Windows 10: UAC icon shield admin

Discus and support UAC icon shield admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The number of name in reg is 29 but what is the number of the icon shield admin??, is for change it, thanks. 27551 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XzDres, Oct 23, 2015.

1. XzDres Win User

UAC icon shield admin

The number of name in reg is 29 but what is the number of the icon shield admin??, is for change it, thanks.

:)

XzDres, Oct 23, 2015

2. UAC shield on some icons and Chrome Icon will not open Windows 10

Hello

Since upgrading to W10, I have noticed that, even though I'm logged on as Admin and UAC is turned off, there are still some icons with the UAC shield overlain on them. Is there a way of removing them? The program icon in the Programs folder has the shield
    too so I can't simply replace the icon.

Also, my Chrome icon is the only icon that refuses to open on a double click. Even though it is set to run as Admin I still have to right click and choose Run as Admin. Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

sharand6696, Oct 23, 2015
  3. MKE Drake Win User
    UAC Shield

How do I remove the UAC Shield from my Icons, while still keeping Administrator Privileges? I know what the Blue and Gold Shield represents. I know how to remove it from a shortcut if I remove the Administrator Privileges. I want to keep Privileges active
    but remove the Shield. Is this possible? Do I need to remove or disable UAC to accomplish this?

MKE Drake, Oct 23, 2015
  4. shimshom Win User

UAC icon shield admin

Hi XzDres and welcome to 10 forums. The UAC icon shield number is 78 but I'm not sure if you can eliminate it in the same way as the shortcut arrow but worth a try and if not successful try the tutorial below

Clear uac icon overlays on windows 8 icons

shimshom, Oct 26, 2015
  5. XzDres Win User
    What is the number of string in reg for uac shield icon??, thanks

XzDres, Nov 29, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    As far as I know right now, their is no way to remove that. We can remove the short-cut arrows, but not that shield icon.

OldMike65, Nov 29, 2015
  7. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UAC icon shield admin

1. UAC icon shield admin - Similar Threads - UAC icon shield

2. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  3. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  4. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON: Searched Google, then due to the lock ofhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-uac-shield-icon-overlay/8490d128-6831-4b5a-a6db-7f289c6af435So i create a new discussion:There is a REG key in...
  6. Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON: Searched Google, then due to the lock ofhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-uac-shield-icon-overlay/8490d128-6831-4b5a-a6db-7f289c6af435So i create a new discussion:There is a REG key in...
  7. Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield: Just to let you know, my computer is unable to run some apps by double-clicking so I have to right-click on it and have it "Run with graphics processor".But I can only do this with apps that don't have the UAC shield on them.When I tried to run it with a graphics processor,...
  8. Apps with UAC Shield Can't Run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps with UAC Shield Can't Run: Just to let you know, my computer is unable to run some apps by double-clicking so I have to right-click on it and have it "Run with graphics processor".But I can only do this with apps that don't have the UAC shield on them.When I tried to run it with a graphics processor,...
  9. Shield icons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shield icons: I have new shield icons superimposed on my shortcut icons. Clicking on shortcut icon gives me a box asking to allow Google to make changes to hard drive. Answering no sends me back to desktop display. Answering yes opens web site of that icon and everything works normally...
  10. Anyone figure out how to get rid of that UAC Shield icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anyone figure out how to get rid of that UAC Shield icon?: Has anyone figured out how to get rid of that annoying UAC shield icon Windows 10 likes to randomly put on shortcuts? I know I could shut UAC off but the second I do stuff like personalize starts throwing a built-in admin error, and such. There has to be a way somehow. 30318

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac shield icon bat