Windows 10: Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible?

Discus and support Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I came across this today and I really did not delve to deeply but is the gist of this right? that if I have VMware Workstation already installed that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by phaedruspress, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible?

I came across this today and I really did not delve to deeply but is the gist of this right? that if I have VMware Workstation already installed that I am going to run in to problems creating a VM using Hyper V? TIA.

are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible

:)

phaedruspress, Jun 24, 2018
  2. MAS
    MaS Win User

Hyper V or VMWare?

I previously used VMWare Workstation 10 on Windows 8.1 x64.
    When I uninstalled VMWare Workstation 10 I found the following:
    • Irreversible changes to Windows 8.1 system setup
    • A huge number
    of files and folders left on my system that could not be deleted
    I had to format my C:\ drive and re-install Windows 8.1 afresh.

My question now is:
    If I install Hyper-V in Windows 10 Pro x64, will take control of my system and make irreversible changes like VMWare Workstation did?

3. BulldogXX Win User
    Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 desktop and laptop

Personally, I would choose VMWare Workstation, even though it's quite expensive. Microsoft hasn't put a lot of effort into Hyper-V - maybe in future they will - but for now Hyper-V doesn't match VMWare.

BulldogXX, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible?

Hyper V

Please Mississippi State IT student do not respond. The last of you that replied didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I will repeat my question. I opened Hyper-v and ran Fedora for about three days. I got a free copy of VMware. VMware and
    Hyper-v are not compatible. I have VMware for 30 days, I have Hyper-v forever. How do I disable Hyper-v so that VMware does not see it?

Robber_joey, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible?

1. Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible? - Similar Threads - Are Hyper VMware

2. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V on same machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V on same machine: I know it's been out in beta a while, but the new Version of VMware workstation (15.5.5) is now out which can be installed on a system with Hyper-V active. This is great if you need to do testing with both Hypervisors. Just tried it and it works like a charm. Note that this...
  3. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V Working Together

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V Working Together: Yesterday VMware demonstrated a pre-release version of VMware Workstation with early support for the Windows Hypervisor Platform in the What's New in VMware Fusion and VMware Workstation session at VMworld. In Windows 10 we have introduced many security features that utilize...
  4. VMWARE and Ms to have HYPER-V and Workstation / Player to co-exist

VMWARE and Ms to have HYPER-V and Workstation / Player to co-exist: Hi folks I don't normally get involved in what is often perceived as Vaporware but this idea of HYPER-V and VMWARE co-existing is something that people have wanted for a long time -- and it looks that the next release of Workstation (16 --not out yet --current release is...
  5. Hyper-V vs VMWare Workstation pains

Hyper-V vs VMWare Workstation pains: I have used Hyper-V in the past on Server 2008 some years back and typically used rdp from another machine to access the VM's. I have a lot more experience over the years using VMWare Workstation (ESX too) as well as VirtualBox. I thought I would give Hyper-V another go...
  6. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hyper-V previously and you are trying to install VMware or any other virtual machine creator, you may confront an error – VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Users face such an issue since Windows 10 [...] This post VMware...
  7. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  8. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  9. HYPER-V with second level VM running on vmware workstation

HYPER-V with second level VM running on vmware workstation: Hi there just thought I'd do a Bonkers experiment - works and isn't too slow (but use SSD !!!). Host W10 X-64 PRO with HYPER-V VM1 (ist level VM - 2nd level machine) Linux CENTOS 7 with latest kernel (4.7) VM2 --installed VMware workstation on the Linux machine...
  10. Hyper V or VMWare?

Hyper V or VMWare?: While not an expert, I am fairly familiar with VMWare. I know very little about Hyper V, but have watched @Kari videos about it. I know VMWare is easier to set up and there are some features easier to use in VMWare. What I am asking is what are the advantages/disadvantages...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixit vmare workstation and hyperv are not compatible w10

2. run vmware workstation 15 alongside hyper-v

3. How to run hyper v on vmware workstation

4. vmware workstation versus hyper-v windows 10,
  5. compatibilidad vmware vs hiperv,
  6. hyper v vs vmware workstation 15,
  7. vmware workstation vs. hyper-v