Windows 10: Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again.

Discus and support Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ugh. This is two back to back major windows updates that has erased my ability to change my fonts. The last time, I came to this forum and copied a ton... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JRT10, May 25, 2018.

1. JRT10 Win User

Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again.

Ugh. This is two back to back major windows updates that has erased my ability to change my fonts.
    The last time, I came to this forum and copied a ton of registry edits to change the font size and type.
    Those registry edits no longer work.
    So i'm hoping someone here knows a workaround.

:)

JRT10, May 25, 2018
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Uh oh, Bad Move

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue, allow us to verify some information.

• We're you trying to install it from the Windows Store?
    • Have you tried running the Windows App troubleshooter?
    If you haven't done the latter, we suggest doing so. Please check out these steps:

1) Press Windows + X and then click
    Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting and on the left pane select
    View all.

3) Select Windows store app
    and follow the on-screen instruction.

We also suggest doing a Windows store reset. Here are the steps:

1) Press "Windows+R" key on the keyboard to open
    Run window

2) In the Run window type wsreset.exe and then click
    ok it will clear all the cache in Windows store.

You can also check out this link for additional reference:
    Make Older Programs Compatible with this Version of Windows.

We will wait for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, May 29, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again.

1. Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again. - Similar Threads - update deleted font

2. Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings: Can anyone help me??? Windows updated and I can not find saved docs/pdfs/photos and changed user settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/latest-windows-update-deleted-files-and-change-all/09654585-5dbe-4743-837a-f19dd212bbb5
  3. Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Uh-oh! Are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible?: I came across this today and I really did not delve to deeply but is the gist of this right? that if I have VMware Workstation already installed that I am going to run in to problems creating a VM using Hyper V? TIA. are Hyper-V Windows 10 and VMware Workstation compatible...
  4. Deleting fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting fonts: Is there a way to delete a font in windows 10 build 9860? I used to delete fonts in win8 and win 10( previous build) by right clicking and delete but the new build will not allow to do that. 2611
  5. Changing all windows fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing all windows fonts: Hi there, I want to change the font on my PC. I am able to change icon fonts and windows fonts by methods I found on here, but I can not change all fonts including the fonts used on the lock screen and those used on the start menu. How can I change these to custom fonts?...
  6. Version, Builds, and Updates Oh My!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version, Builds, and Updates Oh My!!!: I just did a clean install of Windows 10. I then checked for updates a only got a few. This started me thinking since when I do 7 or 8 clean install, I get a lot of updates. So, I started my google quest to learn more about Versions, Builds, and Updates for Windows 10. I read...
  7. Microsoft account and deleting all settings of Windows 10 Preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account and deleting all settings of Windows 10 Preview: Hi I am using an account with Microsoft Windows 10 Preview and I saved all settings in an account live.it. How do I delete all these settings so that when will reinstall Windows 10 with the same Microsoft account, all the default settings remain? Thanks Bye 7318
  8. Why Oh Why Is This Happening All The Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Oh Why Is This Happening All The Time: Hi peeps, can you help? I run Revo Uninstaller and do a junk scan to remove, er, junk. But I have noticed that this always is in the list despite deleting... [img] I have tried, to reinstall Mail & Calender as suggested on some forums to no avail. I have also tried to...
  9. not all fonts installed on the system (C:\Windows\Fonts) are shown

in Windows 10 Support
    not all fonts installed on the system (C:\Windows\Fonts) are shown: I had not realized it until I tried to use some fonts on Photoshop. The fonts are shown on the fonts menu but they don´t seem to be available. In the folder C:\Windows\Fonts such fonts that were previously installed are no longer available. Anything to do with Windows 10...
  10. Delete all installed fonts (except system fonts only)

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete all installed fonts (except system fonts only): Hello, I wonder if I can delete all fonts, but keep the system fonts (which available when we install a clean windows 10. I notice that there ware about 200-250 fonts, but now is over than 1200 fonts) ? p/s: If you wants these fonts, I can send you *Wink [img] 50392