Windows 10: UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it?

Discus and support UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 UAC icon appears on Skype and other icons on Desktop. Prevents all from opening. What action should I take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnWolfeRT, Aug 21, 2018.

1. UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it?

Windows 10 UAC icon appears on Skype and other icons on Desktop. Prevents all from opening. What action should I take

:)

JohnWolfeRT, Aug 21, 2018
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it? 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 21, 2018
  4. UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it?

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it?

1. UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - UAC stopping Skype

2. How do i fix the UAC missing an Yes button?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i fix the UAC missing an Yes button?: Hi all!I am unable to fix this issue. I have tried everything, although my PC is in legacy mode which means I don't have the option to restart it to select the option advanced setting under trouble shoot as i do not have it. I have one account I deleted the rest of the...
  3. How do i fix the UAC missing an Yes button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the UAC missing an Yes button?: Hi all!I am unable to fix this issue. I have tried everything, although my PC is in legacy mode which means I don't have the option to restart it to select the option advanced setting under trouble shoot as i do not have it. I have one account I deleted the rest of the...
  4. How do i fix the UAC missing an Yes button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP Smart UAC pops up by itself. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Smart UAC pops up by itself. How do I stop this?: So I use a HP EliteDesk 800 MiniPC. But the most annoying part about it? The HP Smart UAC pops up by itself. I don't know why this happened, but this happens all the time while I was working. I find this really annoying to me. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance!...
  6. HP Smart UAC pops up by itself. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Smart UAC pops up by itself. How do I stop this?: So I use a HP EliteDesk 800 MiniPC. But the most annoying part about it? The HP Smart UAC pops up by itself. I don't know why this happened, but this happens all the time while I was working. I find this really annoying to me. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance!...
  7. HP Smart UAC pops up by itself. How do I stop this?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Stop Code. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Code. How do I fix this?: My computer will not accept my password and after trying to resolve the issue with shift key and restart, none of the options provided work. I do however get a Stop Code: DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS what failed: rtwlanu.sys...
  9. How do I disable UAC ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable UAC ?: How do I disable UAC ? * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: UAC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-uac/d200dab1-dd8d-4019-afd7-9ad8524d02e3"
  10. UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it?: UAC is stopping Skype, how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/uac-is-stopping-skype-how-do-i-fix-it/fc7ef1ff-8424-4f65-8902-29aa4768bc36"