Windows 10: Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account

Discus and support Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two computers (desktop and laptop). Both are running Windows 10, but when I check my Microsoft account only the laptop appears in my list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M Crocker, Aug 4, 2018.

1. M Crocker Win User

Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account

I have two computers (desktop and laptop). Both are running Windows 10, but when I check my Microsoft account only the laptop appears in my list of devices. I use the same Microsoft account on both devices. I even logged into my Microsoft account from the desktop and it shows the laptop as my only device. How do I get the desktop added to my Microsoft account?

:)

M Crocker, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Computers Microsoft Account

2. One Microsoft Account for two Windows 10 licenses

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Microsoft Account for two Windows 10 licenses: I have a Samsung Notebook that came with Windows 10, and I have been using it for more than a year.I just got a used Dell Desktop from a friend who moved out of town and no longer wanted the desktop. When I booted the desktop up, it was like a brand new device, and I had to...
  3. Removing Microsoft Account from One of Two Computers

Removing Microsoft Account from One of Two Computers: I have given my old laptop to my husband and set up a Microsoft Account/Profile for him for use on that laptop. Can I now safely remove my Microsoft Account from that laptop without it being deleted on my laptop? In other words, will removing an account from one computer...
  4. MineCraft - One Computer - Two Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MineCraft - One Computer - Two Accounts: Dear All Hope you can help. I purchased MineCraft Java for my son. It is installed on my computer. On my computer there are two accounts logins, my account and my son's account. We alway have to log out of my sign-in and sign back in as him to let him play. Can can...
  5. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  6. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  7. Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account: I have a computer with two logins: one for me, and one for other users. The one for other users is a local account, and the other is signed in with a Microsoft account. However, I signed in to my Microsoft account on the local account and cannot remove it via Settings,...
  8. Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email

Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email: I appear to have two Microsoft Accounts linked to the same email address. One is the account I set up myself using my work email address. The other appears to be an account that my IT Department has set up using my email address. Is there a way to combine these or any...
  9. Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.: I was in my Microsoft account tonight and realized there are two computers plus my laptop listed as devices instead of just one PC and laptop. The one with the same serial number as mine doesn't have the latest Windows update. The other, with a different serial number and...
  10. Linking two microsoft accounts to one

Linking two microsoft accounts to one: Hi microsoft community, I would like to know that if I have two microsoft accounts and I want to link them to one account i.e. making one primary account, how can this be done? I know the process of adding another email to your outlook mail, but I'm not looking for that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two computers one microsoft account

2. how to have two laptops on one microsoft account

3. can i open two computers with the same microsoft account

4. can two pcs use the same microsoft sign in email address,
  5. can i use same microsoft account for 2 pcs,
  6. if i use the same microsoft account on 2 computers will it wipe my other computer,
  7. how to have 2 pc on one microsoft account,
  8. 2 computers the same photos,
  9. microsoft sharing with family how to stop using same account on multiple computers,
  10. can you have 2 different computers with one microsoft account,
  11. one microsoft account on two computers,
  12. CAN I loginto 2 pcs with same microsaft account,
  13. should I have 2 computers on one microsoft account,
  14. can i have my microsoft account on two computers,
  15. how do i link my two computers using microsoft account