Windows 10: Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

Discus and support Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZJ88, Oct 20, 2015.

1. ZJ88 Win User

Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus on. However, after deleting partitions and fixing my MBR to only boot windows my UEFI BIOS still has instances of Ubuntu as a boot option. Just for the sake of cleaning my system I was hoping someone could help with this.

My Motherboard is an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 with a UEFI BIOS. I'll provide screenshots of what's happening below. (Images were flipped upon upload for some reason)

As you can see there are two ubuntu options for some reason.
    I tried to see if BCDedit would allow me to delete these but they didn't show up in BCDedit
    I'm not sure where else to look to delete these options in my BIOS.

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

2. Dual boot options- Ubuntu and Windows 10

Original Title[Dual Boot]

I have updated from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 quite recently, now I want to dual boot my laptop Dell Inspiron 3542, with Ubuntu. But the thing I heard all over the Internet is about the UEFI and Legacy Boot modes and mine is in UEFi mode. In the boot options
    there is an option to change boot mode from UEFi to Legacy BIOS. Is it safe to do so. Doing so, does it help to dual boot with Ubuntu?

My boot mode is set to: UEFI with Legacy OPROM.

Sundar kumar Akella, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

1. Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Boot option

2. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot: Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting a screen like this.[IMG]I also tried using grub command but it didn't work!! ***Original title: Dual boot***...
  3. Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI: Hello World I install W10 & ubuntu in dual boot on my new computer. I want to use Windows boot loader instead of GRUB. It is in UEFI so I can not use easy BCD, and I have to use easy UEFI. But I am completely lost I can not find clear info. This is the objective: [ATTACH]...
  4. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...
  5. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  6. Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu

Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu: Hi guys, I have Alienware 17 R3. I have dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04. Now when I select windows in grub menu, the generic windows 10 animation shows up with 1024x768 resolution. Is there a way to restore my Alienware boot animation? Thank you. 69227
  7. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  8. Remove dual boot - Ubuntu

Remove dual boot - Ubuntu: Hi, I am running Widows 10 on a UEFI/EFI/GPT system. I'd like to try and install a Linux OS on another partition. Installing is not a problem my question relates to if I decide to remove Ubuntu, how will I repair my Window's bootloader? I've been doing a lot of reading on...
  9. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...
  10. Bios set to boot from cd but still booting into ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios set to boot from cd but still booting into ubuntu: I want to reinstall windows 10 . To do this I set the bios to boot from CD. inserted win 10 disk then powered off and back on again but the pc continues to boot into the Ubuntu dual boot grub menu. Please help. 92904