Windows 10: Typing problem with Keyboard

Discus and support Typing problem with Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my keyboard. Every time I use my laptop to type longer sets of text I get a few keystrokes that does not make any sense.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Simon97JT, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Simon97JT Win User

Typing problem with Keyboard

Hello,

I have a problem with my keyboard. Every time I use my laptop to type longer sets of text I get a few keystrokes that does not make any sense. This happens very often. Roughly every 6 keystrokes, the next two keystrokes don't work. Example: asdjkliomas/[asdurw and then my keyboard does ctrl f y.

Can anybody help help me? I have already removed and reinstalled the driver of my keyboard.

Anybody else having this issue? Any suggestions?

:)

Simon97JT, Aug 5, 2018

2. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 5, 2018
  3. keyboard typing problems

Hi Joseph,

The above issue might have occurred due to incompatibility of the keyboard drivers installed with Windows 10 on the computer.

Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall the keyboard drivers by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Uninstall from the context menu to update keyboard drivers.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the driver to be uninstalled.
    • After the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer to reinstall the device drivers and check if the issue is resolved.
    • If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible device drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, install the keyboard drivers in
    Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Install the device drivers manually in
    Compatibility mode.

• Locate and right-click on the device driver setup file downloaded/saved on the computer and select
      Properties from the context menu.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • After the installation is complete, restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows
    • Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article
      Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of keyboard not typing properly in Windows 10 computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Typing problem with Keyboard

keyboard typing problems

HI Joseph,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

As the keyboard is lagging in Windows 10 Operating System, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2: Update the Keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand "Keyboard" from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select "update driver software" and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Typing problem with Keyboard

1. Typing problem with Keyboard - Similar Threads - Typing problem Keyboard

2. Keyboard typing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing problem: Hi there I have a Lenovo legion 5 lop top with windows 11When I press 8 on my keyboard numpad my device type a lot of number after 8 But when I press the 8 on top of the keyboard it work perfect...
  3. Keyboard typing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing problem: Hi there I have a Lenovo legion 5 lop top with windows 11When I press 8 on my keyboard numpad my device type a lot of number after 8 But when I press the 8 on top of the keyboard it work perfect...
  4. Roblox Keyboard and typing problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox Keyboard and typing problem: Hello, the problem consists of my roblox after a while starts to replace everything when I type "A" and also deletes whole words with a single BackSpace pressIm not sure if this is a problem or default configuration but, any way i can disable this would be helpfulWorth noting...
  5. Roblox Keyboard and typing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Keyboard and typing problem: Hello, the problem consists of my roblox after a while starts to replace everything when I type "A" and also deletes whole words with a single BackSpace pressIm not sure if this is a problem or default configuration but, any way i can disable this would be helpfulWorth noting...
  6. Keyboard Problem with typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Problem with typing: Whenever I type the upper part and middle letters or numbers on my keyboard for example whenever I press A it shows 1qa, I don't know how this happened, I think this is a problem with the inside of the keyboard because I think i closed my laptop kind of hard, could anyone...
  7. Keyboard Problem with typing

Keyboard Problem with typing: Whenever I type the upper part and middle letters or numbers on my keyboard for example whenever I press A it shows 1qa, I don't know how this happened, I think this is a problem with the inside of the keyboard because I think i closed my laptop kind of hard, could anyone...
  8. Keyboard typing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing problem: It's not working correctly every function on screen keep jumping when type word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-problem/06122443-2081-44a8-8fb8-cf42669b8109
  9. Keyboard typing problem

Keyboard typing problem: It's not working correctly every function on screen keep jumping when type word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-problem/06122443-2081-44a8-8fb8-cf42669b8109
  10. Keyboard typing problem

in Cortana