Windows 10: UEFI boot mode and Hiren live USB issu

Discus and support UEFI boot mode and Hiren live USB issu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello once again I have a tablet. Model: Haier Y11b Now I have a Hiren bootable USB I want to boot the tablet from this USB but i am not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cnep, Jan 11, 2017.

1. cnep Win User

UEFI boot mode and Hiren live USB issu

Hello once again

I have a tablet.
    Model: Haier Y11b

Now I have a Hiren bootable USB I want to boot the tablet from this USB but i am not able to do so though the USB stick is shown in the boot device menu but it wont boot instead display a black screen.

Is the Hiren live USB compatible with UEFI boot mode machines??

:)

2. M1ckx9 Win User

Windows 10 32-bit install from USB stalls at Language selection

Made a second USB key with the Win 10 media - same issue

In the UEFI menus, the Boot Menu has 2 options

- Windows Boot Manager

- EFI USB Mass Storage

Secure Boot is 'On', yet Secure Boot Status is 'Disabled' - is this because Platform Mode is 'Setup Mode' and Secure Boot Mode is 'Custom'?

M1ckx9, Jan 11, 2017
  3. SX11 Win User
    Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB

Hy guys, on a UEFI PC Asus g752, a Windows 10 bootable usb is not recognized during boot time. The PC has Secure Boot Disabled and CS mode enabled in the BIOS/UEFI.

The bootable USB was created using Rufus and I tried all options including MBR/UEFI and GPT/UEFI ,

both using FAT32. I use the 90 Day Trial Windows 10 Enterprise available from microsoft.com.

The option named "MBR for BIOS or UEFI-CSM" does not work neither with its difference being that it forces the USB into NTFS mode vs the other two options, which allow it stay in FAT32 ...

The UEFI Asus pc will not boot from that USB, using the "Flash" selection during boot and ends up in black screen with cursor blinking.. Also this same USB

will not boot on a non-UEFI Dell laptop neither resulting in the same black screen with blinking cursor ...

Now, creating a bootable USB with the official Microsoft tool : MediaCreationToolx64 still cannot boot the UEFI Asus PC with the same blinking cursor result ... however it will boot the other non-UEFI Dell Laptop.

How can I create a bootable USB for that UEFI Asus PC ?

4. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Jan 11, 2017
  5. Kyhi Win User
    That was my same reply for this very same post at eight forums...

6. cnep Win User
    Thanks cereberus and Kyhi once again. Let me give it a try *Biggrin

cnep, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. UEFI boot mode and Hiren live USB issu - Similar Threads - UEFI boot mode

2. Lenovo laptop isn't showing USB boot drive in UEFI boot mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop isn't showing USB boot drive in UEFI boot mode: So I'm trying to download a new OS to my PC but for some reason my BIOS can't detect USB drive in UEFI mode, the legacy mode works but I can't get the OS downloader on legacy mode...
  3. UEFI Boot Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Boot Mode: A year or so ago, I had a software kaboom in my Dell All in 1. It required that I switch to legacy boot mode, and then restart in Safe mode to get it going again. I have, some time ago tried to get UEFI boot mode back on but it did not work. Now I see the Win 11 will require...
  4. Can't boot windows install USB in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot windows install USB in UEFI mode: I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 on my computer. The first time I installed windows it was done in legacy mode and worked find. That was 3 years ago now. I made a bootable usb with the windows media creation tool and tried to boot it using UEFI and the ASROCK logo comes up...
  5. Can’t boot in Uefi mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t boot in Uefi mode: I just built a new pc and everything works great, as long as I select CSM in the bios. However, if I try to boot with UEFI, it boots straight to the bios. I have windows 10 pro installed on a sata ssd. Any suggestions? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mXYtNP submitted by...
  6. Dell UEFI USB Boot

Dell UEFI USB Boot: Hi all, Sorry if this question has been asked before. I have already gone through a number of fixes but nothing seems to be working for me so far. I have been provided with a USB with an MDT image on to re-image a number of PCs but soon realised it was formatted in NTFS due...
  7. UEFI Boot Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Boot Issue: Heyo: I have an issue with a Dell Inspiron 5767. Basically, I had a BIOS update and now the computer isn't booting to the OS. Upon restart , it loads to automatic repair. The only thing I did was the Dell assistant upgraded the BIOS to 1.2.8. it said it successfully...
  8. The P.C. boots into UEFI mode.

The P.C. boots into UEFI mode.: I had used Rufus tool to create a bootable disk (target system is Legacy mode) and my motherboard setting is set to automatic (which means the boot mode depends on the bootable disk). But every time the system had boot into UEFI mode. I know that there're not enough category...
  9. UEFI Rescue USB Sticks - Hirens, Kaspersky, et al

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UEFI Rescue USB Sticks - Hirens, Kaspersky, et al: I'm looking for a UEFI bootable rescue stick with a file browser, virus scanner and other utilities. Couldn't find a way to put Hirens or Kaspersky on a stick that will boot in UEFI mode. Have my Macrium rescue disk on a stick, but it uses WinPE. Has anybody done it?...
  10. UEFI boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI boot issues: Hi Everyone i recently wiped my PC and reinstalled the most recent ISO from Microsoft, i changed from MBR to UEFI and i'm experiencing a few issues 1. turn pc on without monitor / pc on it turns on and posts but the screens are blank when i power my monitor on 2. if my...