Windows 10: Ugly home network components.

Discus and support Ugly home network components. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (This is maybe pure "Chum" but I'll put it out there anyway.) Why are cable modems and routers so ugly? First the two I have are black, secondly they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chucktin, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Chucktin Win User

Ugly home network components.

(This is maybe pure "Chum" but I'll put it out there anyway.)

Why are cable modems and routers so ugly? First the two I have are black, secondly they are odd sized - do they have to be that big? Jeez the last modem card I had was a half sized midget!

By way of explanation we have moved into a new "old" house (mid-century rancher) and the two (wifie implies) stick out like sore thumbs even tho I have them "tucked away".

There's gotta be a better way!

:)

Chucktin, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Ugly home network components.

Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Ugly home network components.

1. Ugly home network components. - Similar Threads - Ugly home network

2. Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing: In the Desktop screen, everything is dispayed as it should be.Normal and easy to use.But in Explorer and Bing, the Font is changed to an UGLY Font with BIG charaters and BIG spacing.Can I change the Font and spacing in Windows 11?TIA...
  3. Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing: In the Desktop screen, everything is dispayed as it should be.Normal and easy to use.But in Explorer and Bing, the Font is changed to an UGLY Font with BIG charaters and BIG spacing.Can I change the Font and spacing in Windows 11?TIA...
  4. Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Network: I've set up six pcs in my home and set up for file sharing on each of them, two are Windows 8.1 and four are windows 10. I have done this many times and not had an issue however there seems to be an issue using Ethernet rather than Wi-FiOn file explorer menu to the left at...
  5. windows is ugly

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows is ugly: windows so ugly look at image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-ugly/ffae63f3-cf24-4a1e-b6c5-727c5e6fe3f2
  6. Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly: hello all is ugly, I almost questioned if I installed the driver correctly, removed it and reinstalled it, no thing I have done seem to workI did changed resolutions, trying to change bit depth I have Lenovo l560, graphic: Intel HD graphic 520...
  7. Removing unnecessary components of Office 365 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unnecessary components of Office 365 Home: I purchased and installed Office 365 but I am not going to use some of the apps included. Is there a way to remove these apps or reinstall entire Office 365 but without these apps. Thank you in advance...
  8. Now this is called ugly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now this is called ugly...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etdv0d/now_this_is_called_ugly/
  9. Home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network: How do you set up a home network in the latest version of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network/3aafe857-37f8-425e-9c86-56e9b407416b
  10. Mandatory Windows 10 Home updates: The good, the bad, and the ugly

in Windows 10 Support
    Mandatory Windows 10 Home updates: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Mandatory Windows 10 Home updates: The good, the bad, and the potentially ugly If you want to run Windows 10 Home then you will have to agree to Microsoft's terms, and those now state that you agree to have updates automatically installed on your system....