Windows 10: UBUNTU users -- Paramount orders Google to take down Links to the OS !

Discus and support UBUNTU users -- Paramount orders Google to take down Links to the OS ! in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there I think we all recognize the right of content creators to protect their investment but when a big movie studio (Paramount) seems to think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 4, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

UBUNTU users -- Paramount orders Google to take down Links to the OS !

Hi there

I think we all recognize the right of content creators to protect their investment but when a big movie studio (Paramount) seems to think that the very popular and FREE open source Linux OS UBUNTU is a "Pirate torrent site" we really should start getting worried about giving too much concerns to regulators wanting better control over the Internet.

Paramount Wipes Ubuntu Torrent From Google - TorrentFreak

I'm sure UBUNTU is a hugely popular OS -- many people on this site run it as VM's too -- Nothing even remotely illegal about it !!!!!

Beware you've been warned !!!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Windows Don't Refresh

Ubuntu?

I'm considering running Ubuntu as a second OS, only fall back to Windows when really need it.

Not experienced with it, but I suspect it's more stable.

UBUNTU users -- Paramount orders Google to take down Links to the OS ! :)

AussieChris, Oct 4, 2016
  3. Joe Rai Win User
    Screen glitches after logging in from logged off stage

I updated to the latest OS Build but I'm still countering the same problem. You can see my screen glitch from here.

PS : There was no such problem like this with ubuntu 17.10 when I replaced my windows 10 (after the problem started) with ubuntu 17.10 in order to check if the problem was with my hardware. I would have continued using ubuntu 17.10 but I need windows
    10 OS as my primary OS.

Joe Rai, Oct 4, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

lx07, Oct 4, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Why would Paramount interfere with Linux distributions and the way they're downloaded?

swarfega, Oct 4, 2016
  6. chuck1959 Win User
    I pay for everything that has a price tag. No "copies" or illegal stuff. Yet it seems a lot of people I happen to run into online or in person say why pay for MS Office monthly, I can give you a copy free. This disturbs me to no end. I am not supposing anyone in this thread does such things, but something like this will make people go nuts and they are the ones "stealing" videos, music, software etc. Yes it does sound a bit over the top but this is just one instance out of millions and millions. Why get upset? Why not go after the "cheaters" who inevitably raise the cost to me for legitimate purchases? Use the energy for this against them? Am I the only that cares about pirating? Strange that most who have a computer I talk to start in about getting a ripped copy of this or that. It's a high percentage and I kinda back away from them then forget them. I don't want to be involved with people who pirate anything. Yes, I have all my receipts for all purchases. LOL UBUNTU users -- Paramount orders Google to take down Links to the OS ! :)

chuck1959, Oct 4, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    Kudos to you.

You are not the only one, a lot of users have made a conscious choice to not use pirated, unlicensed software. I am quite proud of having made that decision.

This tweet is shown on top of everything else to all visitors on my Twitter profile:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Kari, Oct 4, 2016
  8. UBUNTU users -- Paramount orders Google to take down Links to the OS !

Crazy how much power the studios have over the internet.

Scott Millar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. UBUNTU users -- Paramount orders Google to take down Links to the OS ! - Similar Threads - UBUNTU users Paramount

2. Photo order in Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo order in Phone Link: I've got a Sony Xperia One V which I've linked with my Windows 10 PC via the Phone Link app.Most of the features work relatively well... except for photos. The photos in Phone Link are shown completely out of order. And since the app doesn't show information about the photo...
  3. Photo order in Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo order in Phone Link: I've got a Sony Xperia One V which I've linked with my Windows 10 PC via the Phone Link app.Most of the features work relatively well... except for photos. The photos in Phone Link are shown completely out of order. And since the app doesn't show information about the photo...
  4. Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot: I recently installed the Windows System for Linux and the distro that I choose was Ubuntu. Though after when I tried to log on to Ubuntu after I woke up, it just was stuck in booting and didn't actually load for like 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure what the problem is and this is...
  5. Ubuntu Sharing between Users

Ubuntu Sharing between Users: I have installed Ubuntu 20.x LTS from Microsoft Store in my windows 10 PC. Unfortunately, the other users on my PC may not able to access/share the Ubuntu installation. How do I share with the other users in this same machine without doing individual installation. If I...
  6. os down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    os down: lost os windows 10 labtop booted up with flash drive in por now my systems out of whack........ i try to reset it but it keeps going to bios i cant get to the recovery page can enyone help me thank you...
  7. Ubuntu takes ... how much?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ubuntu takes ... how much?: [ATTACH] So, apparently, Ubuntu I have installed on Windows takes 128 TB on my 256 GB SSD. Okay, then! https://preview.redd.it/ngf8155q2ry41.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=2b922547dd858d1759e97aecf88a0362aeaef5fd submitted by /u/xylinroom [link] [comments]...
  8. Upgrade order link not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgrade order link not working: Purchased Windows 10 pro, upgrading from Home. When clicking the order in my account after all paid for, the link is dead and takes me to a "URL cannot be found or not longer available." How is that possible when i just purchased the upgrade and it should be a download the...
  9. Google+ Closing Down

Google+ Closing Down: Just got email from Google telling me that, as a user, they wish to inform me that google+ is closing down in April. I have looked all over but cant tell if this includes Google Drive, as I pay for storage of thousands of images. 126500
  10. Google shutting down Google+ for consumers

in Windows 10 News
    Google shutting down Google+ for consumers: Many third-party apps, services and websites build on top of our various services to improve everyone’s phones, working life, and online experience. We strongly support this active ecosystem. But increasingly, its success depends on users knowing that their data is secure,...