Windows 10: Typos in Win10 EULA and Settings. Is this a dodgy copy???

Discus and support Typos in Win10 EULA and Settings. Is this a dodgy copy??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I bought an ASUS ROG gaming laptop from Best Buy. An open box unit, saving $150. I noticed some typo's in the EULA. Could this be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoffl, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Hoffl Win User

Typos in Win10 EULA and Settings. Is this a dodgy copy???

Hey guys,

I bought an ASUS ROG gaming laptop from Best Buy. An open box unit, saving $150.

I noticed some typo's in the EULA.

Could this be a dodgy copy of WIN10? Maybe someone wrote and installed a modified version? Security breach?

*Tongue

:)

Hoffl, Feb 7, 2018

2. How to change Default Windows Username that is stored within my Microsoft Account

At some point I made a typo while creating my username in WIN10 on my first use of my Microsoft account while setting up a new computer: I wrote "Carlo" instead of "Carlos". The way I chose to fix it was reinstalling the WIN10 OS without internet access,
    and that fixed it. However, after buying a new laptop, as part of the setup procedure, I entered my Microsoft Account and password and it created my new user account in my laptop with the same typo again! Now I've noticed that this happens everytime I setup
    a new computer in my home, or when I reinstall the OS and allow it access to internet, always the same username typo. How do I fix this?

CarlosPatterson1, Feb 7, 2018
  3. HOW do I transfer windows (retail license) after upgrading to Windows 10?

Keep reading it until you get it.

Win10 EULA 4b purposely states nothing in any form about the upgrade path via the 'free Win10 upgrade' offer.

G. Winston Natoli MS MVP, Feb 7, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Feb 7, 2018
  5. Hoffl Win User
    Thank you. Was wanting to do that.

I have an Asus. I don't want their Windows 10 on my machine. I want the clean one from Microsoft.

How do you uninstall the factory OS, and replace it with the 'clean' one from MS?
    Do I have to download it and create an ISO or something like that? Never done it before. Thanks.

Hoffl, Feb 14, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    Download create iso set in the bios to boot dvd delete parition during install let windows create paritions and away you go.
    Before you do that login to current with a MS account so it activates so you wontneed to enter srial when you reinstall just skip it

Samuria, Feb 14, 2018
  7. Winuser Win User
Thema:

1. Typos in Win10 EULA and Settings. Is this a dodgy copy??? - Similar Threads - Typos Win10 EULA

2. Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA: I don't have this version of Windows 11 installed.Just want to view a copy of the EULA in text format if possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-view-a-copy-of-windows-11-22h2-eula/e8719faa-24c2-4a8b-ace6-576da5536cc1
  3. Typo on set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typo on set up: I typed an incorrect email address, one that is not ours, into the set up of a new gaming PC for my son. Now it wants to verify, but it is impossible because we do not have access to that email address.Please help. I cannot find any other option on start-up but this email...
  4. Typo on set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typo on set up: I typed an incorrect email address, one that is not ours, into the set up of a new gaming PC for my son. Now it wants to verify, but it is impossible because we do not have access to that email address.Please help. I cannot find any other option on start-up but this email...
  5. Typo on set up

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. EULA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EULA: I recently updated the Trusteer software recommended as a banking security. Immediately after the update my pc literally stopped working. I couldn't shut down the browser I was in, clicked on task manager nothing, tried to restore email window which was minimized, no go....
  7. Win10 copying

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 copying: when I went to bed, the copy was 0%. When I got up, it was not there. The browser windows were also not there. I tried to look thru "computer management" > task viewer, but could not see anything related to copying. I am running Win10 ver 1909. - - - Updated - - - The copy...
  8. eula

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    eula: question regarding eula. and product key. I have software requiring the use of a virtual machine (specifically VMware player ) can I use my exsisting OS win 10pro64 and its product key in a virtual machine as well as my physical pc at the same time or does this violate...
  9. Another dodgy email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another dodgy email: I have more emails saying they are from PayPal, starting "Dear member" saying that my account has been compromised and will be suspended unless I click on a link. Of course, I left the link well alone. I have forwarded the email to PayPal security but have had no reply yet....
  10. Red typo lines when no typos

in Windows 10 Support
    Red typo lines when no typos: Hello everyone, I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or responding to forums. It seems to occur when there is an actually typo and I correct the error. After that the entire post/email...