Windows 10: UAC virtualization

Discus and support UAC virtualization in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; In the task manager, details tab, there two internet explorer.exe. One version, PID 2204 when left clicked shows UAC virtualization checked. the other,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by logman, Jul 29, 2016.

1. logman Win User

UAC virtualization

In the task manager, details tab, there two internet explorer.exe. One version, PID 2204 when left clicked shows UAC virtualization checked. the other, internet explorer.exe, PID 5660 is not checked. Questions:
    1: What is UAC virtualization ?
    2: Should it be checked ?
    3: what does the PID heading mean in the Task Mgr. details ?......

:)

logman, Jul 29, 2016

2. UAC virtualization of regedit

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

We understand that you have posted the query in TechNet forums and it seems that EckiS has given a solution to your query on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:27 PM.

Please let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thank you.

Have a great day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jul 29, 2016
  3. UAC virtualization of regedit

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

For further assistance in this regards, I suggest you to please get in touch with our
    TechNet team through below link to resolve the issue:

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Our TechNet team will assist you better in this regard.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

UAC virtualization

Mystere, Jul 29, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    The PID is just number used to identify a process assigned when it is created. The value of the number is of no consequence and will be different on other computers and sessions on the same computer.

LMiller7, Jul 29, 2016
  6. logman Win User
    Got it ! Thanks....

logman, Aug 4, 2016
  7. logman Win User
    logman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UAC virtualization

1. UAC virtualization - Similar Threads - UAC virtualization

2. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...
  3. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...
  4. UAC User Account Control slow or timing out

UAC User Account Control slow or timing out: HiA couple of months ago, I started seeing pc's where the UAC kept dimming the screen for minutes after entering admin credentials and before starting the program/installation I wanted to start as an admin. Now I start seeing it on nearly every device I touch. It's even often...
  5. The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...: I have not tried to correct the issue yet. I am looking to see has anyone experienced this issue. I would like to gather information on how to resolve the problem....
  6. The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...

The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...: I have not tried to correct the issue yet. I am looking to see has anyone experienced this issue. I would like to gather information on how to resolve the problem....
  7. The UAC File Virtualization service failed to start due to the following error: This...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...

How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...: Whenever I run an untrusted program in Windows 11 the UAC pops up a dialog box in a window on a virtual desktop screen not my desktop with all the apps open and asks if I want this program to make changes to this device. Is there any way I can have this dialog window open on...
  9. How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...: Whenever I run an untrusted program in Windows 11 the UAC pops up a dialog box in a window on a virtual desktop screen not my desktop with all the apps open and asks if I want this program to make changes to this device. Is there any way I can have this dialog window open on...
  10. MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational

in Windows 10 Support
    MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational: I was browsing through my event viewer today and I came across this event. I've looked around for an answer, and while I did find some information, it really only confused me more. If anyone can tell me what this is (I'm just a newb) I would really appreciate it. Also, I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac virtualization windows 10

2. what is uac virtualization windows 10

3. windows 10 uac virtualization

4. uac virtualization windows 10 task manager,
  5. help with user account control VIRTUALIZATION windows 10,
  6. uac virtualization disabled on windows 10,
  7. what is UAC virtualization,
  8. uac virtualization what is it