Windows 10: UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray.

Discus and support UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an unusual problem where the background of the User Account Control prompt has an image instead of just being a solid color. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by honestapelincoln, Jul 7, 2018.

1. UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray.

Hello,

I'm having an unusual problem where the background of the User Account Control prompt has an image instead of just being a solid color. I can't for the life of me figure out how it even happened in the first place. To make matters worse, it's a private image that's showing up, so would be embarrassing if someone else saw. I tried deleting the picture but it still shows up somehow. Unplugging the external hard drive (where the image lives) seemed to fix the problem, but it's a pain to have to unplug it all the time. Going into UAC settings and choosing the "notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)" also works, but creates a security risk. I searched google every which way and couldn't find an answer. Anyways.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz

Nvidia GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB

:)

honestapelincoln, Jul 7, 2018

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Meaning of the various colors used in UAC prompts.

We suggest you to check on this link for more information
    with UAC controls.

The following are examples of prompt coding:

• The application blocked by Group Policy or blocked from a publisher.

UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray. c251659c-ed29-4929-89b9-15d5d55771bd.jpg

• An Administrative application like Control Panel that is asking to allow to run on your computer.

UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray. ca7105ce-1955-419e-b76c-606c70d1b0cf.jpg

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray.

UAC prompt really frustrating problem.

Hi Mitch,

For us to isolate what is causing the UAC issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the UAC prompt?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray.

1. UAC prompt has a background image instead of just being gray. - Similar Threads - UAC prompt has

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. Rundll32 UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rundll32 UAC prompts: I know this issue kinda persistent through ages and windows versions. But has anybody ever found a fix for it apart from repair install? First I had this issue when I want to open my audio devices/sound controls (first on win7 but after a while I got it on win10 too) , now I...
  5. UAC Prompt Requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC Prompt Requirement: Recently, whenever I try and run something on my computer that need Admin Permission, I get prompted with a UAC pin requirement, is there any way I might get rid of this? My Dad has put the password on my Laptop and I am unsure as of how to bypass it. I just need help...
  6. UAC prompt - .bat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC prompt - .bat: Windowsversion: 1903 Hey guys I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed. Think is, I have a file that I would like to run, but don't want to type in my administrator each time. I'd like right click on the file, and then be able to click on a...
  7. UAC Elevation prompts?

UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  8. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  9. uac prompt background image has been changed and i want to reset it

uac prompt background image has been changed and i want to reset it: uac prompt background image has been changed and i want to reset it ,and i tryed the a "Repair Upgrade",but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-prompt-background-image-has-been-changed-and-i/651fa988-229d-4790-b8ae-a9486b2515be"
  10. UAC prompt question

UAC prompt question: Found it - The dimming of your desktop is referred to as the secure desktop because other programs can't run while it's dimmed. User Account Control - MDSN Denis

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac has been replaced