Windows 10: UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

Discus and support UEFI missing? How can I access bios? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Missing bios nor gives the option during reboot to go to bios. 74939 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martin12golf, Jan 14, 2017.

1. UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

Missing bios nor gives the option during reboot to go to bios.

:)

martin12golf, Jan 14, 2017

2. NO UEFI

All it says is Legacy. How can I get UEFI or how can I access the bios. I really need to cause I'm trying to overclock my pc since it keeps resetting my setting when ever I overclock my pc.

Is there a way to covert Legacy to UEFI?

Martin Strickland, Jan 14, 2017
  3. NO UEFI

I have no UEFI. How can I access my UEFI Ive tried going to advance options but it does not give me the option for the UEFI.

Martin Strickland, Jan 14, 2017
  4. UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

When you first power on machine try pressing F2 repeatedly.

One switch for shutdown is /fw to reboot and enter firmware, command prompt(admin) enter =>> shutdown /s /fw /t
    See all shutdown options in windows 10 enter =>> shutdown /?

Caledon Ken, Jan 14, 2017
  5. I tried is both it did not work. I don't understand how come it gives my the option in my HP laptop but its missing on my Alienware desktop. I'm running 64 bit and x64 processor on my HP laptop. My desktop is 32 bit and x64 processor.

Is it a good idea to reset my desktop motherboard?

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Does the computer in question have a legacy BIOS or does it have UEFI firmware? The restart to firmware option will only be available and work with UEFI firmware computers. It will not with legacy BIOS. You can run MSINFO and look at the BIOS MODE parameter.

UEFI missing? How can I access bios? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 14, 2017
  7. F***! I have Legacy is there other way to access the bios at all I want to overclock my computer.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

If you have fast startup in Windows 10 turned on, if you do a regular shutdown, when you start back up it will probably bypass the delay in BIOS that allows you to press the key to enter bios. If you are trying to get into BIOS, then hold down the shift key when you click on shutdown in the power icon options and that will bypass Windows 10 fast startup and shut down the computer to the absolute power off state. If you click on restart, the computer goes all the way back to complete startup before it reboots.

At the first signs of power on there will be a key that you will need to repeatedly press to get into bios setup. It varies by manufacturer and computer/motherboard model. It could be ESC, DEL, INS, F1, F11. You'll have to look in the manual or website to figure out which key it is.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    There's a BIOS setting for (extra) fast startup, but I believe that it's only available in UEFI systems. (Not applicable if the OP has a "legacy" system.) With it set, it's possible that no keypress will take the PC into the BIOS setup.

If there is a problem, the work-around is to clear the CMOS.

bobkn, Jan 15, 2017
  10. asusG Win User
    XFX nForce 500 Series, 600 Series, 700 Series, etc.

• Press Del during the boot process, immediately after the computer is turned on to enter BIOS

asusG, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

1. UEFI missing? How can I access bios? - Similar Threads - UEFI missing access

2. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  3. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  4. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to convert BIOS TO UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to convert BIOS TO UEFI: Good evening folks. I have Lenovo Thick Pad T450. BIOS Legacy. How can l convert the BIOS to UEFI? without reinstalling windows?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-bios-to-uefi/f67fb0ed-5919-497e-a1c6-12fe56891b57
  6. Absolutely unable to access UEFI/BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolutely unable to access UEFI/BIOS: Hello, I am trying to access UEFI/BIOS to enable Virtualization, my BIOS mode is indeed UEFI, I turned off fast start-up mode, I have done all of the ways I could find to access UEFI but it just doesn't show up as an option in troubleshooting. I need help to access UEFI....
  7. Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing: hello everyone, am in a tough spot right now. I converted my disk to gpt from mbt and I was supposed to access my bios to change from legacy to uefi. The problem is my bios key f2 for my Samsung laptop isn't entering bios and the booting keeps going into a loop state. I...
  8. Can UEFI BIOS get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can UEFI BIOS get corrupted?: Good day I have an HP laptop that out of thin air show the following message upon starting up: "The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid System board (00A) - System Board CT number" Now Windows 10 says it's not activated and...
  9. Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment: This Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E335 was originally supplied as a BIOS/MBR system with the ability to reconfigure as UEFI. Mainly out of curiosity I recently tried that and it worked fine, but having satisfied my curiosity I decided to revert to MBR. The process required a few BIOS...
  10. Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?: Hi I'm going to follow this tutorial to do a memtest86 MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials Is it OK to use this tutorial and boot to UEFI instead? Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials By the way I don't know what bios vs uefi...