Windows 10: UFO - Unwanted Folder Object

Discus and support UFO - Unwanted Folder Object in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I applied Windows 10 to dual boot with Windows 7 a folder named c8fc94481cec789b7c was placed in the same partition with Win10. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martian, Sep 10, 2016.

1. martian Win User

UFO - Unwanted Folder Object

When I applied Windows 10 to dual boot with
    Windows 7 a folder named c8fc94481cec789b7c
    was placed in the same partition with Win10.

Is c8fc94481cec789b7c necessary? Would Win10
    stop functioning if this folder is deleted?

TIA to anyone who answer.

:)

martian, Sep 10, 2016

2. Remove sppextcomobjhook.dll which I received from Microsoft App.

hello robday,

i have the same issue with SppExtComObjHook.dll. I tried to make a new file, a notepad, and renamed it with the name of this unwanted object. When i restarted the computer the unwanted object appeared again, under the same name and now exists near the newly
    created file

renascentist, Sep 10, 2016
  3. N97 Blocked on the Opening Nokia white screen

thanks a lot ufo. that's what i did and it worked... poor phone.

kennillionaire, Sep 10, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

On the face of it, this looks like some kind of MS update folder. If you check files in the directory %windir%\softwaredistribution\download, you'll probably see something similar therein (for example, I see an item named c3248eb572cb5f82e63ce9c6d73cfbf39b1052ae in mine right now). Chances are that this is something written during the download, install, or post-install initial update activities involved in adding Win10 to your drive. If you use the disk cleanup utility (cleanmgr.exe), then click Clean up system files, you might see an item labeled "Windows Update Cleanup" therein. Clicking this may (or may not) remove this folder. If it does, good; if not you can right-click on the item in question, select properties, then check the security tab in the properties window. If administrators have full control you can delete this file if you like. If they don't have full control, you may need to delete the file when booted into the "other OS" (Windows 7 in your case, if I read your post correctly).

Here's a relevant discussion from superuser.com about this general subject that you might also find informative.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 10, 2016
Thema:

1. UFO - Unwanted Folder Object - Similar Threads - UFO Unwanted Folder

2. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place. Аnd how to get rid of it....
  3. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place. Аnd how to get rid of it....
  4. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place...
  5. Unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders: Windows 10 Home 20H2. There are 2 folders, one called Pictures, the other called Videos, which keep appearing on my desktop. Both these folders are empty. I keep deleting them but as soon as I restart the computer they reappear. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of...
  6. 3D Builder: Merging objects creates unwanted polygons

3D Builder: Merging objects creates unwanted polygons: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello! I am trying to merge two objects into one. Upon using the "merge" function, the object reveals many unwanted polygons, when i am trying to have the part smooth for a 3d print. I have attached two photos: one before and one after. If anyone can help,...
  7. Removal of unwanted folders

Removal of unwanted folders: Removal of unwanted folders One of my setups has recently fallen victim to some misbehaving software that had undesirable contents installed on the D drive which is used for personal data. "Apps and features" was able to remove these, but attempts to delete the folders left...
  8. Problem with unwanted folder deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion: I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their...
  9. Missing objects in Browse for files or folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing objects in Browse for files or folders: When creating a new desktop shortcut my window Browse for Files or Folders only displys my desktop and user account sub folder. How can I restore all my objects to this window such as MyPC and disk drives. This works OK with Win 7 but not win 10. 65864
  10. Unwanted folders in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in control panel: Hello, After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture how can I get ride of them? [img] 21711