Windows 10: uefi trouble

Discus and support uefi trouble in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install Ubuntu as dual boot. I already set secure boot to disabled, but still have no acces to my ubuntu DVD. Help please. 46599 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tyros, Apr 7, 2016.

1. tyros Win User

uefi trouble

I want to install Ubuntu as dual boot. I already set secure boot to disabled, but still have no acces to my ubuntu DVD.
    Help please.

:)

tyros, Apr 7, 2016

2. I have installed Windows 10 in internal HDD, now I wanted to install another copy of Windows 10 on a External/USB HDD.

Why is that ? What purpose ?

Sinf UEFI and WINDOWS 8/10 a lot of troubles with booting external devices.

I really miss all good BIOS ;-(

JaRoD_Sebastian, Apr 7, 2016
  3. WS8548 Win User
    Driver Signature Enforcement

Amit, I am having trouble with this too! But I cannot get to your step #7.

After selecting troubleshoot, I only have the selection to go to UEFI firmware settings - no startup settings?

WS8548, Apr 7, 2016
  4. uefi trouble

on my asus sysytem as well as disabling secure boot in the bios you then have to enable CSM.

toppergraph, Apr 7, 2016
  5. tyros Win User
    the bios don't let me enable the CSM. enable csm is set to NEVER.
    What now??

tyros, Apr 7, 2016
  6. download the manule for your mother board. and read up on the bios settings.

I shall investigate my bios settings again and see if I have missed something.

toppergraph, Apr 7, 2016
  7. tyros Win User
    sorry but there was no manual suplied with the PC

tyros, Apr 7, 2016
  8. uefi trouble

Like he said, "download the manual for your mother board". If you go to the manufactures web site, your model, it should be listed in the available downloads.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

uefi trouble

1. uefi trouble - Similar Threads - uefi trouble

2. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  3. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  4. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11: I have got myself in the uefi bios utility and trying to up grade to windows 11. Now I have lost internet and function of windows 10. Im in Bios utility now....
  5. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11: I have got myself in the uefi bios utility and trying to up grade to windows 11. Now I have lost internet and function of windows 10. Im in Bios utility now....
  6. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. UEFI Bios and Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Bios and Blue Screen: My windows 11pc is showing me a blue screen with error code: 0xc000021a, and also Critical process died. Also when I switched on my pc, it doesn't boot completely, I always have to force shut it downusing the power button, and repeat the process till it boots, what's could...
  8. UEFI Bios and Blue Screen

UEFI Bios and Blue Screen: My windows 11pc is showing me a blue screen with error code: 0xc000021a, and also Critical process died. Also when I switched on my pc, it doesn't boot completely, I always have to force shut it downusing the power button, and repeat the process till it boots, what's could...
  9. UEFI Bios and Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI: Hi, So I thought I'd sling a new disk in my system. And then the OS wasn't seeing it so instead of looking in disk manager I just swapped the cables for my D: drive and powered on. The boot config was missing and Win 10 wouldn't boot. Somehow my D: drive had been set as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uefi trouble