Typing Problem:Spaces between letters; language issue?

Discus and support Typing Problem:Spaces between letters; language issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having trouble with typing on Windows 10 version 1709. Text appears as courier font, heavily spaced, and a drop down box usually appears showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silverfox2018, Aug 1, 2018.

1. silverfox2018 Win User

I am having trouble with typing on Windows 10 version 1709. Text appears as courier font, heavily spaced, and a drop down box usually appears showing letter options in other languages (though sometimes the box is blank). At first it was normal when using chrome, but now it happens on all browsers and when typing in the search bar on the desktop. It makes it impossible to search for things or type anything normally.

I have tried changing things in advanced language settings; no boxes are checked on the input methods or anything else. Languages are all set to English, including in Firefox which is where I first noticed the issue. I am not sure what else to check on.

This is a shared computer so I do not know if someone else changed the settings in any way - and I am very unfamiliar with Win10. Any help is appreciated.

Below is an example of what the text looks like. (I am typing this on a different computer).

I am using Windows 10 version 1709. When I type, text appears as a font similar to courier, with lar ...

Typing Problem:Spaces between letters; language issue? [​IMG]

Typing Problem:Spaces between letters; language issue? [​IMG]

:)

silverfox2018, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Typing Problem:Spaces between letters; language issue? - Similar Threads - Typing Problem:Spaces between

2. how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating: AS ABOVE TY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-do-i-get-cortana-to-tell-me-when-typing/de4c0dec-412e-4584-9269-9c535eff94da
  3. WINDOWS 10 August 15 2018 Update Network ISSUE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 August 15 2018 Update Network ISSUE: Hello, My computer auto updated Aug 15 2018 and now my computer has no connection to internet. I used system restore to undo the update as you can see, it came back. I tried applying the update a few times and each time no connection to network. I disabled windows update in...
  4. issue of keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue of keyboard: hi ,,in recent Microsoft update my @ an " keys are swapped .. I need to regain it ..is there any way to do it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/issue-of-keyboard/d30d6d74-4568-4a21-a88a-797efabdd666
  5. KB4343897 & KB4343909 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4343897 & KB4343909 issues: Hello, I am asking this question to see if anyone else has issues with the latest security patches from Microsoft (KB4343897 for Windows 10 1709 and KB4343909 for Windows 10 1803)? These installed overnight on two different computers. Prior to that every game was working...
  6. Album Art and Folder View Issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    Album Art and Folder View Issue...: Very weird issue, where the sub-folder and mp3's show there respective album art, but for some reason the primary folders are not. So I have primary folders for each band and inside is a folder for each album of that band, the mp3's show album art and so do each album...
  7. Windows update caused laptop issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update caused laptop issues!: Running Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop. I left it to do a Windows update and shut down last night. Took 15 minutes to start up this morning and now my desktop icons have no text. No clock in taskbar. No text on or in any file folders. No ability to type into file search box....
  8. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803): I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met...
  9. Moving cursor between two monitors

Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....
  10. VPN issue with KB4343909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN issue with KB4343909: Hello, I usually use MSFT VPN client in my Windows 10 laptop to connect to a Meraki MX 64 as the VPN hub to get access to my resources. Everything has been running smoothly (more or less) till today. No matter how I tried, I never got a VPN connection following the same...