Windows 10: Uefi access

Discus and support Uefi access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to access my UEFI on a Windows 10 Navigate to settings. ... Select Update & security. Select Recovery from the left menu. Click Restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thepurejem, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Uefi access

When I try to access my UEFI on a Windows 10

• Navigate to settings. ...
    • Select Update & security.
    • Select Recovery from the left menu.
    • Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. ...
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    The screen goes blank and stays blank for ever, I have to reboot to start windows.
    I updated my UEFI/BIOS after upgrading my OS from 8.1 to Win10 I found out later I should have updated the UEFI/BIOS
    first then Win10, I have to access the UEFI/BIOS to change the boot sequence to access my USB WD hard drive BACKUP AND RECOVERY Win10
    I hope someone can help thank you in advance.
    More info Board: Acer IPXHW-RL 1.02
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-A3 07/16/2015 This is the latest UEFI/BIOS I upgraded to.
    I want to reinstall windows 10 and hope this will cure the problem?
    Regards

:)

thepurejem, Jun 13, 2016

2. how to access UEFI

how to access UEFI

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RobertGuenette, Jun 13, 2016
  3. how to access UEFI

You need to get into the BIOS and modify the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy. On many machines you can then press F12 at boot time to get a boot device selection menu.

Frederik Long, Jun 13, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Uefi access

Not a fix for the bios, but most motherboards have a key combo to boot from a specific drive. Sometimes it's escape, sometimes f12, etc..

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers...-or-netbook%3F

It's F12 on yours, it seems. So you don't need to go into bios to change it.

Mystere, Jun 14, 2016
  5. On the new UEFI firmware apparently one has to access the settings through windows 10 recovery but I can not access the firmware to alter the boot sequence to access my usb 3 hard drive there seems to be some files missing I was hoping I could download/install windows 10 then reinstall my product ID

thepurejem, Jun 15, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    I'm not sure where you got that idea. windows cant change what happens before its even running

Mystere, Jun 15, 2016
  7. Thank you for trying to help me
    I got this from ACER Windows 10: Access the UEFI BIOS
    The first method F2 or F12 does not work no Acer logo just my enter password box this comes up within a few seconds, it boots up so quickly into my SSD this is why there is a second method through windows when I press restart to open UEFI the screen goes blank

thepurejem, Jun 15, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

Uefi access

That article in fact says you can access it from the function keys. If you're not seeing a logo, it's because it's running in fast boot mode. You aren't following the first step to hold the power button for 5 seconds to shut off.

Microsoft does provide an additional way to access it, but it doesn't remove the function keys.

Windows typically shuts down to a sleep state where the function keys won't work (this is called fast startup). In order to access the function keys, you need to either reboot or do a complete power off (hold the power button for 5 seconds) or disable fast boot. Regardless, you don't need to use the BIOS to select which drive to boot from.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Uefi access

1. Uefi access - Similar Threads - Uefi access

2. How to access UEFI setting on my Surface Laptop Go 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access UEFI setting on my Surface Laptop Go 2: Hello Microsoft,I have been trying to access UEFI settings on my Surface Laptop Go 2 windows 11, so far it's impossible. There is a ton of videos and forums about surface devices using buttons, but this model has none....
  3. How to access UEFI setting on my Surface Laptop Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access UEFI setting on my Surface Laptop Go 2: Hello Microsoft,I have been trying to access UEFI settings on my Surface Laptop Go 2 windows 11, so far it's impossible. There is a ton of videos and forums about surface devices using buttons, but this model has none....
  4. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  5. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  6. How to access the windows login without booting into UEFI Setup Utility Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access the windows login without booting into UEFI Setup Utility Settings?: Hello, good day People!I have an issue for long while, every morning once switching on the Windows PC - I get accessed automatically to ASROCK UEFI Setup Utility Dashboard screenshot attached where I have to update the date/time and press Fn + f10 to save and then only I can...
  7. How to access the windows login without booting into UEFI Setup Utility Settings?

How to access the windows login without booting into UEFI Setup Utility Settings?: Hello, good day People!I have an issue for long while, every morning once switching on the Windows PC - I get accessed automatically to ASROCK UEFI Setup Utility Dashboard screenshot attached where I have to update the date/time and press Fn + f10 to save and then only I can...
  8. How to access the windows login without booting into UEFI Setup Utility Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...: I kept restarting my laptop over and over and it seems that it doesn't really work. I've through a troubleshooter against this Win+R then paste "msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic", which is just Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, it seems that the troubleshooter can see the...
  10. Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...

Lenovo UEFI System Firmware: A process has requested access to an object, but has not been...: I kept restarting my laptop over and over and it seems that it doesn't really work. I've through a troubleshooter against this Win+R then paste "msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic", which is just Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, it seems that the troubleshooter can see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen goes blank trying to access uefi settings

2. uefi firmware settings remote access