Windows 10: UAC reverting on Dell laptops fresh install of Win10

Discus and support UAC reverting on Dell laptops fresh install of Win10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop that I'm attempting to change the UAC settings on. I have logged in as both a machine admin and a domain admin, changed the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ssgaustin, Sep 16, 2015.

1. ssgaustin Win User

UAC reverting on Dell laptops fresh install of Win10

I have a dell laptop that I'm attempting to change the UAC settings on. I have logged in as both a machine admin and a domain admin, changed the setting for UAC to notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer. Then did a reboot. The settings held fine for 24 hours, but the next morning when the user logs back in, the UAC settings go back to their previous settings. Is this a known issue or has anyone else seen this? In my windows 7 or 8.1 systems I don't see this happening, it appears to only happen on my handful of win10 laptops.

:)

ssgaustin, Sep 16, 2015

2. Networking between laptop and desktop on same network both under Windows 10

We have 6 computers on our PERSONAL HOME network (NOT HomeGroup as we have mutiple versions of Windows - on purpose). Prior to WIN10, we were able to open files and share access.

I have WIN10 on my Dell Laptop and we just installed WIN10 on our desktop. Once we updated the desktop we have the following scenario:

WIN10 Desktop CAN access my WIN10 DELL Laptop

WIN10 Desktop CAN access our Vista Dell Laptop

WIN10 DELL Laptop CAN acccess our Vista Dell Laptop

WIN10 DELL Laptop CANNOT access our WIN10 Desktop

Cannot find any help on this but need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Any suggestions?

shark13diver, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Rollback to Windows 7 not available after upgrade to Win 10

Sounds like I have to revert back to windows 7 and do a fresh installation. My laptop had pre-installed windows 7 home premium 64 bit edition. It is a DELL laptop bought in year 2011 from UK. I am currently in Germany and not able to get help from DELL.
    Can you please help me with a direct download link for windows 7, so that I can install it using my key and then try installing windows 10 as explained by you in the last response.

Regards

Vikash

VikashSanwaria, Sep 16, 2015
  4. UAC reverting on Dell laptops fresh install of Win10

So your machines are joined to a domain?

Checked Group Policy?

garydexter, Sep 17, 2015
  5. ssgaustin Win User
    Yes I've checked group policy. The Win10 machines are the only ones with this particular issue and it's not all but only 2 so far. These laptops go offsite and come back into the domain.

ssgaustin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UAC reverting on Dell laptops fresh install of Win10

1. UAC reverting on Dell laptops fresh install of Win10 - Similar Threads - UAC reverting Dell

2. Laptop network card not showing after Win10 fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop network card not showing after Win10 fresh install: So I just got a new Dell XPS 15. It came loaded with Windows 11 and I was looking to downgrade to Windows 10. I made installation media and installed it normally but in the network setup nothing showed up. No problem I thought, I'll just set up without internet for now and...
  3. Laptop network card not showing after Win10 fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop network card not showing after Win10 fresh install: So I just got a new Dell XPS 15. It came loaded with Windows 11 and I was looking to downgrade to Windows 10. I made installation media and installed it normally but in the network setup nothing showed up. No problem I thought, I'll just set up without internet for now and...
  4. Laptop network card not showing after Win10 fresh install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. HP Laptop with fresh clean install of Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop with fresh clean install of Win10 Home: I had to do a fresh full install of Win 10 Home 64bit on my HP Laptop Pavilion X360 The install went well and everything is working and now have Win10 Build 19042.928 The only issues are I have a bunch of devices without any drivers. Unable to tell what they are for. Can you...
  6. Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing: Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date drivers, and one game, and started experiencing occasional freezes. I thought the machine had locked up and that perhaps I had...
  7. Fresh win10 install on sshd

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh win10 install on sshd: I had to do my build over as I was having issue with my firecuda sshd booting or even accepting win 10 after cleaning and formatting and redownloading I reinstalled from usb to the ssd win 10 os this time I got a miracle and with the ssd being the only thing in my bios that...
  8. Fresh Win10 install on Thinkstation S20

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Win10 install on Thinkstation S20: Hi. I decided to do a fresh install of windows 10, however when it first boots into windows none of the usb ports work (I'm thinking it's a driver issue). What are my options here? I cannot continue setup without any keyboard or mouse interaction. 145674
  9. Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home: Hello, Just got a new Lenovo laptop with Win-10 Home to replace my older Win-7Pro laptop. This laptop has a whole bunch of junk software that Lenovo has installed. I was wondering what the best way is: - backup the system so in case I need to, I can reset to...
  10. Reverting to Windows 7 for Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverting to Windows 7 for Dell Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E6520 which came with Win 7 Pro OA installed. I upgraded to Windows 10 when prompted to do so by the Windows pop-up last Autumn. It worked pretty well for a while but there are ongoing issues with sound and with iTunes and I need these for my work...