Windows 10: Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

Discus and support Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZJ88, Oct 20, 2015.

1. ZJ88 Win User

Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus on. However, after deleting partitions and fixing my MBR to only boot windows my UEFI BIOS still has instances of Ubuntu as a boot option. Just for the sake of cleaning my system I was hoping someone could help with this.

My Motherboard is an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 with a UEFI BIOS. I'll provide screenshots of what's happening below. (Images were flipped upon upload for some reason)

As you can see there are two ubuntu options for some reason.
    I tried to see if BCDedit would allow me to delete these but they didn't show up in BCDedit
    I'm not sure where else to look to delete these options in my BIOS.

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

2. Dual boot options- Ubuntu and Windows 10

Original Title[Dual Boot]

I have updated from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 quite recently, now I want to dual boot my laptop Dell Inspiron 3542, with Ubuntu. But the thing I heard all over the Internet is about the UEFI and Legacy Boot modes and mine is in UEFi mode. In the boot options
    there is an option to change boot mode from UEFi to Legacy BIOS. Is it safe to do so. Doing so, does it help to dual boot with Ubuntu?

My boot mode is set to: UEFI with Legacy OPROM.

Sundar kumar Akella, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

1. Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Boot option

2. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  3. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  4. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dual Boot Ubuntu

Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  6. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  7. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  8. Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI

Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI: Hello World I install W10 & ubuntu in dual boot on my new computer. I want to use Windows boot loader instead of GRUB. It is in UEFI so I can not use easy BCD, and I have to use easy UEFI. But I am completely lost I can not find clear info. This is the objective: [ATTACH]...
  9. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  10. Bios set to boot from cd but still booting into ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios set to boot from cd but still booting into ubuntu: I want to reinstall windows 10 . To do this I set the bios to boot from CD. inserted win 10 disk then powered off and back on again but the pc continues to boot into the Ubuntu dual boot grub menu. Please help. 92904