Windows 10: Ubuntu Large Taskbar Button Icon Broken on Windows 10 update 1803

Discus and support Ubuntu Large Taskbar Button Icon Broken on Windows 10 update 1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To All, This morning, when I booted my PC, the Ubuntu large taskbar button icon became broken. I am running Windows 10 update 1803. Instead of showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srhaymes, May 24, 2018.

1. srhaymes Win User

Ubuntu Large Taskbar Button Icon Broken on Windows 10 update 1803

To All,

This morning, when I booted my PC, the Ubuntu large taskbar button icon became broken. I am running Windows 10 update 1803. Instead of showing the former nice orange and white icon, it shows an ugly looking, corrupted icon. When I turn on "Use small taskbar buttons" the icon looks nice again. I do not use the small taskbar buttons. Unpinning and then re-pinning Ubuntu does not work. I have tried this a few times. Rebooting does not work. I have tried this a few times too. Other large taskbar button icons look OK. When new start menu programs are pinned to the taskbar, their large button icons look OK. How to I fix this problem?

Thank you

:)

srhaymes, May 24, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 24, 2018
  3. Taskbar changes height when toolbars have icons set to "Large"

There has been an issue with the Windows taskbar which drives me crazy. It has been a problem since Windows XP and the "skinning" of the underlying user interface controls. It still persists in Windows 10.

When using a Toolbar on the Taskbar and the icon size is set to "small", the clickable targets are smaller than the vertical height of the taskbar. No problem, right? Either make the taskbar icon set to "small" as well and the clickable target area matches.

But what if I like the large buttons to click on? Setting the Toolbar (not taskbar!) icons to Large causes the taskbar vertical height to increase. This is fine for the Toolbar, but the application icons in the Taskbar now have an unclickable space beneath
    them. See image below (not my image... found online when trying to find a solution to this.)

Ubuntu Large Taskbar Button Icon Broken on Windows 10 update 1803 [​IMG]

This doesn't happen in Windows 7 when using the "Windows Classic" scheme... so the problem must derive from the Aero skinning of the taskbar.

To recreate:

• Right click on the taskbar and Unlock it.
    • Ensure taskbar is set to "large icons" mode from Taskbar properties dialog box.
    • Right click an empty area of the taskbar and create a new Toolbar.
    • Right click on the label of the toolbar and choose View > Large Icons
    This wouldn't necessarily be an issue if the clickable region of the Application Icons was the full vertical height of the visible taskbar. It also wouldn't be an issue if the Toolbar "Large Icons" setting didn't have icons bigger than the Application Icons.

If there is a registry hack or other solution PLEASE let me know! I have had this problem with Toolbars since Windows XP, and the Toolbars are essential to my workflow.

Thanks!

spiffyfitz, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Ubuntu Large Taskbar Button Icon Broken on Windows 10 update 1803

1. Ubuntu Large Taskbar Button Icon Broken on Windows 10 update 1803 - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Large Taskbar

2. How can I fix these broken large icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix these broken large icons?: So I'd like to use custom icons and to make it I use IcoFx. Still, even though icons should be viewed in large size, they randomly switch to extra small look, make no mistake those icons next to Alan Wake's icon are full cover icons and should appear as a large icon but I...
  3. How can I fix these broken large icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix these broken large icons?: So I'd like to use custom icons and to make it I use IcoFx. Still, even though icons should be viewed in large size, they randomly switch to extra small look, make no mistake those icons next to Alan Wake's icon are full cover icons and should appear as a large icon but I...
  4. Windows 10 Home taskbar icons broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home taskbar icons broken: Hello: I tried many fixes suggested for this issue, to no avail, as in the middle icon of the below image. Clicking on it, the icon changes to what's shown in the second image, but reverts when the applications is closed....
  5. Windows Taskbar icons or buttons not working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Taskbar icons or buttons not working: [ATTACH]Windows Taskbar has evolved with time, and in Windows 10, it offers many features, […] This article Windows Taskbar icons or buttons not working first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue

Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue: I have a strange issue with white icons on the taskbar. I have a default XML file targeted to each machine for tiles and taskbar. Anything within the users appdata\roaming is not copied back to the to the network, this is to keep profiles down and most profiles are under 2 Mb...
  7. Taskbar Button Sizes Broken

Taskbar Button Sizes Broken: Hi guys, I finally took the plunge and upgraded. Needless to say, I was afraid I'd be disappointed and for the most part, I am. Among the many issues, one specifically I'm confused about is the taskbar button size. In earlier versions of Windows, I was able to make the...
  8. taskbar button icon width

taskbar button icon width: I found in seven forum a solution from Brink about this HTML Code: "]Windows 7 Help Forums Is it working that? How can I reduce the taskbar button icon width? 18442
  9. Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar: I just upgraded my desktop PC to Windows 10 today and found a bug. I have a laptop which I upgraded few days ago and went just fine without having this kind of problem. As the screenshot shows, it incorrectly display Microsoft Edge, Store, and Calculator icon. Any other...
  10. Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10: How to: Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 How to Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ubuntu application small icon

2. ubuntu windows 10 taskbar icon