it found my wife's Win 7 laptop. Cool! I

A few weeks later, I got another Win 10 machine, also hardwired through the same switch, and set it up. In the process, it also saw the 1st machine and the laptop. BUT when I go to the first machine, it's not seeing the 2nd one.

I have tried using the sync feature. Both machines have the exact same acct. name, linked through my MS account. But nothing I do makes #1 see #2. Both machines have sharing turned on, and both machines show connected to "Network 2" .

What am I doing wrong? I just want to share files between two machines connected to the same network on the same router.

-= Gary =-

:)

gpbarth, Aug 4, 2018
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Can't write to shares on a Windows 10 machine from a Windows 7 machine

I still get "You need permission to perform this action" from the Windows 7 machines if I try to write to a Windows 10 share after I made the above changes on the Windows 10 machine.

Jim Grybowski, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Two Win 10 machines - no connection

Lumia 1020 running Win 8.1 is not detected by my desktop (Win 8.1) and laptop (Win 7)

Hello,

Since 2-3 weeks now, I have not been able to connect my Lumia 1020 phone to either of my machines (Win 8.1 and Win 7). Not sure what changed with either of the devices in the meantime.

I have a Lumia 1020 with the following configuration:

- Carrier: AT&T

- Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

- OS Version: 8.10.14203.306

I've tried:

- Steps listed in here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749484
    but with no success.

- Soft-resetting the phone but to no avail.

- Turning the phone all the way off. Connected the phone to the PC but drivers did not load

- Running Microsoft FixIt tool

- Steps listed in several other communities related to other users having similar problem with their Win 8 phone

Also, I do not see my phone name listed under System information. It shows my phone as an Unknown USB Device with an Exclamation mark.

Any suggestions/help?

MayankM001, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Two Win 10 machines - no connection

1. Two Win 10 machines - no connection - Similar Threads - machines connection

2. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  3. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  4. Cannot connect a device on to my Windows 10 Hyper V virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect a device on to my Windows 10 Hyper V virtual Machine: Good day, I have a machine that does not work or connect on windows 11. So I have created a windows 10 hyper v virtual machine to work with this device. The device shows under "Device Manager" on the host windows 11 obviously as an unsupported driver. I need it to show like...
  5. Cannot connect a device on to my Windows 10 Hyper V virtual Machine

Cannot connect a device on to my Windows 10 Hyper V virtual Machine: Good day, I have a machine that does not work or connect on windows 11. So I have created a windows 10 hyper v virtual machine to work with this device. The device shows under "Device Manager" on the host windows 11 obviously as an unsupported driver. I need it to show like...
  6. Cannot connect a device on to my Windows 10 Hyper V virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro because I wanted access to the extra security and virtualization features. I believe I have installed the optional Hyper-V feature correctly and virtualization is enabled in my BIOS. I was able to create a couple virtual...
  8. Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager

Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro because I wanted access to the extra security and virtualization features. I believe I have installed the optional Hyper-V feature correctly and virtualization is enabled in my BIOS. I was able to create a couple virtual...
  9. How do windows 10 machines remember display and other settings when connected to different...

How do windows 10 machines remember display and other settings when connected to different...: I am working on a project and cannot find anything on how docking stations and windows 10 machines related to each other. I have 2 different setups, one in the office and one at home, and both of my setups remember all of the settings and devices attached separately. I was...
  10. How do windows 10 machines remember display and other settings when connected to different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do windows 10 machines remember display and other settings when connected to different...: I am working on a project and cannot find anything on how docking stations and windows 10 machines related to each other. I have 2 different setups, one in the office and one at home, and both of my setups remember all of the settings and devices attached separately. I was...