Windows 10: .txt print preview & line numbers

Discus and support .txt print preview & line numbers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I volunteer at our senior center and will help someone on their computer when I can. I like to create a .txt document on their desktop for notes &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MeAndMyComputer, Dec 15, 2017.

1. .txt print preview & line numbers

I volunteer at our senior center and will help someone on their computer when I can.
    I like to create a .txt document on their desktop for notes & information on their computer.
    Is there a way to do a print preview on a .txt document?
    Also is their a way to number each line?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Dec 15, 2017

2. Wordpad printing problem in Windows 10

Hi, I know how to open Wordpad, create document, save, do print preview and print. The problem I am having is, when the document is created and I want to print it, it prints differently than it should. I was doing a list of unit numbers, names and phone
    numbers of owners, and the three columns are lined up perfectly on the document. However, if I do print preview, some of the lines are no longer in the same columns. It looks like there are additional spaces or another tab. To have it print correctly, I
    have to go back, open the document and change the document so the problem areas are not in the proper columns, save the document, and then if I use print preview, it is lined up in the correct positions. Any ideas will be appreciated. I am going to check
    to see if there is any updated print driver for the printer, although it is a new printer. Thanks for any help.

Pat Meckes, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Printing problem Ricoh SP 112su Windows 10

Hi Jenicel,

This happening with all types of documents eg. Txt, docx or web Pages printing.

The pictures and logos are printed but the text / characters / letters not.

The print preview is correct in all cases

test page shows only a printer icon, Windows logo and line.

I have installed the newest driver.

Thanks,

BR

.txt print preview & line numbers [​IMG]

LászlóSzaló, Dec 15, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

.txt print preview & line numbers

You can't do print preview with notepad but how about using Wordpad? It exists in every version of Windows for free.

Not sure about line-numbers but you could do bullet points (numbered) like this which work in a .txt file.

and you can definitely do print preview.

Wordpad is a great program to use as it always exists no matter what version of Windows you use. I would save as .rtf rather than .txt personally (in case they do more formatting) but either work for simple lists.

5. Thanks. Wordpad it is. What I'm trying to accomplish is set up the pages to print with the pertinent information like page 1, page 2 etc. Line numbering isn't necessary if I can determine how a document will print by page.

MeAndMyComputer, Dec 16, 2017
  6. To see line numbers in WordPad:

1. Press Ctrl + A to highlight the text= Select All
    2 Right click, select <<list>> and choose the numbering list.

The line number will be shown now when typing.

To remove them, repeat 1 and 2 but choose the first on the list = none.

All the best for the year to come,

MikeMecanic, Dec 16, 2017
  7. Thank you. Wordpad works excellently for the purpose at hand.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

.txt print preview & line numbers

1. .txt print preview & line numbers - Similar Threads - txt print preview

2. there is no print preview before printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is no print preview before printing: i am unable to get print preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-print-preview-before-printing/e2ca51c3-dac4-4774-8c71-c4eff0081f7d
  3. No printing preview

No printing preview: Hola,Cuando imprimimos no muestra el PREVIEW en WINDOWS 11: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-printing-preview/fecf8f3c-e388-46b6-941e-b4d47c77066e
  4. No printing preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No printing preview: Hola,Cuando imprimimos no muestra el PREVIEW en WINDOWS 11: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-printing-preview/fecf8f3c-e388-46b6-941e-b4d47c77066e
  5. Print preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print preview: When I try to print an e-mail from gmail or screen print I used to get a print preview page. Now I get what I think is print preview flash up for the briefest of moments and the a blank box where preview should be. I have tried ctrl+p but it does the same. The printer works...
  6. Print preview

Print preview: When I try to print an e-mail from gmail or screen print I used to get a print preview page. Now I get what I think is print preview flash up for the briefest of moments and the a blank box where preview should be. I have tried ctrl+p but it does the same. The printer works...
  7. print preview

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print preview: “print” then “preview” does not print how it is shown. Once inside the printer options, under “preferences” you can select “preview” but it only shows at random times, when I pressed print but then cancelled and the preview came up showing how the pages would print. How do i...
  8. print preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    print preview: I have windows 10 with word 365 and I cannot find the print preview as a means of checking my print before I print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-preview/e6df6252-ae56-450e-a2bd-f79f0bb0093f"
  9. print preview

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print preview: how to setup automatic print preview on Epson ET-2750 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-preview/1f02f753-fab4-42be-b18e-b0d4fe68a3f3
  10. Print Date in txt Output

in Windows 10 Support
    Print Date in txt Output: I have a batch file that outputs a text file for results of ipconfig. How can I add a date to the top of the printed page? ipconfig /all > c:\users\[username]\ip_config.txt 108327