Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again.

Discus and support Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Ugh. This is two back to back major windows updates that has erased my ability to change my fonts. The last time, I came to this forum and copied a ton... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JRT10, May 26, 2018.

1. JRT10 Win User

Ugh. This is two back to back major windows updates that has erased my ability to change my fonts.
    The last time, I came to this forum and copied a ton of registry edits to change the font size and type.
    Those registry edits no longer work.
    So i'm hoping someone here knows a workaround.

:)

JRT10, May 26, 2018
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Uh oh, Bad Move

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue, allow us to verify some information.

• We're you trying to install it from the Windows Store?
    • Have you tried running the Windows App troubleshooter?
    If you haven't done the latter, we suggest doing so. Please check out these steps:

1) Press Windows + X and then click
    Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting and on the left pane select
    View all.

3) Select Windows store app
    and follow the on-screen instruction.

We also suggest doing a Windows store reset. Here are the steps:

1) Press "Windows+R" key on the keyboard to open
    Run window

2) In the Run window type wsreset.exe and then click
    ok it will clear all the cache in Windows store.

You can also check out this link for additional reference:
    Make Older Programs Compatible with this Version of Windows.

We will wait for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, May 29, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again. - Similar Threads - update deleted font

1. Is it OK to delete temporary files on an external disk after Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it OK to delete temporary files on an external disk after Update: Hi This is the first time I've had to plug-in an external drive to provide extra (temporary) diskspace during a Windows Upgrade. (Win10Home 1709 to 1803 on a 128GB SSD laptop). I don't need the rollback option anymore and I have responded to the System Prompt 'do I want to...
  2. Is it safe to delete windows.old after spring update

Is it safe to delete windows.old after spring update: After updating to Spring Update..installation went ok but my pc rebooted to spinning dots for hours. Out of frustration i did a pc reset..now everthing is ok.A couples of questions... Can i delete Windows.old folder and another folder called Windows 10 upgrade...say after a...
  3. Spring Update Deleted Outlook.com E-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Spring Update Deleted Outlook.com E-mails: After installing the recent Spring update, I discovered when I went to my Outlook.com e-mails that all my saved e-mails were gone. Apparently the update deleted everything in my saved folder. This does it for me. Microsoft can take their e-mail program and stick it. Going to...
  4. Windows 10 C drive space not regaining space. deleted update

Windows 10 C drive space not regaining space. deleted update: i got a massive space filled up 5GB and i deleted the windows update folder via disk cleaner. but the space still shows 175 instead of 180+ help! please and when i searched the disk cleaner again. the windows.update is no longer there. but the space should have been...
  5. after new update can I delete windows.old and windows.bt

in Windows 10 Support
    after new update can I delete windows.old and windows.bt: Greetings Just had a long update and again windows.bt and windows.old were added. Can I safely delete them? How do I know which version I am? what else I can delete? (my system drive dropped by 20GB but I'm not sure all is windows' fault) how can I get rid of windows...
  6. Windows Update Deleted files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Deleted files: Hey with it staying short i recently last night had a windows update which i set it to auto do it this morning and after the update i realised my pictures, music, videos all wiped nothing at all in them and i tried back-up but it was "off" coz this never happened to me so...
  7. Unable to rename/delete or move folders since updates KB4090913/14

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to rename/delete or move folders since updates KB4090913/14: An issue has surfaced for me since updates KB4090913 and KB4090914, and is still there after today;s KB4088776 update. If attempting to rename/delete/move a folder that is images (jpg, png etc), an error comes up: "The action can't be completed because the folder or a...