Windows 10: Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

Discus and support Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Nov 11, 2016.

1. mibaup Win User

Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) - each of them has Startup impact: medium

Is one of them a malware?

:)

mibaup, Nov 11, 2016

2. DLL errors

Open Task Manager and click the Startup tab. Right-click "Windows host process (RunDll32)" and choose disable.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Issues with Windows 10 and getting error message "RunDLL box, The specified module could not be found".

Open Task Manager and click the Startup tab.

Right-click Windows Host Process (Rundll32) and choose Disable.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

1. Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager - Similar Threads - 'Windows host process

2. Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding: I'm on Windows 11. Windows update pushed the following update to my computer on 28 Oct 22. <<October 25, 2022-KB5018859 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11>>Since then, I've been having printing issues with this message: Windows host...
  3. Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding: I'm on Windows 11. Windows update pushed the following update to my computer on 28 Oct 22. <<October 25, 2022-KB5018859 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11>>Since then, I've been having printing issues with this message: Windows host...
  4. The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.: Hello, I'd just like to say that I've read a similar thread to mine a few seconds ago. I have tried running SFC but it is not working. The only files showing up in the Start Up page in Task Manager, even though more programs actually launch. I'd like to disable them, but...
  5. Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty: Hi all! From a month ago I find when open the Task Manager TM, it does not show any process in "Processes" tab. If I start TM immediately after reboot/logon, it shows everything correctly, until I close and try to open again. Then the tab is empty. I find a...
  6. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  7. Process host windows Rundll32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Process host windows Rundll32: Hello, I'm having some trouble with updating and uninstalling programs on my PC with Windows 10 as lately a message occur telling me that "Process host windows rundll32" is running and therefore I cannot update/uninstall the program. I've already searched on internet to try...
  8. Task Manager Process tab is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager Process tab is empty: I have been having this problem for at least the last year. Task Manager shows information on all tabs *except* the process tab which is empty. I have run SFC and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth in that order and it will work on the next reboot for one to two days. It...
  9. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  10. Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?: Why is there a Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup tab in Task Manager? I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 default action, or if it came from some program I installed. Shouldn't rundll32.exe start automatically if it's needed? It's not a virus, I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows host process rundll32 startup

2. two rundll32 on startup