Windows 10: uefi trouble

Discus and support uefi trouble in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install Ubuntu as dual boot. I already set secure boot to disabled, but still have no acces to my ubuntu DVD. Help please. 46599 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tyros, Apr 7, 2016.

1. tyros Win User

uefi trouble

I want to install Ubuntu as dual boot. I already set secure boot to disabled, but still have no acces to my ubuntu DVD.
    Help please.

:)

tyros, Apr 7, 2016

2. I have installed Windows 10 in internal HDD, now I wanted to install another copy of Windows 10 on a External/USB HDD.

Why is that ? What purpose ?

Sinf UEFI and WINDOWS 8/10 a lot of troubles with booting external devices.

I really miss all good BIOS ;-(

JaRoD_Sebastian, Apr 7, 2016
  3. WS8548 Win User
    Driver Signature Enforcement

Amit, I am having trouble with this too! But I cannot get to your step #7.

After selecting troubleshoot, I only have the selection to go to UEFI firmware settings - no startup settings?

WS8548, Apr 7, 2016
  4. uefi trouble

on my asus sysytem as well as disabling secure boot in the bios you then have to enable CSM.

toppergraph, Apr 7, 2016
  5. tyros Win User
    the bios don't let me enable the CSM. enable csm is set to NEVER.
    What now??

tyros, Apr 7, 2016
  6. download the manule for your mother board. and read up on the bios settings.

I shall investigate my bios settings again and see if I have missed something.

toppergraph, Apr 7, 2016
  7. tyros Win User
    sorry but there was no manual suplied with the PC

tyros, Apr 7, 2016
  8. uefi trouble

Like he said, "download the manual for your mother board". If you go to the manufactures web site, your model, it should be listed in the available downloads.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

uefi trouble

1. uefi trouble - Similar Threads - uefi trouble

2. UEFI sucks and this is why

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI sucks and this is why: I have just clean formatted and installed w10 on an HP laptop (UEFI - Factory installed system was Win 8.1) and I found out that the system couldn't be activated and that WIFI card although seemed fine couldn't connect at all to my WIFI. Activated CSM (legacy mode in BIOS),...
  3. It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/memediet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/du6qq5/it_says_this_in_uefi_and_takes_me_to_a_boot_loop/
  4. How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI

How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI: I am trying to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI but am having no luck. I am trying to build a 4GB USB with the following bootable applications: - Acronis Boot Media 2017 - Clonezilla 2.6.3.7 - GParted 1.0.0.5 - Samsung SSD Eraser I have tried using YUMI 2.0.6.9 and XBoot...
  5. How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI: I am trying to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI but am having no luck. I am trying to build a 4GB USB with the following bootable applications: - Acronis Boot Media 2017 - Clonezilla 2.6.3.7 - GParted 1.0.0.5 - Samsung SSD Eraser I have tried using YUMI 2.0.6.9 and XBoot...
  6. "The disk layout for uefi frimware isn't supported."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The disk layout for uefi frimware isn't supported.": [ATTACH] So I'm trying to update Windows and even with the Update Assistant I'm getting this error message: https://preview.redd.it/x53i5e70vev31.png?width=599&format=png&auto=webp&s=91e0a5101d52902c40e2459a0fecb661e8baf4a1 I know I have UEFI firmware as listed in my...
  7. My Surface laptop always had an issue that it would get struck on UEFI loop. Everytime I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Surface laptop always had an issue that it would get struck on UEFI loop. Everytime I...: My Surface laptop always had an issue that it would get struck on UEFI loop. Every time I restart, it goes on that screen, no matter what setting I change, it doesn't work. Initially I would happen occasionally but now its permanent. Any idea how do I resolve it? I have...
  8. Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?: Hi all, I have read that if I pre-partionate my SSD before the OS install (in another computer or with command prompt (diskpart) by pressing SHIFT+F10 at the region/language selection window of the installer), it won't create automatically the 3 UEFI related partitions...
  9. UEFI will not boot USB but all looks ok with the disk

UEFI will not boot USB but all looks ok with the disk: Hello, Need a little bit of help please. I have a HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 Home 64 bit. It has UEFI boot. I'm rebuilding it so used the Windows media creation tool to create a 64 bit windows boot disk (FAT32 formatted). When I go to the advanced boot options in...
  10. Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI: Hi, So I thought I'd sling a new disk in my system. And then the OS wasn't seeing it so instead of looking in disk manager I just swapped the cables for my D: drive and powered on. The boot config was missing and Win 10 wouldn't boot. Somehow my D: drive had been set as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uefi trouble