Windows 10: UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG

Discus and support UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, My system specs are the following: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated, also confirmed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LordFarqs, Aug 15, 2016.

1. LordFarqs Win User

UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG

Hello all,
    My system specs are the following: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated, also confirmed by Slimdrivers. Samsung Series 5 ULTRA 530U4C-S02PT Also: It is an hybrid drive, 1TB HDD & 24GB SSD that is supposedly well installed (the laptop never been so fast after formating and installing windows 10 with express cache to take advantage of SSD hybrid boosting). Windows works like a speedster the only problem is the inaccessibility of BIOS, for example i want to enable the virtualization VT-X to install Oracle VM and i can't go BIOS to edit virtualization.
    Problems: UEFI BIOS firmware settings boot dialog is inaccessible.Not working suggested fixes:

• i) hotkeys Esc, F2, F4, F8 and F10 don't log in BIOS. Although safe mode, debug logging, etc are available. Disabling Fast Bios in the control panel > power management dialog doesn't do anything.
    • ii) automatic repair seems to give an error, after the account is specified in the repair boot dialog it gives error.
    • iii) recovery > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings Boot is not Visible.
    • iv) EasyUEFI free only works with Windows 10 Home, not Enterprise (it would resolve the issue appropriately with the boot into UEFI option) Sources:
    Cause (according to internet forums): i) Probably my uefi has Secure Boot Enabled and Fast Boot also, making the boot system almost instantaneous and rendering other boot scenarios blocked. Because system is only seeing the SSD drive as boot option. ii) There is a problem with samsung laptops and uefi, that makes the express cache and SSD install very tedious and difficult, i managed to do it and the pc is smooth the only issue is to access BIOS.
    Anyone has a clue on how to sort this out.
    Specifications: Operating System Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit CPU Intel Core i5 3317U @ 1.70GHz 53 °C Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 782MHz (11-11-11-28) Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. SAMSUNG_NP1234567890 (CPU Socket - U3E1) BIOS Brand Phoenix Technologies Ltd. Version P15AAJ Date 23/07/2015 Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Samsung) 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M (Samsung) 45 °C ForceWare version: 368.81 SLI Disabled Storage 698GB Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 (SATA) 36 °C 22GB SanDisk SSD i100 24GB (SSD) Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208BB Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

:)

LordFarqs, Aug 15, 2016

2. uefi firmware settings

I had some free time this morning, so I started up the computer and repeatedly press F2 to get into Lenovo's factory restore (OneKey) for Windows 8.1... started up Windows 8.1 and went into settings via the charms, and ran advanced startup - restart now...
    there was no UEFI Firmware Settings... so I guess my bios somehow got corrupt or removed the UEFI or something.

Jack Smook, Aug 15, 2016
  3. uefi firmware settings

Running sfc /scannow

I can only rollback to the factory install as I don't keep the previous updates file and doing that and starting all over is a pain in the *ss

Guess I'll have to live without that option

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]

(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Guess I can live without that option as I rarely use it, even though it's nice to have

Jack Smook, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG

1. UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG - Similar Threads - UEFI firmware settings

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  4. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to reach at "UEFI Firmware Settings" Option?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reach at "UEFI Firmware Settings" Option?: I am using Windows 10 Pro Enterprise Version and i am trying to reach at "UEFI Firmware Setting" option but i couldn't found that option in my PC.How to i can reach at "UEFI Firmware Setting" option?...
  6. Cant access UEFI firmware settings

Cant access UEFI firmware settings: I'm tying to access the bios to enable virtualization but clicking UEFI firmware settings => restart just boots my pc normally. None of the buttons that should boot my pc in bios does anything either.How can i access bios?...
  7. UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10

UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10: Dear Friends, Why is UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10? [ATTACH] But in another Windows 10, I see this option. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-firmware-setting-missing-on-windows-10/d5160b6d-53c0-4e4b-9a94-2ca80be2ba66
  8. UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]UEFI is one of the most important pieces of software when it comes to booting an operating system on a computer. BIOS being an alternative to UEFI already is less preferred when compared to it. Whether UEFI or BIOS is [...] This post UEFI Firmware settings...
  9. UEFI firmware settings screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings screen: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (32Bit), Since, I have lost access to my DVD drive. The Device Manager shows: [img] The drive has always been connected and worked fine with Windows 7; the hardware has never been altered or messed about with. So I decided...
  10. Cant acces uefi firmware settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant acces uefi firmware settings: Hey guys, So Im trying to install a new graphics card, and I have to tweak some settings in the bios. Unfortunately, when I try to open it(pressing escape at startup, scrolling down, and selecting uefi settings and pressing enter) nothing happens. I looked this up, and it...