Windows 10: uac and administrator permission

Discus and support uac and administrator permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Cannot get past UAC telling me I need. administrator permission. Getting into built-in admin has not worked. Everything I try that "wants/ needs to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CleverDjeida, Apr 9, 2016.

1. uac and administrator permission

Cannot get past UAC telling me I need. administrator permission.

Getting into built-in admin has not worked. Everything I try that "wants/ needs to make changes on this system" I get this same message (needs permission)

Really pulling my hair out.

:)

CleverDjeida, Apr 9, 2016

2. UAC Prompt YES Button gone

Hey I had a Administrator account on my pc and tryd to remove it with

I did this command in CMD with UAC permissions and it worked,

I succesfully removed the account.

The problem is when I try to run a file as UAC there will be a popup like normal but there is only a NO button and not a YES button...

Its not greyed out its just gone...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me fix this problem because I need UAC really bad and I cant use

net user administrator /active:yes

Because that command needs UAC permissions :/

- Luseres /

PerziosCraft, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Microsoft solitaire collection.

Hello, What happens when you try to open PowerShell as administrator? Do you see UAC permissions prompt?

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 9, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

uac and administrator permission

You're going to need to be more specific. What did you do? What are the exact problems? Give examples.

Mystere, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Basically I cannot make any changes or down load because need Administrator Password.

1. Turn PC on it goes to black screen with person silhouette that informs password and pin are incorrect, try again? OK
    not done nothing yet or "I can leave alone and it goes to "Lock Screen" I touch, enter pin, goes to desktop."
    2. As to first part of above I will continue by Pressing OK and enter password and next screen says enter pin-I do and goes straight to desktop. On that page also shows another account ( a photo) plus silhouette account under it.
    3. On Settings the my account and it goes to account with photo and user-name **** picture and where I can manage my Microsoft account or switch to a local account.
    4. Same page at bottom right shows Microsoft account that I can manage. Logo with my address .
    5. If I want to manage I have to sign-out first.
    6. I'll stop for now.
    7 Confused yet?

CleverDjeida, Apr 14, 2016
  6. Maybe you could try to create a new local admin account while in safemode as the built in admin, making it local should get around issues with wanting to sync to verify credentials and making that admin account while in safemode as the built-in administrator should allow the admin account to be created since you would probably be blocked from making an admin account while logged into a standard account.

Doing such should be vastly different from using the hidden/system level admin user since that account has its own reduced access to everything else since its for background system needs and group policy things. Once you have the local/non-microsoft account admin user, i suggest backing up what information you want from your original account before deleting it and possibly starting over if you'd like to use a non-admin account for everyday use.

Good luck.

SpatialAnomaly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

uac and administrator permission

1. uac and administrator permission - Similar Threads - uac administrator permission

2. Windows Permissions and UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Permissions and UAC: Hello, I'm using Windows again after a long time using Linux. I've been told that apparently Linux is "more secure" because of the requirement of a root password to gain elevated privileges. I wanted to understand does Windows not have this in place? I know that by default,...
  3. Windows Permissions and UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Permissions and UAC: Hello, I'm using Windows again after a long time using Linux. I've been told that apparently Linux is "more secure" because of the requirement of a root password to gain elevated privileges. I wanted to understand does Windows not have this in place? I know that by default,...
  4. Administrator permissions

Administrator permissions: Many functions with Windows 11 it states "you need administrator permission" to perform. I'm the sole administrator and appear to have all the permission I need. It's and extra step I don't need...
  5. Administrator Permissions

Administrator Permissions: I have bought a new laptop and am using my backup drive WD My Passport to transfer the files over to the new laptop. Windows won't let me use the files need administrator permission even though I am the only user of this laptop and my user name has Administrator rights. How...
  6. administrator permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrator permission: i am the administrator and im being block by "an administrator " does Microsoft have a fix for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission/2c95c5cc-b20a-4521-a5f5-5970a8b512f4
  7. UAC / Built-in administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC / Built-in administrator: Hi, (1) when I try to uninstall a program using control panel, UAC show 'to continue, enter an admin user name and password'. Where can I input the user name and password? (2) My login account is user. It seems that there is no active account with administrative privileges....
  8. Administrator Permission...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Permission...: Why do I need administrator permission if I'm the administrator? Tried to move some files and I needed to get administrator permission. Is there a way to make it so this no longer pops up? It's annoying and senseless. I've searched the internet and there is not info about...
  9. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Permissions: I own HP PROBBOK 440 G4 running windows 10. My issue is that sometimes while deleting any folder from my (generally video folders) it says you need to need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder and when i press continue new dialog box pop up says you...
  10. Problem with UAC; Permissions

Problem with UAC; Permissions: Hello. I have big problem with permissions on my account with Admins permissions. I need help. So, I can't install programs and open programs that need Administrator permissions, because UAC window (like this:) [img] Appear only for 0,5 secs, disappear and then...