Windows 10: uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update

Discus and support uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Says that uefi firmware isn't supported when trying to upgrade https://i.imgur.com/iOsdbgO.png here is my disk management, what am i supposed to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kippori, Sep 16, 2016.

1. kippori Win User

uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update

kippori, Sep 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 will not update/UEFI firmeware isn't supported

Donald, The answer to your question is that, yes, UEFI firmware needs to be current as it is still evolving. In thousands of cases helped with I have watched it work out most all bugs across all makes/models over about 3 years to where now it mostly works
    well. It is also the future replacing BIOS' with improved security, mouse and graphics support.

I understand you don't care about Anniversary Update which will come in via Windows Update anyway, and that you confirmed you have a UEFI firmware. One question remaining is if your present install is UEFI which can be confirmed in System Information under
    BIOS Mode by typing MSinfo in Start search.

What would also help others and determine if this might be a problem with the Anniversary media just released yesterday, is to know for sure if you booted the media correctly as a UEFI DVD or flash stick, or if you ran it from Windows Update or ran the media
    from Windows.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Aniversary Update - now on 15 PCs & counting.

Microsoft is using a staggered approach to deliver the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The software firm delivered Windows 10 November Update in a similar fashion. The Anniversary Update will be available first to systems that are specifically
    optimized for Windows 10. Examples include devices with UEFI BIOS, TPM 1.2 and Windows Hello Support. If you are not seeing the Anniversary Update, don’t worry, it will eventually appear; keep checking Windows Update periodically.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Firstly your pc is setup as a legacy bios boot.

Secondly the disk are setup as dynamic which is not needed in mot cases.

How are you trying to update and what version of windows are you running now?

cereberus, Sep 16, 2016
  5. Plankton Win User
    My guess is; that you have your disk set in "dynamic mode". Is there a reason you've changed your HDD to dynamic.

Plankton, Sep 16, 2016
  6. kippori Win User
    I'm just using the tool from the Microsoft website and my version is 10586 and apparently the tool says the latest version is 14393

Not sure how it happened honestly, I installed windows 10 straight up before and it had messed up somehow and didn't install on my SSD, so when I boot sometimes it would fail and I downloaded some program that kinda fixed it, and made it so that it would just boot up all the time without sometimes reading the HDD or SSD.

kippori, Sep 16, 2016
  7. kippori Win User
    How do i get it out of dynamic mode?

kippori, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update - Similar Threads - uefi firmware supported

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  4. Will doing a clean Windows 10 install fix UEFI firmware not supported?

Will doing a clean Windows 10 install fix UEFI firmware not supported?: Hi, so I actually have two problems and I’m thinking the only way to fix both of them may be to reinstall Windows 10, but i want to make sure before I go through with that. Problem 1: A few days ago the power flashed while I was using my computer and when it came back on my...
  5. UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.

UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.: Windows won't update and I get the above message. This is my Windows info [ATTACH] What do I need to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-the-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware-isnt/1a7e5683-4863-4c1f-b2e9-89e6918e8135
  6. The Disk layout for UEFI firmware not supported

The Disk layout for UEFI firmware not supported: When I was about to install the latest update for Windows 10 64bits I received the message: The Disk layout for UEFI firmware not supported. How I can fix that? I have Windows 10 working on Samsung MV 2 But all work fine....
  7. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?: Quick question. I have Secure Boot enabled, but would it cause any issues in case I need to update the UEFI firmware? So do I need to disabled Secure Boot before updating the firmware? Thx! 103955
  8. UEFI firmware settings screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings screen: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (32Bit), Since, I have lost access to my DVD drive. The Device Manager shows: [img] The drive has always been connected and worked fine with Windows 7; the hardware has never been altered or messed about with. So I decided...
  9. Creator's Update- Disk Layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported error

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator's Update- Disk Layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported error: Hi there. Applying the creators update manually to an existing Win 10 x64 installation, or at least attempting to. When using the manual upgrade exe, I receive the following error: Windows 10 will not run on this PC Here is why Windows 10 can't be installed: The disk...
  10. Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue

Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue: [img] Any suggestions?? 4734