Windows 10: Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

Discus and support Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Nov 11, 2016.

1. mibaup Win User

Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) - each of them has Startup impact: medium

Is one of them a malware?

:)

mibaup, Nov 11, 2016

2. DLL errors

Open Task Manager and click the Startup tab. Right-click "Windows host process (RunDll32)" and choose disable.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Issues with Windows 10 and getting error message "RunDLL box, The specified module could not be found".

Open Task Manager and click the Startup tab.

Right-click Windows Host Process (Rundll32) and choose Disable.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

1. Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager - Similar Threads - 'Windows host process

2. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  3. Task Manager Processes

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Processes: Some of the processes in Task Manager have suspened next to them. I have never seen this before. What causes it & should it be fixed? 132073
  4. Windows Host Process (Rundll32) keeps asking to run

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Host Process (Rundll32) keeps asking to run: Hi all, I'm using a pretty new laptop and several times, a User Account Control popup has come up asking if I want to allow an app to make changes to my device. The app is called Windows host process (Rundll32). I am not doing anything that I would expect to trigger such a...
  5. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  6. Two explorer.exe processes in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Two explorer.exe processes in task manager: It has been a month I happen to see two instances of "Explorer.exe" processes running in Task manager. 100%x One explorer was running from "C:\Windows\" other from "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" Properties of both exe reveals same time data and proper ssh values etc. Defender...
  7. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...
  8. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  9. Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?: Why is there a Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup tab in Task Manager? I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 default action, or if it came from some program I installed. Shouldn't rundll32.exe start automatically if it's needed? It's not a virus, I'm...
  10. Task Manager - Startup Tab - Last BIOS time

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager - Startup Tab - Last BIOS time: In the Task Manager - Starup Tab - Last BIOS time it shows at 17615.2 seconds. That is almost 5 hours. I thought this was supposed to indicate boot up time? My boot time is very quick under 10 seconds, so what does this number mean? 62038

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two rundll32 on startup