Windows 10: UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

Discus and support UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Dec 17, 2016.

1. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot.
    But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ?

Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c
    I went to System Information, but It does not tell me the exact UEFI version that I currently have.

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Dec 17, 2016
  2. maxelcat Win User

windows 10 wont start - checking media fail

I have a 'secure boot mode'

Not sure I can find 'boot order' - is this it?

I found:

Boot mode is set to UEFI Secure boot on

then

UEFI BOOT:

UEFI onboard LAN IPv4

UEFI onboard LAN IPv6

Other options

:

:

thanks

maxelcat, Dec 17, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    “Your organisation used Windows Defender Application Control to block this app

Hi Bradley, there has to be a way to disable Secure Boot . . .

What is the Model No. of your System

If you are using a Utility to modify UEFI, what is the Mobo and version of the UEFI utility?

DaveM121, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

Where do you find this version requirement, on the manufacturers support page?

Right click on Windows Start button and select Run, type msinfo32.exe and click Ok. In resulting display you will find BIOS version/date and SMBIOS version, which will display what your looking for. SMBIOS versions 2.3.x are old versions dating back to pre 2004, doubt you have a machine that old!

Railtech, Dec 17, 2016
  5. Please see my print screen, looks like I have UEFI 2.7.
    So I should be OK then?

The info I got from here
    Secure Boot Overview
    Manufacturing Requirements

Secure Boot requires a PC that meets the UEFI Specifications Version 2.3.1, Errata C or higher.
    Secure Boot is supported for UEFI Class 2 and Class 3 PCs. For UEFI Class 2 PCs, when Secure Boot is enabled, the compatibility support module (CSM) must be disabled so that the PC can only boot authorized, UEFI-based operating systems.

win10freak, Dec 17, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If your UEFI did not support Secure Boot, then you would not have the option in the firmware to enable/disable it.

NavyLCDR, Dec 17, 2016
  7. Railtech Win User
    Your screenshot shows SMBIOS version 2.7 so you are good to go!

Railtech, Dec 17, 2016
  8. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

What if Secure Boot detects a rootkit or a bootkit or a malware in the firmware before Windows loads?
    Will this mean my machine will be "BRICKED" and reinstall Windows?
    Because of that's the case, if Secure Boot detects any malware in the firmware, then my machine will not boot at all. Then what???

How will I clean or remove a malware that modified the firmware?
    Will I need to reinstall Windows in this case or even replace the motherboard?

Also, as some of you may know, Secure Boot can be bypassed by just resetting the UEFI Admin password and disable Secure Boot, but since I DO NOT travel with my laptop and only do computing from home, then will this be good enough?

Thanks

win10freak, Dec 17, 2016
  9. Railtech Win User
    UEFI bios infection is very rare and at present requires physical access to the machine in order to do so.

To prevent such infections, Trend Micro advises users to enable the UEFI SecureFlash option, to set up a BIOS/UEFI password and to update the firmware to its latest version so that it has the latest security patches. UEFI/BIOS updates are usually distributed by computer manufacturers through their support websites and some of them do fix issues identified by security researchers.

For more check the link below:

Hacking Team's malware uses a UEFI rootkit to survive operating system reinstalls | PCWorld

Railtech, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

1. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ? - Similar Threads - UEFI Secure Boot

2. UEFI Secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  3. UEFI Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI Boot: Following a Windows 10 updateto version 2004 on 18thAugust 2020, my PC goes into a boot loop, I can get out of it by pressing F12 and selecting Windows Boot Manager rather than the default UEFI partition 1 on a Kingston SSD. The PC then boots and runs normally. I would like...
  4. Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607: I need to configure Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607. I understand that they can be on Windows 10 version 1703 or later, but we are not allowed to upgrade Windows 10 version 1607 due to our local policy for now. I have been looking for if there is any way to...
  5. UEFI BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...
  6. UEFI Secure Boot questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Secure Boot questions: My laptop has Windows 10 with Secure Boot enabled in my UEFI firmware setting and my question is, can Secure Boot still protect booting from a malicious OS or tool (from a bootable USB stick) even when using the F12 Boot Menu Options prompt? I have a Dell laptop, which uses...
  7. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?: Quick question. I have Secure Boot enabled, but would it cause any issues in case I need to update the UEFI firmware? So do I need to disabled Secure Boot before updating the firmware? Thx! 103955
  8. UEFI with secure boot disabled

UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  9. UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled: Hello tech guys, i need emergency help, i posting this thread from my frined's computer, i have a HP laptop, and few days ago i send it to tech shop for motherboard repair, and they did it as well, but after few days i am facing problem with BIOS, i cant change bios...
  10. UEFI booting

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI booting: I created two UEFI bootable USB drives: USB stick 1.) using windows 10 "create recovery drive" - on a 32GB usb 3.0 drive USB stick 2.) using EASE US backup/restore software - on a 4GB usb 2.0 drive Both sticks appear to be UEFI. When I put them in my windows 10 desktop...