Windows 10: typing delayed

Discus and support typing delayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have Windows 10 installed on HP 110 computer. Using mail let finger rest on key while thinking...and box came up and disappeared before I could read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pallen38, Jan 17, 2017.

1. pallen38 Win User

typing delayed

Have Windows 10 installed on HP 110 computer. Using mail let finger rest on key while thinking...and box came up and disappeared before I could read it...since then there's a few second lag...have to hold key down for several seconds and letter comes up...cannot type fast as before. This happens on my windows 10 computer program AND when i'm using Cox (my ISP) webmail, so it must be some setting in my computer, not something regarding just windows 10 mail program. Would restart computer to reset, but have spent an hour or more typing something, which am afraid would be lost. (Am using wife's computer (windows 7) to type this.) Searched forum using "Typing delayed", "keystroke lag" and some other keywords, but everybody seems to say I have a slow CPU and need to reboot or upgrade. I'm pretty sure it's some setting that can easily be adjusted, but cannot find out how. Help, pls. thx

:)

pallen38, Jan 17, 2017

2. Delay typing email

Hi Barry,

Thank you for replying.

If you think your computer is still running in safe mode then try the mentioned steps and see if it helps:

• Press windows key +R.
    • Type “msconfig” in run box.
    • Go to boot tab.
    • Under boot tab you will see option safe mode, Make sure you uncheck that to get out of safe mode.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Delay typing email

Hi thanks done it and it is now o/k but did also go back to windows 8.1 and I believe it is running in safe mode ,as well no doubt you can tell I am not a geek at this sort of thing just a average computer user ,so thanks again

Barry Ryan

barryryan888, Jan 17, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

typing delayed

I would check out the Explore all Settings section of the Ease of Access Center control panel:

typing delayed [​IMG]

You might have accidentally turned something on in there with a hotkey shortcut.

NavyLCDR, Jan 17, 2017
  5. pallen38 Win User
    Re booted computer and whatever happened before is no longer there. Got your email after and cked settings as you suggested...nothing was checkmarked and keyboard settings were in mid-range. (may have uncked something by re-booting). Couldn't find anything with words "hotkey shortcut" in them. thx for reply. Problem seems solved for now, but in future will have to be careful not to hold a key down while thinking.

pallen38, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

typing delayed

1. typing delayed - Similar Threads - typing delayed

2. Why is Bing, Copiot delayed typing? What **** did this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Bing, Copiot delayed typing? What **** did this?: Let me delete Bing, Co-pilot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-bing-copiot-delayed-typing-what-did-this/876cf947-004a-49aa-bbbd-cae7c360cdc5
  3. Why is Bing, Copiot delayed typing? What **** did this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Bing, Copiot delayed typing? What **** did this?: Let me delete Bing, Co-pilot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-bing-copiot-delayed-typing-what-did-this/876cf947-004a-49aa-bbbd-cae7c360cdc5
  4. how to stop delayed typing when a app is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop delayed typing when a app is open: whenever i open roblox or geometry dash, my typing always gets delayed and its really annoying. how do i make this stop? also im using the laptop's keyboard....
  5. how to stop delayed typing when a app is open

how to stop delayed typing when a app is open: whenever i open roblox or geometry dash, my typing always gets delayed and its really annoying. how do i make this stop? also im using the laptop's keyboard....
  6. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……: Hello everyone,I am repeating my problem, because when the first complaint, I had received some comments, but sudden, at the middle of these comments, I didn't have anything more!My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit, installed on...
  7. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……

Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……: Hello everyone,I am repeating my problem, because when the first complaint, I had received some comments, but sudden, at the middle of these comments, I didn't have anything more!My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit, installed on...
  8. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel……

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......: My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit.I have been struggling with an annoying problem caused by Windows, that it’s the continuous lags when I am typing, and the words has a long delay to appears on the monitor!! Even the keys...
  10. Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......

Continuous delays, or lags, when typing on Word, Outlook, Excel......: My PC it’s a Dell Inspiron 3880, Windows 10 Home & Business, Version 21H1, 64-bit.I have been struggling with an annoying problem caused by Windows, that it’s the continuous lags when I am typing, and the words has a long delay to appears on the monitor!! Even the keys...