Windows 10: UAC dead click problems

Discus and support UAC dead click problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Firstly hello! I'm new here and am having a torrid time after 'upgrading' to Win 10 The first thing that happened was that I couldn't open any... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rosstheboss, Oct 3, 2015.

1. UAC dead click problems

Firstly hello! I'm new here and am having a torrid time after 'upgrading' to Win 10

The first thing that happened was that I couldn't open any photos - I got the 'this app can't be opened with UAC disabled'. Then I couldn't open things like calculator with the same message, so I did a little digging about changing the UAC (sliding the bar up and down) and it won't let me! If I search for user account control in the search bar it lets me search for it but is a dead click - nothing happens!!! I am allegedly the administrator on this laptop but apparently can't really do anything! Please help! Thanks in advance, Ross

:)

rosstheboss, Oct 3, 2015
  2. holgi-t Win User

Windows 10 UAC problem

But the problem is, if prompted by UAC, we CANNOT Click Yes, because the Yes button is grayed out. So no avail

holgi-t, Oct 3, 2015
  3. UAC and applications windows 10 /context menu problem

Hello

i upgrade again and i have the same problem as before

when i right click and than click on properties under contextual menu nothing happened

no informations of file or folder or application !

----------

after that i found solution : disable UAC but i got new problem

i can't open store or any application !

so please how i can solve that ?

the situation is very clear

the problem is in UAC itself

seghier khaled, Oct 3, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

UAC dead click problems

Enable the UAC but set it to not to bother you.

Gary, Oct 4, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply Gary, I think maybe I didn't explain myself very well - I can't enable, disable or adjust the UAC settings at all. It's very frustrating!

rosstheboss, Oct 4, 2015
  6. Run CMD as admin and enter the following, then restart:

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableLUA" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

TairikuOkami, Oct 4, 2015
  7. TairikuOkami! You appear to have sorted the problem! Thank you very much!!!

rosstheboss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UAC dead click problems

1. UAC dead click problems - Similar Threads - UAC dead click

2. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  3. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  4. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. click "dead zone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    click "dead zone": So whenever I click on the middle of the screen the program I use clicks out and it is getting very annoying. I have to minimize the screen and drag it to an area where it responds.* Any suggestions would be a great help.Device specs: Version: Windows 11 Home, v.22H1. Dell...
  6. click "dead zone"

click "dead zone": So whenever I click on the middle of the screen the program I use clicks out and it is getting very annoying. I have to minimize the screen and drag it to an area where it responds.* Any suggestions would be a great help.Device specs: Version: Windows 11 Home, v.22H1. Dell...
  7. UAC problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC problems: I have UAC problems. I want to turn it off but I need admin rights. So I switched user to admin, turned it off, and log on on my account but there it isnt. When I want to turn it off from that acc, I cant cuz I need admin right. What is going on? 15917
  8. Strange UAC Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange UAC Problem: We have an Asus T100 netbook with Windows 10 and three user accounts. Let's call them WifeAdmin, Wife and Husband. I log onto the computer as WifeAdmin and if I try to do anything that requires administrator privileges I get a popup that asks for the password for Husband....
  9. UAC Problems.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Problems.: Bree !.. Thanks from me ( 'the struggler ') also. I've updated Windows and look forward to my next effort !. Alan .
  10. Problem with UAC; Permissions

Problem with UAC; Permissions: Hello. I have big problem with permissions on my account with Admins permissions. I need help. So, I can't install programs and open programs that need Administrator permissions, because UAC window (like this:) [img] Appear only for 0,5 secs, disappear and then...