Windows 10: UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work

Discus and support UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have to turn off the UAC because of a old software package we use but this stops us being able to use the store and edge due to the cannot be used... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by matrodwell, Nov 15, 2015.

1. UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work

We have to turn off the UAC because of a old software package we use but this stops us being able to use the store and edge due to the cannot be used on the built in admin account. Anyone know a way around this. Or a better way of doing this

Also as our group policy are not updated yet could anyone think of why the recent application in the start menu has disappeared

thanks

:)

matrodwell, Nov 15, 2015

2. User account control problems windows 10

I have a program that only works with UAC disabled, but Microsoft Edge won't work with AUC disabled?

Shawntavius, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Thomas869 Win User
    User account control problems windows 10

I just upgraded to windows 10 from 7. One of my programs "TAS basics" an accounting program stopped working giving the error message that the file C:\ProgramData\TAS\Basics\tasbasic.sda is missing or corrupt.

Turning off User account control( I had to do this trough the registry turning it off trough settings had no effect) solves the problem and the program works perfectly. However now Microsoft edge gives the message that it cant run with UAC turned off.

Does anyone know how I can get my program to work without disabling UAC or how to run edge with UAC disabled?

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas869, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work

1. UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work - Similar Threads - UAC Off needs

2. UAC will not turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC will not turn off: I want to use colemak. I try to download AutoHotKey to do so, and UAC stops me. I go to control panel and go to UAC settings, but UAC stops me from editing UAC settings. I need help before I flip my table....
  3. Edge not printing when UAC is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge not printing when UAC is turned off.: Whenever I click the "print" option in Edge (non-Chromium), the dialog box never comes up. This is with UAC turned off; when it's on, the box comes up fine. I'm an IT manager at an organization and our PCs are on Windows 10 Enterprise 2004. I'm stumped on what could be...
  4. Turning off UAC for good

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off UAC for good: Long story short. I am a fire alarm tech. I use different softwares but one cannot open if UAC is on amy setting but Never Notify Me when: and IT is no help as HQ wants it but HQ don't understand it hinders our productivity. Is there a way to keep it at NEVER whenever I use...
  5. microsoft store,edge not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft store,edge not working: Though I'm connected to internet why microsoft edge,store showing me that I'm not connceted to internet...but at same time i can use any other browser...this is senseless and so irritating...and I want to know the **** reason....
  6. UAC won't switch off Drag/Shift open folders problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC won't switch off Drag/Shift open folders problem: 1. Despite having UAC control at zero, and disabling "Run all administrators in Admin approval" under Administrative tools > Local Security Policy, changing the appropriate registry entry ... UAC still shows pop ups if I rename a 3rd party app, or run the app. 2. When...
  7. Edge and Store not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Store not working: Both apps are not working after the upgrade. I've read of others having the same problems and I have even tried some of the suggested fixes. They are still not working. 10089
  8. Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close: I've been having this problem since I upgraded to the creator's update. Sometimes everything works perfectly, but most of the time I have these issues: Edge won't connect to internet or load anything I can't close tabs in Edge The "Close all tabs" option in edge doesn't...
  9. Settings App & UAC Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App & UAC Off: What's the deal with the Settings App not launching with UAC off? Is there a way around this? 7286
  10. UAC by-pass programs won't work on 1 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    UAC by-pass programs won't work on 1 laptop: I have a Dell XPS13 laptop that won't allow UAC bypass programs like UACPASS and WINAERO Elevated Shortcut to work. Both program run fine on a desktop and another laptop. Both programs will open on all computers. I am admin on all computers. UAC is set the same on all...