Windows 10: UAC Settings & Administrative Messages

Discus and support UAC Settings & Administrative Messages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Ever since the new windows 10 update, I have not been able to access the message that pop ups and allows you to grant access in saying yes or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TwoBurntToast, Sep 4, 2018.

1. UAC Settings & Administrative Messages

Hi,

Ever since the new windows 10 update, I have not been able to access the message that pop ups and allows you to grant access in saying yes or no.

I have tried changing my UAC to never notify but still requires me to grant access as an administrative. The screen pops up but the message never pops up and my cursor keeps showing the loading thing and then stops. I've also tried using command prompt as an administrator but it still requires me to grant access as an administrator.

I have no idea why this is happening and I can't do anything about it

:)

TwoBurntToast, Sep 4, 2018

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 4, 2018
  3. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Sep 4, 2018
  4. UAC Settings & Administrative Messages

UAC not allowing software activation

Hello Lourenco,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to check if the User Account you are logged in is the Administrator account or not. Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz to open the
      Advanced User Accounts Control Panel which lists all the users accounts created on a computer.
    However, if you are the administrator, I would suggest you to disable the User Account Control. Follow the below steps and check with the results.

• Type in UAC in the Search Bar and select Change User Account Control Settings.
    • Under User Account Control settings, drag the slider down to Don't notify me when I make changes to the Windows settings.
    • Reboot your computer before the changes take effect.
    UAC Turn Off Disclaimer:

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We
    don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Additionally, I would also suggest you to enable the
    built in administrator account and check if it helps you through the process of the
    Power DVD product activation.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information feel free to write to us and we woud be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

UAC Settings & Administrative Messages

1. UAC Settings & Administrative Messages - Similar Threads - UAC Settings Administrative

2. can't change UAC settings, you must be logged on as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change UAC settings, you must be logged on as administrator: I have a windows 10 machine on our domain. The user is a domain user with regular user permissions on this computer. I need to turn off UAC for her account. With her account logged on, I open UAC, it prompts for admin username and password, I enter my admin username and...
  3. can't change UAC settings, you must be logged on as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't change UAC settings, you must be logged on as administrator: I have a windows 10 machine on our domain. The user is a domain user with regular user permissions on this computer. I need to turn off UAC for her account. With her account logged on, I open UAC, it prompts for admin username and password, I enter my admin username and...
  4. can't change UAC settings, you must be logged on as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Administrive Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrive Messages: I have always tried to find a way to get rid of this message but all of them involve resetting Edge, and I have a lot of stuff saved plus my preferences. I would love to know if anyone has any opinions on how to get rid of it without deleting everything on Edge....
  6. Using UAC and Administrator vs. Standard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using UAC and Administrator vs. Standard: Hi, Assuming using Windows 101909 and that UAC is enabled to highest level meaning always notify, what benefits are there if I additionally use the system as a standard user? From what I understand, the only difference is that instead of just clicking "yes" on the dialog,...
  7. Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator"

Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator": Split from this thread. I can not get access in it even if I don't have any third party antivirus app in my laptop. now what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-message-this-setting-is-managed/93acfe54-8c0c-452d-888b-ac5ca00970a6
  8. how to set Administrative Message in win 10

how to set Administrative Message in win 10: How to set "Administrative Message" in windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-administrative-message-in-win-10/ef0688b5-b410-4a6b-a5ff-5497d379a406
  9. UAC / Built-in administrator

UAC / Built-in administrator: Hi, (1) when I try to uninstall a program using control panel, UAC show 'to continue, enter an admin user name and password'. Where can I input the user name and password? (2) My login account is user. It seems that there is no active account with administrative privileges....
  10. uac and administrator permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    uac and administrator permission: Cannot get past UAC telling me I need. administrator permission. Getting into built-in admin has not worked. Everything I try that "wants/ needs to make changes on this system" I get this same message (needs permission) Really pulling my hair out. 46794