Windows 10: UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs

Discus and support UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Greetings! I recently jumped the 4K Bandwagon with the purchase of a new TV I mounted to the Wall and while I managed to get most of the stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Durahl, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Durahl Win User

UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs

Greetings!

I recently jumped the 4K Bandwagon with the purchase of a new TV I mounted to the Wall and while I managed to get most of the stuff running at 4096 x 2160 and still being readable some stuff just doesn't scale well despite my best efforts.

Maybe I'm just missing something but is there an option to have programs like the Battle.net Launcher, which appears to be totally unaffected by the Windows Scaling Scaling settings, appear to be bigger/more readable? On the same PC I also use an older version of PhotoShop ( Pre CC ) which does not come with the experimental 200% UI feature making it practically unusable since my migration from 1080p to 2160p.

Thanks in Advance =)

:)

Durahl, Nov 14, 2015

2. Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

Disabling scaling on the UHD monitor just isn't feasible, as the basic interface would be too small for me to use.

What's a "modern" app I can test with? I would have expected Edge to be as UI-compliant as Microsoft can make, but it too exhibits fuzziness. The odd thing is that the ancient apps that look poor on the UHD monitor (because they aren't designed with scaling
    in mind) look perfect on the HD monitors.

Belisarius2501, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 pro 125% display blur

I've managed to get sharp big fonts in CMD, Device Manager, etc at once using standard Windows settings UI (i.e., without changing the compatibility settings or using the auto-start registry script or 3rd party apps).

Basically, you need to go to the Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display and set a
    custom scaling level to 125%.

The nuance is that the UI won't let you to apply the setting if you already have the recommended 125% setting in the Settings > Display. But there are at least two workarounds:

Workaround 1: You can just set the scaling level to some other value in the Settings > Display UI, just before changing the settings back to 125% in the custom scaling level UI.

Workaround 2: You can set the custom scaling level to some other value in the custom scaling level UI, Apply, choose to re-logon later in the popped dialog, then set the custom scaling level back to 125%, Apply, and re-logon manually.

I've tested both workarounds and they both worked on two of my laptops.

Alex Che Korotkin, Nov 14, 2015
  4. pyramid10 Win User

I'm going to guess and answer "no".

Programmers for Piriform's CCleaner were able to write their program that scales well upward. They did have a problem scaling downward, now supposedly corrected. Programmers for Auslogics' Disk Defragmenter have not done so, yet? Its UI font is quite tiny on UHD. One small component of LibreOffice didn't scale up.

pyramid10, Nov 15, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    If scaling to 200% doesn't work, you could try changing the font size. Use Winareo Tweaker and change the default font size. Also make sure you are using latest graphics driver from manufacturer, as generic Microsoft drivers may not support all features.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs - Similar Threads - Scaling UHD being

2. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  3. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  4. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?: I've just bought a large 1440p monitor. I like the Windows 10 UI at the smaller size owing to the 1440p resolution, but I'd prefer my programs to be scaled a little larger. Is there any way to scale programs independently of Windows? submitted by /u/Mega_Dunsparce [link]...
  6. RANT: Resolution scaling between QUHD, UHD and FHD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RANT: Resolution scaling between QUHD, UHD and FHD.: I hate that Windows doesn't keep proper scaling levels when changing resolution. If I change resolution from 3840x3160 at 200% to 7680x4320, you'd expect scaling to be 400%. But nope, Windows decides to use 350%. Going from 7680x4320 at 400%, down to 3840x2160 should mean...
  7. Age of Empires UI Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires UI Scaling: Can you update the game to include larger UI resolution scaling? I can barely read the text and icons with the UI scale set to maximum. Impossible to play. Also I sit about 10 feet away from my HDTV not to strain my eyes please update the scaling....
  8. Win10 and its UI Scaling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 and its UI Scaling: Hello, I just built a new PC and made the move from win7 to win 10. I am being driven up a wall with some of these problems though. When on my recommended resolution : 3840 x 2160 with scale and layout set to 225% things look to be the right size (the text does, but the...
  9. disable dpi scaling for all programs in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    disable dpi scaling for all programs in windows 10: Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and I am disappointed to see that some of my programs are now blurry. I had encountered this problem before when I installed Windows 8.1, but somehow I was able to fix it. I can remove the blurriness from individual programs by...
  10. Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs: Hello all. Recently multiple programs (Google Chrome and Spotify for example) have started scaling accordingly to the windows scaling level (I have it at 125% because at 100% text is still readable, but annoyingly small). The problem I'm having with the programs mentioned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows scaling not applied to program