Windows 10: UFO - Unwanted Folder Object

Discus and support UFO - Unwanted Folder Object in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I applied Windows 10 to dual boot with Windows 7 a folder named c8fc94481cec789b7c was placed in the same partition with Win10. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martian, Sep 10, 2016.

1. martian Win User

UFO - Unwanted Folder Object

When I applied Windows 10 to dual boot with
    Windows 7 a folder named c8fc94481cec789b7c
    was placed in the same partition with Win10.

Is c8fc94481cec789b7c necessary? Would Win10
    stop functioning if this folder is deleted?

TIA to anyone who answer.

:)

martian, Sep 10, 2016

2. Remove sppextcomobjhook.dll which I received from Microsoft App.

hello robday,

i have the same issue with SppExtComObjHook.dll. I tried to make a new file, a notepad, and renamed it with the name of this unwanted object. When i restarted the computer the unwanted object appeared again, under the same name and now exists near the newly
    created file

renascentist, Sep 10, 2016
  3. N97 Blocked on the Opening Nokia white screen

thanks a lot ufo. that's what i did and it worked... poor phone.

kennillionaire, Sep 10, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

On the face of it, this looks like some kind of MS update folder. If you check files in the directory %windir%\softwaredistribution\download, you'll probably see something similar therein (for example, I see an item named c3248eb572cb5f82e63ce9c6d73cfbf39b1052ae in mine right now). Chances are that this is something written during the download, install, or post-install initial update activities involved in adding Win10 to your drive. If you use the disk cleanup utility (cleanmgr.exe), then click Clean up system files, you might see an item labeled "Windows Update Cleanup" therein. Clicking this may (or may not) remove this folder. If it does, good; if not you can right-click on the item in question, select properties, then check the security tab in the properties window. If administrators have full control you can delete this file if you like. If they don't have full control, you may need to delete the file when booted into the "other OS" (Windows 7 in your case, if I read your post correctly).

Here's a relevant discussion from superuser.com about this general subject that you might also find informative.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 10, 2016
Thema:

1. UFO - Unwanted Folder Object - Similar Threads - UFO Unwanted Folder

2. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".: Hello, The problem appears in Visual Studio, that when I try to create a new Project, it always drops the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I have uninstalled and installed Visual Studio, multiple times, but the problem appears always. Also, I...
  3. Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder: Want to move my User settings to another partition but non-tenforums steps are wrong. Now my 3D Objects appears as a folder 'Dave', in my User folder alongside Pictures, etc. (I moved it back there.) I've read the tutorials on this site and will follow. But how do I make my...
  4. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  5. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  6. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted: I set up the Onedrive folder in a non-default location, but now I have two Onedrive folders; the one I set up in the custom location, and another one that was created at the same time in the default location. I can't get rid of the one in the default location without...
  7. "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "object reference not set to an instance of an object": Hi guys, I'm trying to download some you tube songs...I updated to the new version (4.1.509) & I get this message. I did the same with win7 & it worked fine. Can some body please advise? 51766
  8. remove 3d objects from users folder

in Windows 10 Support
    remove 3d objects from users folder: Hi brink .how do I remove 3d objects from users folder [img] 97807
  9. Missing objects in Browse for files or folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing objects in Browse for files or folders: When creating a new desktop shortcut my window Browse for Files or Folders only displys my desktop and user account sub folder. How can I restore all my objects to this window such as MyPC and disk drives. This works OK with Win 7 but not win 10. 65864
  10. Unwanted folders in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in control panel: Hello, After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture how can I get ride of them? [img] 21711